What's hot in the Streets in weave?

CarefreeinChicago

I want a summer weave or lacefront. The last weave I had was Goddess Remi Bump and Goddess Remi Bump wig. I like the hair but find if it touches your shoulders it tends to tangle.

So what brands are you loving now? Curly Straight Kinky I just want quality hair.

(I have to protective style due to the BKT nightmare)

TIA

CurlsBazillion

I'm tying to get my hands on some oync mongolian kinky curly or a full lace wig named kyra from ruth's beauty shop, thats whats hot in my streets.

isawstars

I don't know much about this topic... but I just wanna say that I love the title of this thread lol. :grin:

ms.blue

The popular hair types for the summer is brazilian and peruvian (99.99% out there is not real bazilian nor peruvian), the textures are wavy, wavy/curly or curly.

ThatJerseyGirl

in my opinion, if you want some good quality hair, www.extensions-plus.com. i have the zig zag curly. have used the same hair over and over. love it. never tangles or sheds. i just put a little mixed chicks in it and keep it movin. worth the investment.

CarefreeinChicago

in my opinion, if you want some good quality hair, www.extensions-plus.com. i have the zig zag curly. have used the same hair over and over. love it. never tangles or sheds. i just put a little mixed chicks in it and keep it movin. worth the investment.

This is where my mom's gets her's from it's nice hair, I think she just has a bad installer.

toinette

Tricking the president
I've heard good things about Senghori Shells hair and its said to be more affordable than other brands

*SkolarStar*

What you need to do is head over to bhm for the weave insight. Those ladies sure do know their stuff.

But I'd love to get a couple bundles of mongolian kinky curly at about 18" for the summer. (Even though I just bought some malaysian kinky straight but that's beside the point because I want a closure.) The hair Solange had at the Met Ball is what I want but not so thick and more afro kinky curl.

EbonyCPrincess

I really like Indique, I'm thinking about getting some Senghori Shells though - quite a bit cheaper and I know several ppl online and off that love it.

Dposh167

I got some bohyme brazilian hair at my local BSS. its a kinky curly weave. I LOOOOOOOOOOVEEEEEEEE IIT

Nayna

Unbothered
I have Senghori's natural rhythms installed right now. I resembles my hair blowdried. I love this hair.

TopShelf

Sewing & Growing Gamma Gal
Bohyme Brazilian all Summer. I've loved that hair since 2008

poochie167 where did you get it in NYC and was it the orginal hair? I'll be in NY this weekend and plan on buying two packs as soon as I get off the train. Problem is that I know that they started changing the formula last year and I need the original

chickory_bee

I'm with the ladies that are on that ONYC Mongolian Kinky Curly. Best by far. I was going to branch out, but I'll stick to what I know!

Dposh167

Bohyme Brazilian all Summer. I've loved that hair since 2008

@poochie167 where did you get it in NYC and was it the orginal hair? I'll be in NY this weekend and plan on buying two packs as soon as I get off the train. Problem is that I know that they started changing the formula last year and I need the original

TopShelf
yes I believe i got a good pack. Well i must have since it didn't do any of the things i heard the bad batches were doing. I bought mine in queens cuz it was cheaper than manhattan. I bought it at a store along jamaica ave.

ThatJerseyGirl

This is where my mom's gets her's from it's nice hair, I think she just has a bad installer.

kinchen - when you invest in hair from them, you have to invest in a good stylist who is familiar with that kind of hair and is knowledeable in installing it. The hair cost too much to just let anyboy put it in.

Does she have the zigzag curly? That hair is the truth....its all i use. I have bags of it so when i feel like putting it back in(when i give my hair a good break) i just whip it out with no problems.

CarefreeinChicago

kinchen - when you invest in hair from them, you have to invest in a good stylist who is familiar with that kind of hair and is knowledeable in installing it. The hair cost too much to just let anyboy put it in.

Does she have the zigzag curly? That hair is the truth....its all i use. I have bags of it so when i feel like putting it back in(when i give my hair a good break) i just whip it out with no problems.

I will have to ask her what kind she has. I would never let that old lady touch my head lol.

TokyoReina

I want big and curly for the summer. With a matching closure. I want a kinky deep curl but I might be asking for too much.

RegaLady

@kinchen - when you invest in hair from them, you have to invest in a good stylist who is familiar with that kind of hair and is knowledeable in installing it. The hair cost too much to just let anyboy put it in.

YES! I have a stash of extension plus relaxed texture. To ME, its the best hair hands down. The quality is amazing. I remember my first stash I let some lady sew it in and she cut all the tracks:nono:. I had to reorder more and go to another hair stylist who did an excellent job. Yeah IA, the hair is too good to let anybody put it in.

iri9109

i love bohyme brazilian...its expensive for bss hair and does shed, but its the most beautiful hair i have ever used/seen.

my friend got a good connect so i plan on getting my hands on a few bundles of brazilian curly this summer.

blackbarbie986

*SkolarStar* whats the difference between mongolian and malaysian KS? I'm trying to finid a good KS that will blend with my 4a/b hair. I was going to order for hairesthetic but I saw theres was Indian and didnt think it would be the best to blend with mine when I flat iron.

*SkolarStar*

blackbarbie986 I haven't had both malaysian and mongolian so I can't say anything from person experience about the difference. But I have had malaysian and chinese. Malaysian's hair shaft is much thinner. It can also hold a better curl than chinese. In comparison to indian hair it's a bit thicker.

Look at the textures by bm site at her mongolian ks, it looks more coarse than the malaysian ks I have right now. If that's what you're looking for.

I found this info about the difference between mongolian and malaysian.
Malaysian hair is shinier and thicker than Mongolian hair.
Mongolian hair is almost like indian hair in term of thickness but it is straighter (according to doubleleafwig, Indian is indeed thinner than mongo). Indian holds a curl better (even though I now can have long lasting curls with any texture).
Both are good for straight and curly hair. But personally, I would use malay for curlies because of the shine and thickness (curls can look dry sometimes so it covers that issue better). Mongolian for straight because of how flowy it is.