My summer DO!

naturalgurl

I got me some corn rows y'all!:grin:

Ready for the summer! WOO HOO! Who else has began a summer challenge??? This is mine, corn rows until September. Let the growing continue!!!!

ETA- The girl that braided my hair was saying that she's going to go natural too now and her cousin that was there said the same thing. They were IN LOVE with my hair. I was blushing the whole time!

Last edited:
Beautiful! How long did it take for her to do those? How often will you wash? How much did she charge? How often will you get them redone? So many questions.:grin:

Very nice! I started a summer challenge. I'm on that twisting challenge.

Did you flat iron or blow out your hair first? The cornrows came out really smooth!

Lys

WOW, so many questions.
The front can be seen in my fotki. I made sure she was gentle on the hair line.

I will get them done every week. I wet my hair daily and I don't think they'll last more than a week.

She only charged me $15! Can you believe that??? She's a sister of a this lady I work with. She's like 20 and just hanging out for the summer at her sisters.

I'm on a no heat diet so I just DC'ed with coconut milk, honey and EVOO the night before. I rinsed and wore a wet bun. My hair was still damp when she braided me up.

It took her only an hour and a half. I still plan on rinsing them everyday. I use all natural so no build up.

I got me some corn rows y'all!:grin:

Ready for the summer! WOO HOO! Who else has began a summer challenge??? This is mine, corn rows until September. Let the growing continue!!!!

ETA- The girl that braided my hair was saying that she's going to go natural too now and her cousin that was there said the same thing. They were IN LOVE with my hair. I was blushing the whole time!

JO!!!! you look fabuous!!!!

Big hugs & Kisses!

GIRL YA HAIR IS BEAUTIFUL THATS WHAT I'M DOING FOR A YEAR STRAIGHT WITH 2 WEEK BREAKS IN BETWEEN HERE I COME FULL APL IN MAY 2009 CAN'T WAIT :spinning:

I like the front :grin:. I want to get a side part for mine too. I'm hoping they will last 2-3 wks though, b/c the girl I'm going to is charging $55. I think I will leave them in for 2 wks - if they're good Í'll leave them for a 3rd week - then take down, 'Shampoo, DC, and get it redone.

I don't rinse everyday, but I'm hoping that sleeping in a scarf and trying it down while damp will keep the frizzies at bay.

Can you put the back in a pony or bun if you like?

Back