My youngest sister died yesterday

HWAY

My sister died suddenly at the age of 37. My mom was with her in the ER. My parents are in shock. I have never lost a close relative to death, but as the oldest child, I had to step up to the plate. My heart is hurting. Please pray for my family, but especially my parents and my nephew.

O Precious,

My heart dropped when I read the title of your post.

Please know that I too will be praying for you and your family.

"Blessed are they that mourn, for they shall be comforted."

May The Comforter, The sweet Holy Spirit, heal the broken hearts of you and your family, In the Name of Jesus. Amen.

Last edited:

topsyturvy86

I'm sooo sorry for your loss hway. From the bottom of my heart, I am. I will be praying for you and your family. May the peace of God that surpasses all understanding fill your home this time. In Jesus's name. Amen.

Prudent1

HWAY,
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. :rosebud: I lost my brother a few years ago and it was suddenly too. At the time I could not see the hand of God in the 'suddenly' we found ourselves experiencing. I posted this prayer for you. I will be praying for all of you. Praying for everyone's joy to be full and for eveyone's emotional healing to take place.
:bighug:
Prudent1

Prayer for a Person Who is Grieving Over the Loss of a Loved One
Please help me in this time of loss of _____________. I seem to be frozen with this overwhelming grief. I don't understand why my life is filled with this pain and heartache. But I turn my eyes to you as I seek to find the strength to trust in your faithfulness. You, Lord are a God of comfort and love and I ask You to help me to patiently wait on you and not despair; I will quietly wait for your salvation. My heart is crushed, but I know that you will not abandon me forever. Please show me your compassion, Lord. Help me through the pain so that I will hope in you again. I believe the promise in your Word to send me fresh mercy each day. Though I can't see past today, I trust your love will never fail me.
Jesus, You came to heal the brokenhearted and my heart is broken today Lord, and only you can heal my sorrow over losing ________. I ask You, Lord to comfort me because You love me and have promised me everlasting consolation and hope through Your grace.
Blessed be to God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforts me in all my tribulations, that I may be protected from any trouble and hurt as I walk with You, Lord, through the grief of losing _____________.
In Jesus Name I pray. Amen

nikz24

Oh my, I'm so sorry for your loss. I will pray for you and your family. Just be strong and look to God.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
:kiss: Precious HWY, I'm so sorry. I can only imagine how much you and your family are hurting right now. My heart and prayers are with you, dear one. :Rose:

honeycomb719

Im so sorry for your lost. Losing a sibling is a raw deal. I lost my lil brother Dec 24. so I can truly sympathize. Your family is in my prayers.

gn1g

Oh Lord, help this sister to get thru these trying times. Strengthen her and her entire family, I can't imagine what she is feeling. Lord bless her comfort her and her family keep them close to you.

I'm so sorry for your loss, I will definitely be praying you and your family. God is close to you, draw from Him all that you need.

Wow I am so sorry and you are so strong for stepping up to the plate... I too am the oldest but at 23 I can't imagine having your courage...
I just prayed for you that you will be able to maintain your strength but make sure you take care of your own grief too...
And also, your sister is better off than all of us I am sure she would want you to be happy that she no longer has to suffer in this crazy world...
Stay strong lady you're a great role model to these ladies on here.