Natural/Organic Products Success Stories - Please Post Here

brownsugarflyygirl

I want to start using only natural/organic products...I just need a little encouragment from those of you who have reached your hair goals this way...TIA:grin:

Also, do you have any "exception" products that you cant let go of?

I've must have posted this a thousand times but I can't help it. http://qhemetbiologics.com/ has the best products in the world. My hair has never felt so good ever. I use the Alma and Olive Oil Heavy Cream and the Honeybush Hair Tea Soft Hold Gel for my twists and it keeps them supple for days.

Her detangler works great too

Wildchild453 said:
I've must have posted this a thousand times but I can't help it. http://qhemetbiologics.com/ has the best products in the world. My hair has never felt so good ever. I use the Alma and Olive Oil Heavy Cream and the Honeybush Hair Tea Soft Hold Gel for my twists and it keeps them supple for days.

Her detangler works great too

I think so too wildchild.

Qhemets products contain MSM which has my new growth so soft and wavy! :) I don't measure length anymore since Im keeping my hair short but this line has been a success for me! :love:

Since i have switched to all natural and organic products, my hair has never been in better condition. My staple lines are Giovanni and Aubrey Organics. I have dabbled with Burts Bees, Jane Carter Solution, and a few other random lines at whole foods but those are the ones i keep going back too. Oh yeah, JASONS line too. Its grown alot too. I will probably never go back/

-- I lost 10lbs-13lbs after I switched to natural-only products :grin:

(edited to add: Well, within a week or two after switching people at work began to asking me if I'd lost weight. It was crazy and :). But I guess once my body began to detoxify estrogen-mimickers (parabens), it changed something. Making the switch also empowered me to make other positive changes in my life that affected my health and weight for the better.)

-- I've gain peace of mind knowing that I am pro-actively protecting my health.

-- As for my hair. It help my relaxed hair -- slip, shine, detangling, was able to stretch my relaxers longer with greater ease, etc. Howerver, as fabulous as they were, they still weren't good enough to reverse the damages relaxers did to my hair. My hair doesn't like relaxers, so I had to accept the truth. Now that I am natural, I am very excited to see how my natural hair will thrive using natural-only products.

Last edited:
I've switched to Carols Daughter and my honey child, and Oyin handmade and my hair loves it, it's always soft and moisturized and no dry scalp at all either. I'm going to try qhemet next they sound good.

We all know how much I rave about Jason products and Giovanni Direct Leave-in :lol: They really improved the quality of my hair. Things only get better as you keep using them consistently. I've just started trying out Druide's hair care line. They are an ecological company and don't use any synthetic preservatives, colors, or fragrances, and their products don't have any silicones. I'm looking forward to seeing the longer-term results.

I still have some non-natural products. It's not that I can't let go of them, I just haven't. I'm slowly making the transition to more natural products for body and skin care too. As I run out of something I'll be replacing it with a more natural option. I'm going to be a little sad to give up my Mario Badescu skin care but I have faith I'll find something just as good or better :yep:

I'm co-signing w/Black Cardinal on the JASON's Line of products! THey are great! I swear by Giovanni's Direct Leave-in too! I use BBD products (not sure if they are organic or not). I would say that about 85% of the products I use are organic, there are just some of the 'bad' stuff that I can't/won't part with like Elasta's Mango Butter, Recovery and ORS RP. I just do everything in moderation and I'm fine with that.

Thank you ladies...all of your experiences are very encouraging!!! :D Especially the information about your body dumping the estrogen-imitating aspects....I am going to have to research that some more...:sekret:

I have been using Carols Daughters products, lots of oils that I pick up from Whole Foods, and I tried AO swimmers shampoo last night and I liked it....so I think I am on the right track...but I have also been picking up a bunch of cone/paraben full products:ohwell: ...so if I slow down on that I think I will be good...I just wanted to hear that it was worth it and people had success with natural products so THANK YOU!:grin:

i absolutely love castile soap- i get it from trader joe's ( their version), www.thechemsitrystore.com and dr. woods version from www.myvitanet.com - i cannot bear to be without it.

Grandpa's soap- tropicexotic turned me on to this- great soap bar that can be used for shampooing and is very gentle.

honey

glycerin

liquid aloe vera

grapeseed oil, coconut oil, palm oil, castor oil, safflower oil, vitamin e oil

I love Qhemet Biologics products. It's my fav natural line. I use the Amla and Olive heavy cream, Sidr Tree Butter, Olive and Honey Hydrating Balm and the detangler (forgot the name). I also use Whipped Pudding and Shine and Define from Oyin Handmade, Elucence MB shampoo and conditioner.

Pokahontas said:
I love Qhemet Biologics products. It's my fav natural line. I use the Amla and Olive heavy cream, Sidr Tree Butter, Olive and Honey Hydrating Balm and the detangler (forgot the name). I also use Whipped Pudding and Shine and Define from Oyin Handmade, Elucence MB shampoo and conditioner.

Is Elucence a natural product? I thought it was just like the others...

Well, I'm not sure if it's considered fully natural or not but it has a lot of natural ingredients in it. Here's the ingredients for the conditioner:

Panax Ginseng root extract, cetraria islandia (Irish Moss) extract, saccharomyces cerevisiea (Brewer's Yeast) extract, Gingko Biloba extract, pimpinella anisum (Anise) fruit extract, prunis persica (Peach) extract in purified water, hexadecanol, stearakonium chloride, certimonium bromide, Squalane (olive oil lipid), Capric Caprillic Triglycerides (coconut fatty acids), Panthenol (pro-vitamin USP), Biotin (USP), imisazolidinyl urea, methylparaben (USP), fragrance

Okay...so now I am soo torn:( ...I went to the Elucence site and they do claim to be a natural hair care product...

Pokahontas...I really really appreciate you posting the ingredients!! They sound great...except for the methylparaben :perplexed

I think I may still try it since it is mostly natural...the methylparaben was the only ingredient that wasnt a natural derivative from what I could see....a little parabens every two weeks probably wont cause problems...;) Especially if most of the rest of my products are truly natural/organic

Thanks Ladies...

brownsugarflyygirl said:
Okay...so now I am soo torn:( ...I went to the Elucence site and they do claim to be a natural hair care product...

Pokahontas...I really really appreciate you posting the ingredients!! They sound great...except for the methylparaben :perplexed

I think I may still try it since it is mostly natural...the methylparaben was the only ingredient that wasnt a natural derivative from what I could see....a little parabens every two weeks probably wont cause problems...;) Especially if most of the rest of my products are truly natural/organic

Thanks Ladies...
Sure, no problem. I really love the conditioner because it has such great slip. I use it as a leave-in. The shampoo is good too. Hope you like them if you decide to try them out.

I have been using the Qhemet Biologics Amla and Olive Heavy Cream for a few days and I :love: it! My hair is soft and Smoooottth! I love this stuff, it is gonna be a dream when I get into the later stages of my stretch!

I am gonna try the Detangler next...

Oh and the Oyin Handmade Shine and Define and Whipped Pudding has parabens.....:yep:

I love my JASON'S Natural and Carol's Daughter products! I have discovered my hair cannot take cones at all so my natural products have finally enabled my hair to retain moisture. I still use my Keracare Humecto and ORS Replenishing pack but that's because I will be washing them right back out. For leave-in/daily moisture, it's CD all the way!!

I love the Hair Milk for daily moisture, Hair Butter for heavy moisture/leave-in after I wash and the Tui Hair Oil. Those are my everyday staple products and the don't really weigh me down.

I also use glyceryn with my co-washes to help pull in the moisture.

I am having success with Blended Beauty Products

From Site www.blended-beauty.com
"They contain no petroleum jelly, no irritating chemicals, no silicones, no mineral oil, no alcohol, no parabens, and no carbomer or other plastics or acrylics. Made with natural ingredients, they will not aggravate acne and can actually help heal scalp conditions"

Thanks for the link Deniece...I am really feeling the site :D

I think I may order the Straight Pearl and the Happy Nappy Styles....what products have your ordered so far? Can you go more in detail about your results with the products?

Deniece said:

"They contain no petroleum jelly, no irritating chemicals, no silicones, no mineral oil, no alcohol, no parabens, and no carbomer or other plastics or acrylics. Made with natural ingredients, they will not aggravate acne and can actually help heal scalp conditions"

Hm, these products look good!, and they sell them on a UK, website aswell, yay!, i'll have to look for a revioew, i wouldnt mind using this whole product line...

Deniece said:

Thanks for posting this website! Their products sound great!

brownsugarflyygirl said:
Thanks for the link Deniece...I am really feeling the site :D

I think I may order the Straight Pearl and the Happy Nappy Styles....what products have your ordered so far? Can you go more in detail about your results with the products?

I just got Happy Nappy Styles and have been using it for the past 2 weeks, and it is really good. It's thick and creamy, spreads easily is very moisturizing, and is the only thing I have been using for my twists....I have been doing flat twists/twistouts...and this keeps my hair moisturized and VERY defined. It is the best product I have used so far for moisture and definition all in one. and my hair is not frizzy at the end of the day or after a work out either...Hope this helps..

This is now a staple product for me....

brownsugarflyygirl said:
I want to start using only natural/organic products...I just need a little encouragment from those of you who have reached your hair goals this way...TIA:grin:

Also, do you have any "exception" products that you cant let go of?
Giovanni products...well the vitapro leave in and direct leave in are AWESOME. Try them...
Also AO Ultra smoothing and Honeysuckle rose conditioners

This is from the qhemet site. I love their products too!

Our products do not contain mineral oil, paraffin, lanolin, silicones, drying alcohols, phthalates, formaldehyde donor preservatives, SLS or artifical colorants.

Plus they contain MSM!:)

Hey Brownsugar,
I ordered the sampler for $15 bucks. It included the olive oil and amla heavy cream, which I slapped on this morning. I gotta say, I'm a couple of weeks post and my hair feels so nice and soft. I'm a little afraid to apply it when my hair is down. Seems like it might be too heavy for that. So far, I like the cream.

Good luck on your journey!:)

Back