nail growth = hair growth?

coolsista-paris

ok my question may be stupid BUT i'll ask anyway.

Usually i take wheat germ as a supplement. By laziness i stopped like 3 weeks ago.

i realized that my nails have grown so fast and don't break easily anymore. my legs= i have to shave them more often. whats going on??

so i was asking myslef, if my nails and body hair grow like this all of a sudden, is it also happening to the hair without me knowing?

is nail growth a certain way to check out whats going on with the rest?

sensi sweetie

I noticed the same thing when I use to take biotin...Past tense cuz it broke me out like crazy so i had to stop.

but in all honesty I think it DID help aid my hair growth and restored my crown area after a month or two (apparently anesthesia+oral surgery= hairloss for this chick:( Plus the way I use to treat my hair didn't help either...)

So anyways, its not a miracle worker but I am a believer! I think the growing nails is kinda like proof that your body is benefiting from the supplement

Last edited:

afrocentric_soul

I am not sure about that. I take hair, skin, and nails vitamins with biotin. My nails are extremely long and healthy, but I've never suffered in that department... My hair, on the other hand, definitely not. But maybe my issue is retention and not growth because I do have new growth...

kizzylonghair

I take a few supplements, protein, hair, skin & nails tablet, Biotin, Omega Oils, MSM(had to stop broke me out I think).
Hair & Nails are one of visual signs that they are working, The body will take the nutrients it needs and only the extra stuff turns into hair & nails.

My nails are all about once inch in length :grin: and the key for me is that they are STRONG and I have retained them for months. I get so many compliments.

I am certainly feeling the same effect on my hair, although I cant really see. I have never had so much newgrowth at 9 weeks and it has come in soft and curly, my hair feels generally stronger to, but thats down to what I do on the outside too.

sweetlaughter

i read somewhere that nails and hair are the last things to get nutrients so i guess if the nails are growing then the hair is too?

FlawedBeauty

man, if my hair grew as fast as my nails my hair would be down to my ankles!!! my nails grow wicked fast, my hair is just average. :(

jcdlox

I just started getting consistent with my hair/skin/nail vitamins (although I still don't get in 3 every day). My nails are growing but I can't really tell about my hair yet, but the nails are encouraging.​

nikolite

IME, definitely not.

I've always had nails that grew super long and super fast. People always think they are fake. My hair, on the other hand, I don't think grows nearly as fast as my nails. And even if it does, my nails are really strong and never break but my fine hair clearly does.

UrbainChic

Hair and nails are made up of the same "materials", usually the health and growth of one indicates the health and growth of the other. Only thing I can think up that can put them on different tracks is fungal infections ( and yes you can get fungal infections on your head) In general though they are the same substance and are usually growing at the same rate and have similar health. Of course how you treat them after your cells have produced them obviously affects what you see.

Think of if you did the things to your nails that were bad for them-- soak them in chemicals, use them to dig, burn them with irons, scratch them against pavement.... it would not matter how healthy you were and what your body produced, your nails would look jacked up.

Same concept for hair. SO if your nails are growing well and you don't abuse your hands, in all likelihood your hair is growing well also. If you don't see the growth and or health retained, its best to evaluate your regimen and look for where you could be hurting your retention.

coolsista-paris

hey i came back to thank all of you for your answers!! thanks. im trynna be careful with everything now..body, nails , HAIR HAIR HAIR!