My hair LOVES it

CheerBear

Oil that is! All oils! My hair is always the most supple,smooth and soft after I have wet it and massaged various oils in. It is greasy as it dries, but when it does yum yum! On the contrary, when I use creams, my hair gets dingy, coated, hard, etc...all those things that shouldnt describe one's hair...its the same with butters, like mango..my hair loves it. So i think maybe natural products is the way to go for me and I'll only use "synthetic" products for protein....does anyone else have hair that responds best to oil..not oil based and oil based products???

Irresistible

my hair loves all the oils and butters, and when i use water based stuff i have to give my hair some oil with it

Angelicus

I am in love with oils! All of them! Even Winn-Dixie brand vegetable oil!
They all make my hair feel supple.

kitchen_tician

[ QUOTE ]
CheerBear said:
My hair is always the most supple,smooth and soft after I have wet it and massaged various oils in...........On the contrary, when I use creams, my hair gets dingy, coated, hard, etc..... responds best to oil..not oil based products

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes my slick sisters!!!

Oil is great!!! My hair loves it, especially applied wet. Oh yeah, (whisper) let's not forget the grease...sssshhhhhhhhhh.

Butters??? - The jury is still out.

kitchen_tician

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
I love oils too. I just gotta find a way where they dont run down my neck.

[/ QUOTE ]

PB, have you tried using your hands to pat your head to make sure the oil is absorbed. I use oils in a spouty tip bottle which helps control the flow. As I'm applying with one hand, I use the other hand to pat my head so the oil will absorb on the scalp and hair.

Also, try applying oil at night then tying your hair with a scarf. That way you'll have less chance of the oil running.

I hope this helps.

GoingBack

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
I love oils too. I just gotta find a way where they dont run down my neck.

[/ QUOTE ]

That has happened to me a time or two also. Now I apply my oils at night so that they can be absorbed overnight. If I do it in the morning, my face and neck gets really greasy
I think that the fact that it is now summertime and hot outside doesn't help it either. Try using it at night and see how that works out.

inthepink

Same for me - my hair loves oils or any oil-based product...and even butters are great as long as they are pure or an oil-based butter. Products like QP Mango butter are water-based and do nothing for my hair.

nmfsc

My hair loves oils as well. I love to use them on wet hair, especially when the new growth kicks.