How do you get your edges to lay down?

FAMUDva

I'm trying to divorce my boar hair brush for my edges and eventually give up my eco styler (I think). So, I need advice on how to get smooth edges with conditioner and without a brush. I've only accomplished this once and I can't remember what I did right. Well, I DID use the brush, but no gel. I remember I tied my hair down overnight. But what do you do if you are in a tight and you want it to lay down the same day?!

TIA for your suggestion!

BTW I'm trying to thicken my edges so if you have advice please share that too!

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Thicken edges - jbco
Slicking edges - Bee Mine Curly Butter (soft, sleek hold)
ETA: No scarf tie down required with the Curly Butter. Apply and go.

Last edited:

AHeadOfCoils

I apply water, slick my edges with my hands and throw on a silk scarf for a few minutes. My edges lay down all day, by doing that.

greenandchic

I agree with using JBCO or even regular castor oil.

To hold down my edges, I usually slick it back with plain shea butter and tie my edges down with a satin scarf for a bit while getting ready for the day. If I'm going for 2nd day + hair, I don't use gel.

BeautifulRoots

I apply water pretty liberally to the edges. Not soaking wet, but quite damp. Then I slick castor oil over my edges. I put on a silk scarf for about 15 minutes and my edges are laying down after I take the scarf off.

Last edited:

Raine054

Cosigning on the silk scarf method. It works better on damp hair but either way it works better than gel for me.

lamaria211

I just tried some Elasta Qp Glaze and i must say im imoressed i love this stuff it lays my thick natural 4b hair down with out a problem and it makes it nice and soft the ingredients arent to bad either
Water (Aqua), Isoceteth-20, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Glycerin, Oleth-20, Propylene Glycol, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Biotin (Vitamin H), Linoleic Acid (Vitamin F), Persia Gratissima (Avocado) Oil [Contains Vitamins B2, D, A, E, K, & Potassium], Panthenol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Benzophenone-4, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Parfum [Fragrance