My progress so far

my1goodnerve

My progress so far (pics included)

So, I joined LHCF about a year ago and I wanted to share my progress. I'm a natural with fine hair and very little density. I never wear my hair down, but I do straighten it for length and progress checks 3-4 times a year. This first pic was taken soon after I started focusing on hair health. I had joined a 6 month hide your hair challenge and this was the starting pic. The second pic is 4 months into the challenge. The third pic was taken today. I was changing shirts when this one was snapped, so my hair is a little messy, but it shows that I'm at APL, (aren't I?) And, I was trying to hurry so that I didn't sweat out all my hard work. The final pic is a bit more clear, but my hair is already curling up on itself.

Attachments

• 090.jpg
    090.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 105
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0530.jpg
    IMG_0530.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0527.jpg
    IMG_0527.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:

my1goodnerve

And one more quick comparison- my one and only style pre-lhcf was a pony. Here's one fron June 09 and one quick twist from today.

Attachments

• 083.jpg
    083.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0531.jpg
    IMG_0531.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 60

Bettina

This is AWESOME!!! I need your reggie stat! I have fine hair and low density and the retention to me is the kicker. Great Job though! :)

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Wonderful progress, you hair looks fuller and definitely longer. Protective styling is the bizzness :yep:

my1goodnerve

My regi is really simple. I wash once a week with either the WEN knock off from Sally's or a shampoo from MyHoneyChild. I DC under the dryer everytime I wash, alternating between Giovanni Smooth as Silk and Hairveda's Strinillah. I moisturize with the Burdock Root moisturizer from Qhemet and I seal with Jamaican Black Castor Oil in the colder months and Vatika frosting from Hairveda in the warmer months.

I saw and felt a huge difference in my hair when I did away with cones. I only use them now when I use a heat protectant and blowdry/flat iron, and that's only once every 3-4 months.

I wear twists and buns all the time, either wet or after drying/stretching with braids. Even when I wear twists, they are usally up in some kind of bun or clip. I never wear my hair down because of my job. I teach kindergarten, and when I sit down in the little chairs to work with kids indvidually or in small groups, someone is always leaning up against me and inevitably their hands end up in my hair. I don't have the time or patience to fix my hair everytime little hands have been in it, but I can fix a bun or tuck in a twist in seconds.

I rinse or cowash as needed-definitely more often in spring and summer, or when my kindergarteners have sticky hands. I do the two step Aphogee every 3-4 months, and I clarify with Joico's clarifying/chelating shampoo before using the Aphogee.

It sounds like a lot, but I spend more time thinking about hair and hanging out on the boards than actually doing hair-except on the few days that I straighten.

KittyMeowMeow

My regi is really simple. I wash once a week with either the WEN knock off from Sally's or a shampoo from MyHoneyChild. I DC under the dryer everytime I wash, alternating between Giovanni Smooth as Silk and Hairveda's Strinillah. I moisturize with the Burdock Root moisturizer from Qhemet and I seal with Jamaican Black Castor Oil in the colder months and Vatika frosting from Hairveda in the warmer months.

I saw and felt a huge difference in my hair when I did away with cones. I only use them now when I use a heat protectant and blowdry/flat iron, and that's only once every 3-4 months.

I wear twists and buns all the time, either wet or after drying/stretching with braids. Even when I wear twists, they are usally up in some kind of bun or clip. I never wear my hair down because of my job. I teach kindergarten, and when I sit down in the little chairs to work with kids indvidually or in small groups, someone is always leaning up against me and inevitably their hands end up in my hair. I don't have the time or patience to fix my hair everytime little hands have been in it, but I can fix a bun or tuck in a twist in seconds.

I rinse or cowash as needed-definitely more often in spring and summer, or when my kindergarteners have sticky hands. I do the two step Aphogee every 3-4 months, and I clarify with Joico's clarifying/chelating shampoo before using the Aphogee.

It sounds like a lot, but I spend more time thinking about hair and hanging out on the boards than actually doing hair-except on the few days that I straighten.

Thanks so much! I hadn't heard of MyHoneyChild, and I love natural products. The shampoos look amazing!