Natural Hair

yellagirl730

When doing a wash n go can you apply coconut oil. I normally just use a leave in and Fantasia IC gel, but am curious about throwing coconut oil in the mux, Will it make it oily and when would you apply it? I'm thinking before the gel and after the leave in.

Qetesh

you can do whatever u want to to your hair in whatever order.

i usually put oil in my hair when its still wet and for me it absorbs it more. see my fotki i recently did caster oil and beyond the zone noodlehead as a wash and go. it came out very well. I dont use gels on my hair because i find them too drying

i dont use coconut oil on my hair mostly because its a solid at room temp and i have good results with other oils.

yellagirl730

you can do whatever u want to to your hair in whatever order.

i usually put oil in my hair when its still wet and for me it absorbs it more. see my fotki i recently did caster oil and beyond the zone noodlehead as a wash and go. it came out very well. I dont use gels on my hair because i find them too drying

i dont use coconut oil on my hair mostly because its a solid at room temp and i have good results with other oils.

Well i use Fantasia ic gel, it has no alcohol, so its not drying or I have not found it to be. Thanks for your response.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I've never used coconut oil for a wash n go, but I'm sure you can. I don't do wash n gos anymore, but when I did, I use World of Curls Activator and Aussie Moist Conditioner.

Casarela

I use Fantasia IC Gel Aloe Vera one on a daily basis because it defines pretty well every single curls on my head. Also, I found that I cannot mix it with certain products such as coconut oil ...If I do I end up with white residues. I also found that my hair hates coconut oil on its own. It leaves my hair really greasy and weird . However when I whip shea butter + a bit of coconut oil + sweet almond oil ...its becomes like a light cream and my hair actually like it its very moisturizing but I would never use it for a wash and go I use it only if my hair is brillopad dry . IMHO, if you find a product that works for your hair such as Fantasia IC and thats doesnt harm your hair...stick with it because sometimes when we try too much things we tend to forget what works and what doesnt.

Hope I helped,

Casarela

cottoncoily

I recently started using coconut oil for my wash and gos. I leave some conditioner on my hair and then seal it with coconut oil. So far no adverse affects so I say go for it :yep:

oooop2

I co-wash with Denvergirls mix. I then lightly dry my hair and apply some Pantene leave in condish. I tend apply a mix of Vatika oil and unrefined shea. Next I place here in a pony and apply my IC gel along my hairline for a smoother look.