My hair is shedding like crAzy!!!

bbdgirl

Ladies I desperately need your help...my hair has been shedding alot for the past two months.
I am 10 weeks post and now my hair is shedding like crazy. I have been odoing protein treatments for the past 2 months because my hair was super spongy and stretchy. My has been feeling so much better since upping the protein.
But back to the issue, my hair is coming out constantly, what could it be...all suggestions will be considered!!! Please help!!

TIA
bbd

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Are you anemic or taking any meds?

You can try taking garlic supps and dc'ing with ORS Pak. That thing works wonders for my shedding!

gn1g

I had that issue once and it took me a couple years to figure out a remedy. My shedding was from stress. Here's a few of the things that help:
shampoo with Nizoral (purchase at wal-mart for $14.00 Derm recommended, and it works)
take 1 garlic pill daily
rinse hair in Nettle tea or coffee or black tea.

HTH

bbdgirl

I might be slightly, at least I was slighty anemic 10 years ago, but I don't get particularly heavy periods if that makes any diff.

trhair

Hi,

I am sorry to hear about the shedding I would agree with the last post r u taking any vitamins? Sometimes if you have a Iron def you will shedd constantly also, I have had protein over load and lost hair by the handfuls. What I did was slow down on the brushing and combing tried my best to deal with my hair gently. I stopped the protein, and switched to a mositurizing conditioner. Also I let my hair air dry and then used heat to style sparingly. This helped unfortunately this all is trial and error. The garlic supplements and flaxseed oil does help. Good luck I hope the shedding stops. Fellow buddy in the growth and retention struggle

Try garlic shampoo and garlic conditioner, or just the conditioner, and one member uses garlic oil on her scalp before she pre-poo, also I have something that might help, I have the same problem as u do, but I haven't had the $$ to buy any garlic stuff......

Stop Your Hair From Shedding with Garlic

You may use garlic to add some "kick" to your favorite meals, but it can do wonders for your hair as well.

Many people panic when they see long strands of hair shedding on their sinks and clothes. However, not all shedding is a reason for alarm. Shedding is a normal part of your hair's natural growth process. Hair grows in 3 phases: growing, resting, and shedding. Each and every hair on your head (and body) will go through these three phases. The hair on your head will grow for years before shedding and being replaced with a new hair. Some shedding is not normal, however, and can cause hair thinning. This type of shedding is usually caused by stress, hormonal issues, or nutritional deficiencies. Many women, for example, will have excessive shedding after child birth or starting/stopping birth control pills. Eventually shedding from stress and hormones will stop over time. But many hairs may be lost during the shedding episode, which can cause hair to seem much thinner.

When garlic is added to your regular conditioner, it can help stop your excessive shedding immediately. To use this natural remedy, simply add crushed garlic to your favorite conditioner and deep condition with it (this means to cover with a plastic cap and use heat for about 20 minutes. ) Fresh garlic cloves are probably best, but some people use a couple teaspoons of garlic powder instead. Try it the next time you have excessive shedding.

Hope this helps......but gn1g's advice sounds great too!

naijanikki

I have this problem also, but I think I just shed like an animal. I have been using Queen Helene's garlic shampoo ($4 at my BSS) and noticed some improvement. Using it 2x a week has given me the most results. I hear great things about Apretadora and doing garlic pre-poos with EVOO & the juice from the pre-cut garlic in the grocery store (tried it once and the smell was WAY too much for me). It is alot of trial and error to find out what the solution is but Good Luck!!!

divacooks

The only thing that stops my shedding is taking a multivitamin everyday. I tried the garlic shampoos and stuff.

bbdgirl

I had that issue once and it took me a couple years to figure out a remedy. My shedding was from stress. Here's a few of the things that help:
shampoo with Nizoral (purchase at wal-mart for $14.00 Derm recommended, and it works)
take 1 garlic pill daily
rinse hair in Nettle tea or coffee or black tea.

HTH
Honestly I was hoping that you wouldn't say "stress" because I don't know what to do to combat my stress. I am not even sure what it is exactly...so many things are driving me nuts. I have alot on my mind lately.

bbdgirl

Apretadora stopped my shedding instantly. I cannot say enough about this product.

I must check this out immediately!

Hi,

I am sorry to hear about the shedding I would agree with the last post r u taking any vitamins? Sometimes if you have a Iron def you will shedd constantly also, I have had protein over load and lost hair by the handfuls. What I did was slow down on the brushing and combing tried my best to deal with my hair gently. I stopped the protein, and switched to a mositurizing conditioner. Also I let my hair air dry and then used heat to style sparingly. This helped unfortunately this all is trial and error. The garlic supplements and flaxseed oil does help. Good luck I hope the shedding stops. Fellow buddy in the growth and retention struggle

Yes I am stressed and my diet has def been off the last few weeks and my multi-vit bottle is finished adn I have yet to replace it. I guess there are a few things that I really need to look into

MonaRae

Tea Rinse! Boil a bag of tea, let it cool and apply after you rinse your condish out. You can either wash it out after 10 minutes or leave it in (I leave mines in). It works instantly! I has been a Godsend for me!

bbdgirl

Okay my last question; I am 10 weeks post and I usually relax around the 12th or 13th week, do you think that I should wait? what effect would it have on my current shedding condition

bbdgirl

Tea Rinse! Boil a bag of tea, let it cool and apply after you rinse your condish out. You can either wash it out after 10 minutes or leave it in (I leave mines in). It works instantly! I has been a Godsend for me!

Thank you I willl try this the next time that I wash!

MonaRae

You're welcome! You won't be sorry! Regular tea work but I like nettle. Most times I mix regular and nettle tea together.

gn1g

for stress get on b-complex immediately. Relax, find something a bit of wisdown and hold on.

I usually remind myself of a scripture or something my bishop said and relax. Next go to the water, it always soothes the soul

Highly Favored8

When your hair sheds you have to find the "root" of the problem. The shedding for me was stress related- so, I kept on hearing about Alter Ego and how when placed on the head it stops shedding and so far I see less shedding and I used it 2x now.

TLC1020

Here is my story it may help you or someone else...

I had been shedding (bulb) for 5 months or more and my hair was getting thinner and thinner at each wash.. I didn't know or have a clue as to what was going on.. I knew it wasn't something that I was doing externally b/c I didn't do much to my hair except during wash day which was once a week on Sunday.. In January I went to the doctor and had them check my blood level for Anemia, Thyroid & Lupus.. All results were negative... All the while my hair was still shedding really bad...:sad: I went from nearly bsl to sl :nono:...

So I made another appt with a doctor to refer me to a dermatology, I told the doctor b/c I know something is not right internally, she was hesitant but she did a referral anyway...I had my appt second week of April a med student and the dermatologist were asking questions they were both surprise that I knew so much about my hair :ohwell:.

Dermatologist said she was gonna take another blood test to check my ferritin level, which is where my white blood cells store iron.. A couple days later I recvd a call from the doctor saying:

Adult women your iron level should be between 5-116
Normal healthy hair growth level should be at least 40 & above
My were a staggering----------> 18 :blush:

She was very surprised and was like that is below half of what is needed for the white cell (bulb) to remain on the head....

She said I was not anemic but my white blood cells were really depleted and was not storing any iron... Dermatologist prescribed me some iron pills to take once a day until my next follow-up in 3 mths.

I am on the road to recovery.......:grin::grin::grin:

Ladies I desperately need your help...my hair has been shedding alot for the past two months.
I am 10 weeks post and now my hair is shedding like crazy. I have been odoing protein treatments for the past 2 months because my hair was super spongy and stretchy. My has been feeling so much better since upping the protein.
But back to the issue, my hair is coming out constantly, what could it be...all suggestions will be considered!!! Please help!!

TIA
bbd

bbdgirl

for stress get on b-complex immediately. Relax, find something a bit of wisdown and hold on.

I usually remind myself of a scripture or something my bishop said and relax. Next go to the water, it always soothes the soul

You are totally right, thank you! I need to relax, get my mind together open the good book and get some good thoughts in there.

Here is my story it may help you or someone else...

I had been shedding (bulb) for 5 months or more and my hair was getting thinner and thinner at each wash.. I didn't know or have a clue as to what was going on.. I knew it wasn't something that I was doing externally b/c I didn't do much to my hair except during wash day which was once a week on Sunday.. In January I went to the doctor and had them check my blood level for Anemia, Thyroid & Lupus.. All results were negative... All the while my hair was still shedding really bad...:sad: I went from nearly bsl to sl :nono:...

So I made another appt with a doctor to refer me to a dermatology, I told the doctor b/c I know something is not right internally, she was hesitant but she did a referral anyway...I had my appt second week of April a med student and the dermatologist were asking questions they were both surprise that I knew so much about my hair :ohwell:.

Dermatologist said she was gonna take another blood test to check my ferritin level, which is where my white blood cells store iron.. A couple days later I recvd a call from the doctor saying:

Adult women your iron level should be between 5-116
Normal healthy hair growth level should be at least 40 & above
My were a staggering----------> 18 :blush:

She was very surprised and was like that is below half of what is needed for the white cell (bulb) to remain on the head....

She said I was not anemic but my white blood cells were really depleted and was not storing any iron... Dermatologist prescribed me some iron pills to take once a day until my next follow-up in 3 mths.

I am on the road to recovery.......:grin::grin::grin:

Thank you so much for your input. You are not the first poster to mention iron deficiency, so tomorrow I will be looking into iron supplements. The docs have beeen trying to get me to take additional iron for years: I am just not much of a consistent pill popper. But for my hair...I will do anything. Also thank you for sharing your story, and thank G-d for your doggedness regarding your shedding.