Help!!! My hair is shedding like crazy!

JudithO

I shed quite a bit next week.. I want to tea rinse, but I'm still nursing a baby, so all that caffeine is not that great for me... Anyone know any non caffeine way to combat shedding?

mshoneyfly

I have a lot of the caffeine free teas from vitacost (Altiva brand). The thing that worked the best for me was coconut milk and AVG rinse under my DC, though.

Pompous Blue

@Pompous Blue when you say caffeine do you mean the black tea rinses or something else?
QTPie I mean pure caffeine purchased from Amazon.com. In March 2012, I purchased "Caffeine Powder 100% USP Pharma Grade Pure Powder". For a while I tea rinsed and added 1/8th tsp to 8 oz. conditioner and DC'd with it. Then I stopped tea-rinsing and continued to add the caffeine to my DC. I'm using the caffeine to rid my scalp of DHT (which causes hair thinning, female pattern baldness.) And it's working great! No thinning crown!

I also add the garlic to my DC to combat excessive shedding. This is done with every DC. (I DC twice a week.)

I have never added caffeine or garlic to my pre-poos, shampoos or co-washers. So, I don't know how that will work.

Since I wasn't sure what other added benefits black-tea has in it besides caffeine, I wanted to experiment and see if just adding caffeine to DC would have the same benefit as tea-rinsing.

So, I said all that to say this......Adding garlic powder and caffeine to my DCs helps to combat excessive shedding and thinning crown (for 3 years now).

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal
FemmeCreole I didn't realized you were in NOLA. Yes behind Paretti's... Fenugreek got a "food spice" smell but it goes away after conditioning/rinsing.LOL

I was just at Paretti's yesterday and I forgot to go over to that store. I'll go there tomorrow hopefully. Do I have to leave the paste overnight? I really want to try it.

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal
cocomama
I finally did the fenugreek treatment lastnight. I added about 1tbsp og macadamia oil condish to the mixture and saturated my hair with it, covered with a plastic cap and kept it in for an hour.

When I rinsed it out my hair was not very soft, I then used just the conditioner and detangled with my fingers. I towel dried and then spray this leave in mist from Organix. That's when my hair felt soft. I sprayed with brazilian keratin from organix and blowdried with comb attachment. There was LOTS of hair on the floor :(

Anyways I sprayed with more brazilian keratin flat iron from from organix and I straigtened with my Chi. Once done I used a little coconut oil and ran through my hair and scalp. Only then I noticed a change. I wrapped my hair and called it a night.

This morning when I took down my hair and combed through, only 2 hairs came out. Even now I'm running my hands through my hair and nothing is coming out. Hope that's a good sign.

Oh and BTW my hair still smells like mild curry...

Last edited:

mshoneyfly

Hmmm...FemmeCreole
Those organix products are loaded with cones. With prolonged use and no clarifying, they will cause breakage. You prob didnt get a good result because the cones are coating the hair.
I would advise using a natural oil to mix herbs and stuff

ScorpioBeauty09

I like this thread.:grin: I've actually had a problem with shedding during the summer when I detangle after washing.:ohwell: My hair's noticeably longer than it was at the beginning of the year so I initially thought it was because of that but it was concerning me a few weeks ago. I like the idea of adding garlic oil to my DC. Or I might start taking garlic pills.

gn1g

I shed quite a bit next week.. I want to tea rinse, but I'm still nursing a baby, so all that caffeine is not that great for me... Anyone know any non caffeine way to combat shedding?

rooiboos tea works wonders however it can be somewhat drying to your scalp so be sure to add oils to your scalp after the rinse.

Rnjones

rooiboos tea works wonders however it can be somewhat drying to your scalp so be sure to add oils to your scalp after the rinse.

I've been trying to figure out what new product/method I've been using that has given me bad dandruff and itchies. Maybe it's the rooibos tea. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal
Went to my hair dresser on Wednesday and she assured me that my hair is just going through it's shedding cycle and it will be over soon.... I hope she's right.