My hooded dryer broke in half!!!!!!

taylokc

I own a Gold N' Hot hard bonnet hair dryer and last night I had just finish doing my friend's rollerset and I had just unplugged it to put it up and soon as I moved it, it broke....in half!!!!! Ok so this is my second hard hooded dryer. :cry:I had another one (Carol) all through high school that my grandmother bought for me that I hardly ever used (probably why it lasted so long) and as soon as I came to college and began to retire my blow dryer slowly but surely, it broke in half. And then my mom had my current dryer at home that she never used. So I began to use it. Its been a year since I've had it and it broke in half. :cry: Ok I think Im ready to invest more than $50 into a dryer and I've been looking at some that stand up. Im torn between two and I don't know which one to choose. I've posted a link below and I want your opinion ladies.

There are a few dryers on this site: Im looking at the:
Stand Up Hair dryer by Hot Tools $139.95 and
Gold N Hot Stand Hair Dryer $114.95
http://www.hair-dryers.us/Hair-Bonnet-Dryers-1-p-1.html
P.S. I really don't want to spend more than $150 right now.

Which one???!!!?!?!?!? Which one????!?!?!?!?!?:dizzy::dizzy:

poookie

lol @ the title!
i'm sorry, don't mean to laugh :lachen:

check the imperial sales website
http://www.appliancesource.com
, and look for the hot tools dryer there (the 1059). use the discount code xxxxxx", and i think it comes to just under $100 with shipping.

Last edited:

LynnieB

i have the gold n hot (belken) stand. works fine, gets hot as he!! when needbe, plenty of room for a thick head of hair loaded with rollers (mine) - no complaints.

oh yea, one tiny one. the hood and stand can come apart if you try to move it by picking it up by the hood part - should be a big no brainer but :drunk:. other than that..........np.

taylokc

Are both of these dryers big enough for me to use big rollers???? (the purple and grey ones)

chebaby

i have the gold n hot hooded dryer that goes on a table. its good so far but i almost never get the back row of rollers dry:nono:. i was thinking of investing in the stand up dryer thats purple on the plastic part but im torn. thats a lot of money to me

Lucky's Mom

Sorry this happened to you.

Those dryers are just junk!!! I blew through 2 of those things in 5 years........

I hope you can find one on Casters.

I know that the Pibbs may be toooooo much for you - But hey!!!
you can put it on a wish list!

taylokc

Yeah I'll get a Pibbs eventually but I'm still torn between the Hot Tools dryer and the Gold N Hot dryer.

iaec06

I own a Gold N' Hot hard bonnet hair dryer and last night I had just finish doing my friend's rollerset and I had just unplugged it to put it up and soon as I moved it, it broke....in half!!!!! Ok so this is my second hard hooded dryer. :cry:I had another one (Carol) all through high school that my grandmother bought for me that I hardly ever used (probably why it lasted so long) and as soon as I came to college and began to retire my blow dryer slowly but surely, it broke in half. And then my mom had my current dryer at home that she never used. So I began to use it. Its been a year since I've had it and it broke in half. :cry: Ok I think Im ready to invest more than $50 into a dryer and I've been looking at some that stand up. Im torn between two and I don't know which one to choose. I've posted a link below and I want your opinion ladies.

There are a few dryers on this site: Im looking at the:
Stand Up Hair dryer by Hot Tools $139.95 and
Gold N Hot Stand Hair Dryer $114.95
http://www.hair-dryers.us/Hair-Bonnet-Dryers-1-p-1.html
P.S. I really don't want to spend more than $150 right now.

Which one???!!!?!?!?!? Which one????!?!?!?!?!?:dizzy::dizzy:
ok I am mad aswell because some years ago mine ( gold n hot) broke aswell and I was so pissed off because I had just gotten my friend to rollerset my hair . I got another one of a different brand though.

pcRN

I know that this dryer is not on your list, but I purchased the Pro-tools stand up dryer on www.bowmanbeauty.com for 129.99 plus free shipping and no tax. It took only a couple of days to get here and I love it.

taylokc

Im keeping track of all of these wondeful options y'all have given me. OH decisions, decisions, decisions........:hottub:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
lol @ the title!
i'm sorry, don't mean to laugh :lachen:

check the imperial sales website
http://www.appliancesource.com
, and look for the hot tools dryer there (the 1059). use the discount code, and i think it comes to just under $100 with shipping.

:spank: GIRL! You aren't supposed to post that! That code's just for LHCF members, and there's only a set number of dryers that he's offering at the discounted price. That's why the code was pm'ed to everyone, so all of the lurkers won't buy them up before we have a chance

**sorry lurkers :lol: no offense but we can't be havin all of ya'll buyin up all the good stuff :rofl: **

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Forgot to say that I have that Hot Tools dryer and I :love: it! When I rollerset my hair, it only takes an hour to dry completely. It really takes less time than that, but I like to make sure. It can fit big rollers too, I use the gray ones with no problems whatsoever :yep:

The only thing I would change is the settings. It only has two heat settings: low and high. So you're either gonna get cold air or super hot air. I wish there was a ''warm'' option. Other than that, no complaints from me!

poookie

:spank: GIRL! You aren't supposed to post that! That code's just for LHCF members, and there's only a set number of dryers that he's offering at the discounted price. That's why the code was pm'ed to everyone, so all of the lurkers won't buy them up before we have a chance

**sorry lurkers :lol: no offense but we can't be havin all of ya'll buyin up all the good stuff :rofl: **

oops... i found the code from the pibbs deal forum, so i thought it was already public. (i took it off, though!)

it's okay though, the code expired. :grin:

adf23

I agree, loololololl at the title, only because it has happened to me before!!!!

I was sooooo mad. No advice to add, just wanted to laugh :look:

Lady Esquire

The title is too funny.

My table top is my 3rd and last, so I know how cheap those suckers are. A stand-up dryer is definitely a step-up. There are tons of threads to help you with your decision. I have yet to get one myself, but it is on my short list.

Good luck.

Buttercreme

This thread came at the right time!

My table- top hooded dryer of 10+ yrs broke in half also on Sunday during my deep conditioning. It fell off my desk, onto the ground.:perplexed It cost about $20.00 and aint never did me wrong.

Back then I just bought it without thinking twice.

But since joining LHCF, their are too many choices and info.

I"m sad that I have to purchase another one

moonglowdiva

I have a dryer prolly like that and mine is in 2 pieces as well. It had been like that since i got it. I dropped mine. So for 2 years i have had to hold it to use it.:ohwell:

taylokc

Gosh I never realized how sorry these dryers are. I think its really time to step my game up. I've found two more contendersBabyliss Hair Dryer Ionic Rollabout Hat at http://www.discountbeautycenter.com...liss-Hair-Dryer-Ionic-Rollabout-Hat-49081.htm# and the Kwik Dri Hair Dryer at www.sallybeauty.com. The Babyliss dryer is $149.99 (a little out of my price range) and the Kwik Dry from Sally's doesn't show a price so I'll have to go to Sally's tomorrow and get the price. In the meantime, I'm going to do a search for some other threads on the subject.

taylokc

Okay so I've been looking at some of the other threads and some women have really admired the "whirling effect" of the Pibbs. Question: Do any of these dryers I've mentioned so far have that effect. I think Im leaning toward the Pro Tools Stand Dryer on bowmanbeauty.com because it seems like it will cover ALL of the head including the nape. What do y'all think????

taylokc

Okay I've been reading some more threads and I think I'm leaning toward the Kwik at Sally's. SOme women were sayin that the Pro Tools is a fire hazard:burning: Someone actually said that the dryer overheated and melted while they were under the dryer. I think the Pro Tools is O-U-T!!! So what about the Kwik at Sally's ladies???????

poookie

i know pebco dryers had issues with melting and burning, but i didn't know pro-tools dryers also had issues.

taylokc

I think I going to go to Sally's and get the COnair Professional Rollabout. Im going to come back home and check this thread. If I get a good response from you ladies then I'll keep it. If not I may take it back. Its on sale for $99 and the lady at Sally's said that alot of women like it. SO... Im steppin out on faith. Wish me luck:grin::grin:

taylokc

Ok so Im back at home. I went to the BSS just to see what kind of standup dryers they had and they had something called the Hot & Hotter dryer for $129.99. She said she would give me $10 off but then I though about. This is a Korean owned BSS, they don't do refunds or exchanges so if anything went wrong with that dryer I would be up s*** creek and I don't want to take a chance like that with a brand that I've never heard of. THen I went to Sally's and asked to see the COnair Professional. It looked ok and I told her I was considering it and guess what she said that they didn't have anymore. So Im back to square one. Im gonna have to get something online. Im gonna do a live chat with someone at Sallybeauty.com to get the price on the Pibbs Kwik Dri and if that's too expensive then Im gonna have get something else. Wish me luck...AGAIN:look: