my very first picture - Peachtree's fault!!

KinksnCurlz

Re: my very first picture - Peachtree\'s fault!!

Your hair looks lovely in that style... it really suits you. Just one question tho, can you make it bigger?

Chipmunk

Oooh I love that hairstyle. For this style you used regular perm rods?

dstdiva

now why did it work for one and not the other?

look again. i added one more picture and cropped it. which one looks better?

dstdiva

[ QUOTE ]
Oooh I love that hairstyle. For this style you used regular perm rods?

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks chipmunk! i used the flexirods (blue and a couple of red).

dstdiva

[ QUOTE ]
It says that it is empty.

[/ QUOTE ]

can you see it now?

Crysdon

You did that yourself?

If so, please give instructions (step-by-step please). It looks nice and professional. I like it on you.

Chipmunk

I had to sign into my yahoo account in order to see it.

That was done w/flexi rods...hmmm. I like, one day I might get the nerve to try that style (i am all thumbs when it comes to styling)

dstdiva

[ QUOTE ]
You did that yourself?

If so, please give instructions (step-by-step please). It looks nice and professional. I like it on you.

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you!! i owe it all to <font color="red">caramella </font>. she has detailed instructions (with photos) at:

http://www.blackhairmedia.com/hairhowto.htm

peachtree had to fight me
to get me to post the pics. i was like, "i don't think anyone will be all that impressed."

dstdiva

thanks yall! sweet nic, my hair isn't that long at all...it's bout to the very top of my back and almost to the shoulders on the side.

Scasey

DSTDIVA,
Your hair looks very healthy, I love the curls. I assume that you are a DELTA and I wouldn't expect less from a soror :)

sweetcocoa

[ QUOTE ]

peachtree had to fight me
to get me to post the pics. i was like, "i don't think anyone will be all that impressed."

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm very impressed. I could never get my rods sets to look like that. Very nice indeed...

Peachtree

OMG, u finally posted it
!

Awww Dstdiva, so it's like that, huh? My fault, eh? Alright, I'll gratefully accept the blame
! I just wanted the other ladies to see what I had the pleasure of seeing...your beautiful head of hair

Ladies, I viewed the "cropped" pics too. Yet for some reason, the image is much smaller than the image dstdiva first showed me. But anyways, in the "larger" pics, u can see her hair up close &amp; very clearly.... Her hair is soooo beautiful in that pic. There is not 1 strand of hair out of place!!! The rods are very defined (spiral), lustruous, &amp; just plain gorgeous!! Can't y'all tell I loved dstdiva's pic
! Girl, u did an awesome job with your hair

I totally agree with Crysdon.... Luv, hurry &amp; post your step by step instructions...

dstdiva

[ QUOTE ]
DSTDIVA,
Your hair looks very healthy, I love the curls. I assume that you are a DELTA and I wouldn't expect less from a soror :)

[/ QUOTE ]

my hair is now healthy....thanks to the ladies on this board and all of the advice (in about 2 months!). i went cold-turkey on the direct heat and switched products and started wearing a bonnet...so much that i was doing wrong.
So THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU...EVERYONE!

dstdiva

[ QUOTE ]
DSTDIVA,

[/ QUOTE ]

oh yeah, OOO-OOOP to my soror!

dstdiva

well, like i said, caramella's instructions helped me, but here is how i do it:

1. do all the stuff that goes with washing your hair.
2. i usually add a little pantene to my hair and leave it in.
3. spray hair with a mixture of lottabody and lots of water (approx. 1 part lottabody to 6 parts water).
4. choose the direction that you want your curls to go in. for example, i have a slightly off-center part. one side of the part (my starting side), i roll going towards the back. i follow that all around my head so that the curls on the other side end up coming towards the front. get it?

5. i part a section of hair, put some oil or mango butter on it, and then starting from mid-rod, i roll the rod up the hair. when i reach my scalp, i fold the top of the rod opposite of the direction that i am rolling in. confused? what i mean is this: if you are rolling towards the back of your head, fold the remaining top part of the rod going towards the front. THAT is what makes the rod stay in. (took me forever to get that)

6. i usually do 3 rows on each side of my head and about 4 or 5 in the back. the top ends up being about 3 or 4 rows.

7. i let mine airdry...so i just go to

8. in the morning, i put a little oil on my scalp in the parts and remove the rods. i put a little mango butter on my hair. i then separate each curl, making it 2 or 3.

extra tips:

-keep hair wet, wet, wet! keep a spray bottle handy.
-either use rolling papers OR for the first couple of turns let the hair cover itself so that the end is covered by hair...does that make any sense?

Peachtree

OK, got it
. I remember Caramela's ..... her's was sooo beautiful
. I'm still air drying in braids / twists, but I wanna start using my rods soon... shoot, maybe I'll use my rods on the next wash.... we'll see

TwistNMx

Your pictures look great

Looks like you've achieved a new look for yourself.

KinksnCurlz

I felt i should BUMP this b/c these instructions were SOOO on point

dstdiva

did you try it CH? where are your pics? i told you it was easy.

KinksnCurlz

I actually did BUT i went to a salon (i don't have patience) and i posted pics of it 2

SherryLove

Your rods are gorgeous.....I can see why PeachTree wanted you to post them.....