Ladies please please help me my hair is falling

Maxitonia

I really need help from all you ladies here please. Here is my story.
One month ago I was dying my hair as usual and after washing it and during brushing my hair fell in strands and clumps all over, I though it was a one time ordeal but then the next time I washed it was 10 days after the same thing happened again while brushing it and what concerned me more is that it's not stopping to fall, it is falling every day actually every minute I touch my hair it falls and it's not just one hair in my hands but a few everytime I run my fingers through it and it is falling from the roots not splitting or breaking because I see the white or black bulb attached to it. I always have had thick hair all my life I dye my hair every 3 weeks I know it was alot now I'm just learning my lesson. I never used any hair vitamins or even a multivitamin, but I have started taken one a day mutivitamin the week before my hair started to fall the first time. After lurking here for a week I decided to join the forum and get some help I have read here about Allure exotic and about Nioxin recharge complex, I have ordered both and bought some biotn 2500 and 5000 mcg. I really need your help because I don't have a clue as to what is causing my hair to fall like this and how can I stop it from falling. Thank you all.

JustKiya

First, welcome to the forum!

Second - every three weeks!?!?!?!??! :thud: You must have that super grow hair!!

Third - youch! That sounds like a scary lot of shedding. My first thought is that your scalp is having an allergic reaction to the dye - sometimes those sort of reactions build up slowly, and then just one more application pushes it over the edge.

I would definitely stop with the dye until you figure out what's going on.
Have you started taking (or stopped) any prescription meds? Any surgery/health issues? Iron levels? Thyroid Issues? Recently given birth? High levels of stress? Moved?

A lot of the ladies suggest garlic - both as supplements (which you can get odor-free), and as a hair treatment (fresh or powdered garlic in oil, apply to scalp like a hot oil treatment, let sit for as long as you can stand, shampoo normally & condition afterwards) as a shedding cure-all.

:bighug: I hope you can figure it out.

Neith

Maybe something put onto your scalp topically would help?

Jojoba oil mixed with some rosemary oil really helps me when I have scalp problems.

I'm sorry this is happening to you!

Sepia_Rose

Since it's falling out that badly it makes me think it may be an allergic reaction to something in the hair dye. I had an aunt who went through something similiar a few years ago. Did you use the same dye you always use or a different one? Did they change the formula? Are you relaxed or natural? The multivitamin and biotin are good ideas and garlic shampoo or supplements might help with the shedding but definitely lay off the dye for a while. Especially every three weeks that's a LOT of chemicals on your hair.

PinkPebbles

I really need help from all you ladies here please. Here is my story.
One month ago I was dying my hair as usual and after washing it and during brushing my hair fell in strands and clumps all over, I though it was a one time ordeal but then the next time I washed it was 10 days after the same thing happened again while brushing it and what concerned me more is that it's not stopping to fall, it is falling every day actually every minute I touch my hair it falls and it's not just one hair in my hands but a few everytime I run my fingers through it and it is falling from the roots not splitting or breaking because I see the white or black bulb attached to it. I always have had thick hair all my life I dye my hair every 3 weeks I know it was alot now I'm just learning my lesson. I never used any hair vitamins or even a multivitamin, but I have started taken one a day mutivitamin the week before my hair started to fall the first time. After lurking here for a week I decided to join the forum and get some help I have read here about Allure exotic and about Nioxin recharge complex, I have ordered both and bought some biotn 2500 and 5000 mcg. I really need your help because I don't have a clue as to what is causing my hair to fall like this and how can I stop it from falling. Thank you all.

Sorry that you are going through this. It's possible that your hair is over-processed. Try a reconstrutor treatment. (Aphogee, Nexus, ORS, or Joico K-pak).

Also I heard that Alter Ego Garlic can minimize the shedding.

TexturedTresses

i was having a similar problem except mine was stress related (those pesky lsats). my hair dresser recommended the alterego leave in for your scalp, when i get home i'll post the exact name. it really seemed to make a difference. its supposed to make the follicles stronger so the hair won't fall out.

also welcome to the forum and good luck.

Maxitonia

No I did not give birth recently my youngest child is 5 yrs old, I went to see a dermatologist and the first thing he requested was a full complete blood test and then he said to come back when results are in, I just did it last week and the result were ok no thyroid or iron problems so I would have to go back to him again next week. I have a feeling that the dying has contributed to my hair falling like this because my scalp everytime I dyed my hair was very itchy all night for the first 2 days after dying it. No I have not changed the coloring brand I used 100% Garnier which is supposed to have vitamins in it but I know it was too much to dye my hair every 3 weeks I don't know what was I thinking at that time. You ladies have been really great I'm glad I found this forum.
I just have a few questions. I got my Nioxin recharge and the Exotic allure in the mail today, I don't know which one to try first I read so many good things about Nioxin recharge than I read on Exotic allure. So I'm thinking to try Nioxin first for 3 months and see what happens, I have a question about is it safe to take 2 pills a day and why do you think one pill is not going to work if tha's the recommended dosage.
As for exotic allure I see that the supplemental facts include so many things that nioxin does not have. EA has He Shou Wu, iron, MSM, Vitamin E, horsetail extract, flax seed oil.

bermudabeauty

Welcome. You've come the right place. First off. The first thing that comes to mind is overprocessing. I don't feel you have to color your hair every 3weeks. Why do you do this do you have a lot of gray hair? If so have you considered a cellphane/a rinse color. Try Jazzing by Clairol it is inexpensive and gentle on the hair. Now is your hair breaking or shedding? Shedding will have a white bulb at the end of the hair. Breaking would be little pieces. If your breaking you might need protein and/or moisture. I would start with an Aphogee two step treatment and deep condition once a week. Keep us posted.

1QTPie

Elder Sim
Dermatologist. The dye could be a coincidence. Since you're losing at the root, you want to rule out Alopecia and other scalp illnesses first.

Maxitonia

Yes I will definitely go back to him to rule that out but at the mean time I was about to wash my hair and need to use a good home made treatment or something I could buy from a beauty supply store which ever is better. I heard garlic in some extra virgin oil or two eggs in virgin oil is good. I need something temporary to treat my hair from falling at least till I see the dermatologist. And yes my hair is falling from the roots and not breaking what so ever that's what really concerns me alot. I had it trimmed two weeks ago also. The reason why I used to color my hair that much is because I had a red color but after one wash the color washes out/fades out to brownish color. Iam putting off coloring for a long time now till I find out the problem of my hair, the last time I colored my hair was 5 weeks ago.

hairdrama:{

Yes I will definitely go back to him to rule that out but at the mean time I was about to wash my hair and need to use a good home made treatment or something I could buy from a beauty supply store which ever is better. I heard garlic in some extra virgin oil or two eggs in virgin oil is good. I need something temporary to treat my hair from falling at least till I see the dermatologist. And yes my hair is falling from the roots and not breaking what so ever that's what really concerns me alot. I had it trimmed two weeks ago also. The reason why I used to color my hair that much is because I had a red color but after one wash the color washes out/fades out to brownish color. Iam putting off coloring for a long time now till I find out the problem of my hair, the last time I colored my hair was 5 weeks ago.

You can use ColorShowers every 2 or 3 weeks if you want instead of the permanent color (after you solve your scalp current issues of course) it'll even help your hair condition.

n_vizion

I would definately also incorporate scalp massages to help stimulate blood flow and the nutrients straight to your scalp where it sounds like you need it most. You will probably have to lay off the dye for a little while until you nurse your hair back to health.

A_Christian

I was going to suggest going to a Dermatologist and your Doctor above all else but you've got that covered. The other things I'd suggest are to leave the dye alone - like for at least a year, I know that sounds drastic, but hair recovery takes time. I would also stop using a brush. Not all brushes are bad, but for hair that is already weak and fragile a wide tooth comb would be the only detangling tool that I would use until your hair gets stronger. As for products, I haven't been keeping up with the latest products that stop shedding for a while, but I'm sure the ladies can suggest products to get your shedding under control. Good luck and hopefully your hair will be doing much better soon. :yep:

lboogie2679

I think your scalp may have suffered some trauma. I think you may want to try focusing on your scalp. You should check it out and see if it looks abnormal. I would try cleansing the scalp by using some 100% tea tree oil. When I was relaxing my hair stopped growing and shed really bad bc I was applying relaxer directly to the scalp faithfully. I think once you get your scalp's pH in balance it will help.

Maxitonia

I have read here that crushing 5-7 cloves of garlic in some olive oil would help stop the shedding, should I give it a try? I'm just not sure whether it needs to be stored covered for two days or just place directly in a microwave and then applied to scalp and one more question how should I wash it out, I guess it will need a very good wash for the smell to come out of my hair.

JustKiya

I have read here that crushing 5-7 cloves of garlic in some olive oil would help stop the shedding, should I give it a try? I'm just not sure whether it needs to be stored covered for two days or just place directly in a microwave and then applied to scalp and one more question how should I wash it out, I guess it will need a very good wash for the smell to come out of my hair.

You should definitely give that a try. :yep:

You can put it right in the microwave, and then use it like a hot oil treatment. If you make more than you need, you should store it, and use it within 4 days.
I think it you microwave it, and then strain out the bits of garlic, the oil should be easy to get out of your hair, along with the smell.

You might want to PM Aggie - she's a guru of garlic stuff.

ACRawlins

Hi Dearie...I have to tell you that shedding has been a daily event for me for the past 5 weeks. I think I caused it myself by trying to self-relax with new relaxer. :ohwell: I think I overprocessed and underprocessed and I think the relaxer just sucked or something. Anywho, it was coming out so bad I clogged my bathtub and I NEVER have hair issues! I tried everything! Minced garlic didn't work and I stunk for a week, garlic shampoo didn't work and it was drying as hell. Finally I just gave up and started wearing a phony pony so I wouldn't have to come it. Then I remembered my girlfriend saying something to me about Alter Ego products and I did a search on the forum about it. I thought the little bottle was expensive, but I was tired of losing my thick beautiful hair everyday, so I ordered it off of Amazon, from Bluebeez, and with shipping it cost me $41.

I had them deliver my package to my job and I was so excited and desperate that I started squirting it in my hair while at work. Wouldn't you know that after 5 weeks of excessive shedding I noticed no shedding the VERY NEXT DAY??? This was just last week and since then, I've had my STYLIST relax with Mizani Butter Blends for the first time and I've been co-washing every day with my staple Joico Moisture Recovery Balm (the pj in me made me stray for a few weeks to try other products :wallbash:) and squirting my Alter Ego drops on my scalp every morning for the last week. I kid you not, I've only noticed 2 hairs in this entire time (back to normal)!

So, since it worked for me, I wanted to share with you that it's the Alter Ego Cren that has saved my hair. I don't know if it will work for you, but it did for me and I'm very happy. I'll never be without it again. Good luck!

Maxitonia

Thanks ACRolins for the info, I will definitely for I'm desperate to do anything to save my hair, this definitely added a load of stress on me. I cann't believe my hair is falling off and thining in a matter of days.

Maxitonia

Thanks ACRolins for the info, I will definitely for I'm desperate to do anything to save my hair, this definitely added a load of stress on me. I cann't believe my hair is falling off and thining in a matter of days.