Has anybody ever...

SparklingFlame

washed thier hair while in cornrows? I have washed it while my hair was in individual dookie plaits (like 7-10) and it worked great, but I am not sure if I can do it w/ corn row. I ask because I corn rowed my hair the other day and I don't want to take it out to wash it. I have now decided I will only wash my hair while its braided up (easier than braiding and detangling while wet) and I just wanted to know if I can leave these rows in and wash it, then take them out after it dries for a funky braid out. TIA!

When I was little my mom used to wash my hair with the cornrows in. She put a stocking cap over my hair so that the cornrows wouldn't get frizzy while she washed it. Yes, it is a lot less work not having to detangle!

I've done it back in the day when I was natural and would wear individual platts (No extensions added), I think it would work the same, just dillute the poo w/water makes removing the poo easier.

I washed and conditioned my braids and cornrows all of the time with no problems. Also, it help to use light weight conditioner that is easier to apply and rinse. You rinse extra well between parts to remove any build-up. :)

Back