My Self trimming/Hair Cutting Video

Tickin4Gold

Recently I posted a thread asking you ladies if I should cut off my thinning relaxed ends, well. I took your advice in stride and I cut off 3" even though I need to cut 6". I recorded the whole thing, and posted the videos on youtube.
I always cut my hair myself, and this is the only method that works for me.
Check out the videos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw76mmh4o8Y
&
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM3MWPGc72Q

PS. I am new to youtube and I don't normally put myself out there like this but it's a new year.

Anyway, let me know what you think. I hope some of you find it helpful.

Thanks for sharing. This looks like a easy way to make sure the hair is even after cutting.

It does come out very even. You can always trim and even up a bit more afterwards but I never need to. This works for me and I never have to bother DH to help me trim anymore.

Great method. Your hair looks great. I plan to do the same thing yo my scraggly ends once I reach APL. I guess I'll only be APL for a hot minute.

Nice videos! I used this technique to mini chop... but I still wanted my layers so I pulled my hair up in a ponytail and did the same thing. It came out pretty good! :yep: (LOVED the relaxer separation vid!!!!)

Nice videos! I used this technique to mini chop... but I still wanted my layers so I pulled my hair up in a ponytail and did the same thing. It came out pretty good! :yep: (LOVED the relaxer separation vid!!!!)

About the layers- yeah, you can do that too, you can make a higher ponytail for layers. I didn't want any layers though. Don't laugh, but I actually used to cut my barbies hair like this when I was little (a long time ago).

Thanks about the vids. I tend to go overboard on the sectioning pre-relaxer. But that's the only way I can relax. I will post the other videos in the relaxer series when I get a chance.

This is a really good idea, and you did a very good job of trimming AND explaining your method along the way.

Interestingly, I do something similar to trim my hair. First, I part it in the middle and trim in small portions along the sides up to just past my ear using a rattail comb, making sure to measure the evenness of each portion in relation to the hair I just trimmed and the hair on the other side. Then, for the back, I put it in a loose, somewhat flattened ponytail just as you did and trim from there.

nice videos. I enjoy silent videos with text. it's much better than listening to random music.

your braidout was really pretty. I'm gonna try that and your trim method soon.

I went to your site too. nice :yep:

This is a really good idea, and you did a very good job of trimming AND explaining your method along the way.

Interestingly, I do something similar to trim my hair. First, I part it in the middle and trim in small portions along the sides up to just past my ear using a rattail comb, making sure to measure the evenness of each portion in relation to the hair I just trimmed and the hair on the other side. Then, for the back, I put it in a loose, somewhat flattened ponytail just as you did and trim from there.
Thanks PJaye. Your method sounds good too, I like that idea. I can't cut hair straight for the life of me thought. If I tried to free-hand cut, I just know one side would end up being longer than the next :ohwell:. I am just challenged that way :blush: that's why I put all of my hair in the ponytail.

nice videos. I enjoy silent videos with text. it's much better than listening to random music.

your braidout was really pretty. I'm gonna try that and your trim method soon.

I went to your site too. nice :yep:

finewine83, thanks for being kind about my vidoes. I try to say as little as possible in my vids because it always sounds like I am blabbering- best to just type the words.
Good luck with both the trim and the braidout. I would really like to see some pics when you try :)

I love your hair as well as the tutorials! You've inspired me to self trim, thank you!:grin:

I am subscribing so that I can watch. You did a fabulous job, it looks perfect!! I don't want to go to stylist because no matter what I ask them to do, they just do what they want. I'm never happy.

I love your hair as well as the tutorials! You've inspired me to self trim, thank you!:grin:
No problem. I am glad I could inspire you to trim. Trust me, you wont regret it. My hair get less tangled since the cut. Just don't trim too much at once. You can do 0.5 - 1 inch at a time just to test it out. I've had some practice at cutting my hair like this, so I cut all 3 inches at once.

I am subscribing so that I can watch. You did a fabulous job, it looks perfect!! I don't want to go to stylist because no matter what I ask them to do, they just do what they want. I'm never happy.
Thanks for subscribing. I've never had good relationships with hairdressers - I wouldn't call them stylists. It's easy to cut your own hair, more control that way. :)

Thanks for the video!! It really helped me out, and it was so easy to do!! I feel so much better about my hair now. lol.

Back