Natural hair girls please help my friend

Hi guys my friend with 3c natural hair asked me to post this question for her

I have a funny texture hair its very thick, very wavy and very curly, recently i cut it and now i am trying to grow it back out to its old length which was past my shoulders...what should i do and what products should i use to achieve my maximum growth

pookeylou

Sounds like she has great hair.

The simplest regimin is the best:

Condition wash with a humectant type conditioner will keep the hair moist and soft.

Carefully detangle (with it short, she has it easier still).

I twist with shea butter which makes my hair super soft.

I stay away from heat and products with alchohol in them.

Treat it kindly and it will repay you.

NaturalRox

Pookey's advice sounds good! I'd like to add:

-If you need to comb your hair, only comb when wet.

-Treat your hair with regular (weekly or bi-weekly) deep conditions. I recommend a honey/extra virgin olive oil treatment (2 TBSP EVOO & 1 TBSP of honey applied to the hair; cover with cap and let it sit for at least 1/2 hour or use with a heat cap for 15 minutes). You can also use your favorite deep conditioning product in the same way.

-At night cover your hair with a satin scarf to prevent moisture from being lost and unnecessary friction which leads to breakage.

-Keep a spritz on hand for when your hair gets "thirsty". Many naturals find that their hair loves moisture!

Good luck! Any other recommendations ladies?

NubianAngel

Don't rely on styles that work AGAINST your natural texture on a daily basis. Work with the curl

DahomeyAmazon

My advice is to only comb your hair out under the shower stream w/ a wide tooth comb. If you can't conditioner wash because of an oily scalp (like me), use a good gentle conditioning shampoo (like CON or Elucence moisture benefits). Use some sort of leave-in conditioner on your hair daily. Keep a bottle of pantene conditioner available for those days when you have to comb through monster tangles. Also, if you live in a humid area a curl activator may help keep your hair soft, many of the ladies here swear by s-curl no drip spray. good luck.