My positive encounter @ McDonalds

mj11051

So I went in McDonald's this evening I know I know, but I had a craving for a double cheeseburger.
Well I was waiting on my food and a young lady told my [COLOR=#000000! important][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#000000! important][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]hair[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] was very pretty and shiny. I told her thank you and she being to ask questions, I answered them as best I could and gave her a websiteto go to. She had a beautiful head of hair but it was very dry. I gave some tips on how to combat the dryness and she told me "Thank you so much because most people tell me I need a relaxer." That child did not need a relaxer she needed someone to give her some good sound advice as how to wash, condition and moisturize her hair. I told to try co-washing, deep conditioning, moisturize and seal. I gave her my number and told her to call anytime as I love to talk about hair LOL.:grin:

Last edited:

naturalgurl

Well look at you! Girl, all you need is a cape and a pic of a womans silhouette showing off her naps on your chest!:lachen:

That was really nice of you. Some people want to keep info to themselves so they'll be the only one!

JustKiya

That's fabulous! I love it when people are open to teaching and learning - all we need is education! :clap:

C

cieramichele

See, this is why I want a "noob". I want to save someone's hair :sad:

mj11051

Thanks ladies. I really wished I had taken a picture her hair it was so pretty and ddn't need to be relaxed, just some TLC.

mj11051

Thanks, I just hopes she calls me and askmore questions. I'm making her a nice moisturzing butter for her hair.

clever

Well where were you when I was frying my hair and beating it down everyday? j/k thats very sweet of you to help someone out.

mj11051

GF I felt like why give her advice and then when she has more questions, she needed answered I wouldn't be there so I told her take my number and call me if you have any questions. She was very grateful.

SEMO

Well look at you! Girl, all you need is a cape and a pic of a womans silhouette showing off her naps on your chest!:lachen:

That was really nice of you. Some people want to keep info to themselves so they'll be the only one!

Hilarious!! I agree, that was very nice of you.

Stella B.

So I went in McDonald's this evening I know I know, but I had a craving for a double cheeseburger.
Well I was waiting on my food and a young lady told my [COLOR=#000000! important][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#000000! important][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]hair[/FONT][/FONT][/color][/color] was very pretty and shiny. I told her thank you and she being to ask questions, I answered them as best I could and gave her a websiteto go to. She had a beautiful head of hair but it was very dry. I gave some tips on how to combat the dryness and she told me "Thank you so much because most people tell me I need a relaxer." That child did not need a relaxer she needed someone to give her some good sound advice as how to wash, condition and moisturize her hair. I told to try co-washing, deep conditioning, moisturize and seal. I gave her my number and told her to call anytime as I love to talk about hair LOL.:grin:

Teach, mama, teach! :grin: That's why forums like this are so important, so we can learn and share with each other! As an educator, my philosophy has always been to learn as much as you can, and pass it on!! So happy to hear you shared your knowledge today to help someone else!!

Blessed_Angel

Well I was waiting on my food and a young lady told my [COLOR=#000000! important][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#000000! important][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]hair[/FONT][/FONT][/color][/color] was very pretty and shiny. I told her thank you and she being to ask questions, I answered them as best I could and gave her a websiteto go to. She had a beautiful head of hair but it was very dry. I gave some tips on how to combat the dryness and she told me "Thank you so much because most people tell me I need a relaxer." That child did not need a relaxer she needed someone to give her some good sound advice as how to wash, condition and moisturize her hair. I told to try co-washing, deep conditioning, moisturize and seal. I gave her my number and told her to call anytime as I love to talk about hair LOL.:grin:

That was soo kind of you.:clapping: :kiss::kisses: I wish you was my neighbor years ago...I would've been knocking on your door EVERYDAY!! :lachen:

But seriously, I think that is really sweet of you. It's so rare to see a sister trying to help another sister, let alone give a number so that she could call you for help. You may not know how much you've blessed that woman tonight. I bet she found a new hope...and she does NOT need a perm. She just needs people like you to give her help and guidance. She'll be a hair pro in no time.

Stay blessed, MJ :blowkiss:

caribgirl

I agree with the ladies. It must have made you so wonderful helping her and it is even greater that she was inspired with the advice that you gave to her!!!! Thanks for sharing, MJ!

Leeda.the.Paladin

Very nice of you! I only hope I can help someone some day that needs it in that department.

Though I don't think that they would want any butter that I make! :lachen:

mj11051

She called me today and thanked me again and no she didn't know about what I was making. I told her about it and she is very pleased. I explained the great properties of the mixture I'm making for her and please don't ask for the recipe as I'm becoming a mixtress and plan to sell these butters. So I have to keep my recipe to myself. But as soon as I can fix all my legal things I'll have them available to you guys:grin:. I love my hair and that took me a long time to do that and I learn the only way to knowledge is to give it away. I'll help anyone who asks me. My daughter and niece have gone natural and I help them all the time. I love mixing stuff and the things I make I use them as guinea pigs LOL

Last edited:

Eisani

I had to read this again cuz at first glance, all I saw was the bolded:lachen::lachen::lachen:Anyhoo, great job OP. Doesn't it make you feel good, like everything you've attained is so worth it when you can share it w/others?

MizAvalon

That's a good deed you did. I hope she gives you a call and her hair improves.