NATURAL GELS

silenttullip

Okay so I rediscovered something... Don't laugh... I think I'm going to start wearing drawstring ponytails like when I was transitioning "unintentionally" lol. BUT I need a coneless gel that will hold back some 4b/4c ish curls I'm not worried about my 3c part that much that's the front. So any recommendations of gels that don't contain cones or too many yucky ingredients.

I need it to provide:
maximum hold
pretty good shine
NO ITCHYNESS OR FLAKING
In other words I want to be able to have a slicked back wet look the shine like laura winslow use to have when she chopped of her hair.

Thanks in advance ladies

You could try Aloe Vera gel on wet hair. Then use a scarf for about 20 mins to help lay your hair flat. The gel is just 100% aloe vera, so no cones or other ingredients.

Many naturals swear by IC Fantasia styling gel. I'm not sure if it's cone-free but since many naturals are anti-cones and use it anyway, I would presume it's safe enough.

HTH.

Fantasia gel with sparklites is popular, it has a cone but it water soluble.

I know you asked for gels, but the best thing that smooths my hair back and gives it shine is almond glaze from Hairveda. I have very coarse hair though.

Back