Overcoming Hair Hypocrisy!

brownsugarflyygirl

I have a confession to make...I am a HYPOCRITE!!

Ladies who use natural/organic/paraben & cone free products please help!! Please tell me your success stories about reaching your hair goals with natural/organic products.....or how you made the switch...and do you have any "exception" products?

Here's my deal:
About a month and a half ago, I completely changed my diet to take a way all of the bad stuff :D : the hydrogenated oils, the highfructose corn syrup, the refined sugars, and the list goes on and on. I have become a certified Whole Foods junkie and Im lovin' it BUT

When it comes to HAIR products its a different STORY...I said I will wait until I achieve my length goals before I start my natural/organic hair products....I guess im afraid natural products may be inferior:eek: I know its bad but I gotta be real to overcome this...PLEASE HELP!

I am still finding my regimen and I want to start using the healthier (for my hair and body) products...I just need encouragement...I feel like such a hypocrite :(

Girl, don't feel like a hypocrite... It's not that serious... Don't stress over not using natural hair products.

Anyway, this one girl gave me a bottle of Jason Naturals Biotin shampoo and conditioner and my hair liked these products. I still prefer Creme of Nature Shampoo though. HTH!

I hope your transitioning journey is going good...can't wait to see you completely natural.

Happy Hair Growing!

LOL, gurl u are not a hypocrite. I mean, you won't know how good natural prods are until you try them. I, too and trying to make a huge lifestyle change, and over time that will include all hair care products as well!

Try out a few and see how you like them.
I have some Aubrey's Organics and Qhemet Biologics on order now! If I love them i will definitely PM you and recommend!

Thanks ladies...you make me feel like I am taking myself too seriously...which I probably am...thanks for the responses...I picked up some Aubreys Organics Swimmers Shampoo and am trying it for the first time...I have my condish on right now so we will see how it goes :perplexed

I still use giovanni's magnetic line but right now Aloe 80 organics aloe, lemon & rosemary daily shampoo is my fav shampoo:
http://www.lifesvigor.com/prod/56980/index.htm

I got it at gnc, with 20% off the 8.49 price because of my discount there. I picked it up on a whim, so I am going to try to find a lower price locally. I also want to try the conditioner.

Ingredients:
Certified Organic Aloe Vera Gel,
Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate and Aloe Vera Gel, Cocamidopropyl Betaine and Aloe Vera gel, Cocamide MEA, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Certified Organice AloeSorb, Lemon (Citrus Medica Limonum) Peel Oil, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Sodium Hydroxymethlglycinate, Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf) Oil, Sodium Cocoly Apple Amino Acids, Tetrasodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, DL Panthenol (Vitamin B5), L-Lysine HCI, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E).
\
No parabens, atrificial colors or synthetic fragrances.
Made with pure, organic aloe vera & polysaccharide-rich AloeSorb.

It smells like rosemary, which I dont really care for, but my hair comes out soft and it lathers well.

I havent tried the AO swimmers shampoo, but I didnt care for the other AO shampoos I've tried, they made my hair hard. I love their conditioners tho. Jason's shaman line has a shampoo I like, and most of the giovanni shampoos are ok too.

Thanks...I will definitely be checking out the Giovanni and Jason lines...just FYI the AO Swimmers went well...I followed it with Mizani Moisturefusse though...but hey one step at a time :D At least thats progress...

Back