My New Growth is Weird

Adaj

Hey Ladies,

I think my NG is kind of weird. It feels thicker in some places than in others. For example, my NG is thicker and more visible in the middle of my head, but my edges seem fine. Is this normal? I need NG everywhere!

CORBINS

That is definately normal, especially because we have different textures of hair all over our heads.
Depending on the length of your newgrowth, you must also consider the fact that the edges of your hair grows slower than the top.

~NanCeBoTwin~

Hey Ladies,

I think my NG is kind of weird. It feels thicker in some places than in others. For example, my NG is thicker and more visible in the middle of my head, but my edges seem fine. Is this normal? I need NG everywhere!

I think it's normal.....you could just have different hair types in different areas of your head or it could be something as little as how you use your scarf at night.

You can see the last pic in my siggy my NG is extra thick in the back, however, looking at the front of my hair you'd think it was two different heads. I attribute it to both the different types of hair (3? in front I think/4a/b in back) as well as how I wear my scarf at night.....
Does that make sense, LOL..

Last edited:

Adaj

Sometimes I feel like I don't need a relaxer because I don't have enough NG in the front, but when I get to the middle, it's a different story.

half.cadence

Sometimes I feel like I don't need a relaxer because I don't have enough NG in the front, but when I get to the middle, it's a different story.
Yeah thats the same with my hair. It grows faster in the back and middle.

But iirc thats just cause not all parts on your head have the same growth rate.

Solitude

Perfectly normal. You probably just never noticed before and you are now becoming more "in tune" with your hair.