natural looking half wigs 101

MaryJane3000

Hi Ladies!!

I'm transitioning and me and my hair aren't the best of friends right now, so I'm considering the Lady Pianolo challenge where they use half wigs as a PS. My only thing is I want a wig that's going to look as natural as possible. Can you ladies post pictures of you and your half wigs, or your favorite wigs by themselves so we can all see the different styles? I find that when I order them online they never look the same when I get them. I'm obviously a newbie in the game but I'm sure there's a lot of pros out there that are full of advice.

Please include tips and other necessary products you think one should have when wearing half wigs.

Thanks Ladies!!

Keen

I used to love my half wigs. However after two years of using them, my edges were starting to show stressed. I started using human hair lace fronts and I'm never going back to half wigs.

When I used to wear them, I find that the online prices are usually similar to the stores. You can try them out at the stores. It helps to find a brand that you like. Start with the cheaper brands (synthetic) and work your way up to the better once. You don't want to waste a lot of money trying out hair you won't like anyway. Eventually you will learn what you like then you can start buying the better ones.

JJamiah

^^^ Well said!

I didn't get any thinning from Half wigs but the combs began to make my scalp even more tender than it already is.

I went Lace and never looked back.

JJamiah

so lace fronts are the way to go?

I think they all have their place.

I just prefer all my hair to be up and protected.

Yet, my new regimen will have my hair out 9-10 days in the month and I will utilize my half wigs already in my stash.

With anything you use you have to re evaluate your needs often. If you seen issues about; automatically go into protective mode. I grease my edges often and moisturize them so they don't break and get dried out.

JJamiah

I have to say Keen is right. I have lots of Human Hair wigs now, the quality and styling option is awesome. They even have HH halfies now. So that is also and option.

Personally I call it beat up hair. I can curl it, Flat Iron it. Abuse it but still care for it as I would my own because with the prices of them, they are investments.

I love wigging weather it be Half Wig, Lace Front wig, WIG WIG, or Phony Pony, I am happy they exist. LOL

KurlyNinja

LaJay Half Wig by Vanessa. I'm transitioning.

I have more pics in my fotki. HHG!

fancypants007

Hi Ladies!!

I'm transitioning and me and my hair aren't the best of friends right now, so I'm considering the Lady Pianolo challenge where they use half wigs as a PS. My only thing is I want a wig that's going to look as natural as possible. Can you ladies post pictures of you and your half wigs, or your favorite wigs by themselves so we can all see the different styles? I find that when I order them online they never look the same when I get them. I'm obviously a newbie in the game but I'm sure there's a lot of pros out there that are full of advice.

Please include tips and other necessary products you think one should have when wearing half wigs.

Thanks Ladies!!

I am on Lady Paniolo challenge and I love half wigs. I use to wear full wigs but it was hard fitting my hair under the wigs and I did experience a little breakage in the front. I love half wigs because I plait my hair and I let some of the plaits/braids show in front. I remove the combs from my half wig and I attach it with goody hair pins/bobby pins and it works perfect for me. I don't feel any pressure/tightness because of wearing the half wig and it blends in very nicely with my own hair. I just attach a headband and I'm good to go. I personally love half wigs.

nikolite

so lace fronts are the way to go?

I started out really liking half wigs, but they take a lot of work sometimes to blend your hair with. I only like them if I am wearing a headband to cover the edge of the wig. I think lace fronts are much better now, since you can protect your entire head and don't have to deal with anything but just slapping on over some cornrows and going. If you want a natural looking wig, try ones that have hair coming into the face or bangs so you won't feel self-conscious about the edges.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
You can't get more natural-looking than a Vanessa half-wig.. I used mine to a fault... folks couldn't believe it wasn't my real hair. :yep: