my hair hates me right now

collegeDoll

is it normal for hair to fall out if you comb it everyday? my hair just has been falling out and i dont know what to do. some have the white bulbs on the end but most dont. even it i finger comb or just run my hands down the length of my hair (not hard) but my hand is full of hair. i used MNT as a quick conditioner (15 mins) but my hair is just so weak i cant even touch it. heres my reggie:

wash weekly with CON, dc after with moisture
use glycerin/water mix as a leave-in; also as daily moisturizer
co-wash 2-3x a week with moisture or protein but most of the time Suave tropical coconut

i also use MN and i just bought Vatika coconut oil and NTM leave-in. last night, after co-wash with MNT i applied NTM then Vatika then MN to scalp and bunned. no matter what i do or use, my hair just seems to be coming out:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

I NEED SERIOUS ADVICE PLEASE!!!

Last edited:

luvmesumhair

Hi sweetie. Sorry to hear about what is happening to you.

Maybe you should stop using MN for a while? Did you notice this happening when you started using MN? Also, maybe you should DC under the dryer longer? Maybe 30 min?

collegeDoll

thanx luvmesumhair. this was happenning before i started the MN but i admit that the greasy-ness of it may be making it worse. and i only have a corny little hand held dryer... but i guess i could make it work lol

bermudabeauty

I read stories on this board that MN makes your hair shed more. I shed hair 50-100 hairs a day. A lot of LCHF members use garlic to treat shedding. You may want to research some old threads. I was referred to use either Altar Ego or Nutriene Garlic Shampoo and Garlic Hot Oil Treatment. You can purchase the Nutriene brand both for like $5.99 at http://www.bluebeez.com. The Altar Ego brand is like $30+dollars. I'm starting it today so I can let you know later how it works out. If breakage is your problem you either might have too much protein or too much moisture. In the summer time I find my hair needs more moisture so I deep condition once a week and put olive oil in my hair before I go to bed and when I wake up in the morning. I don't do co-washes. I have relaxed hair and I noticed my hair starting to break from co-washes. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

collegeDoll

I read stories on this board that MN makes your hair shed more. I shed hair 50-100 hairs a day. A lot of LCHF members use garlic to treat shedding. You may want to research some old threads. I was referred to use either Altar Ego or Nutriene Garlic Shampoo and Garlic Hot Oil Treatment. You can purchase the Nutriene brand both for like $5.99 at http://bluebeez.com. The Altar Ego brand is like $30+dollars. I'm starting it today so I can let you know later how it works out. If breakage is your problem you either might have too much protein or too much moisture. In the summer time I find my hair needs more moisture so I deep condition once a week and put olive oil in my hair before I go to bed and when I wake up in the morning. I don't do co-washes. I have relaxed hair and I noticed my hair starting to break from co-washes. Hope this helps.

I also heard that Queen Helene Garlic Shampoo cuts down on shedding

thanx and do these smell like garlic? lol

michaela

Natural 4b
Do you Sleep with a Silk Scarf are Silk Pillow before you go to bed?

Maybe you Should Try to plat Your hair Before You go to Bed to avoid Tangles.

MariposaSexyGirl

I think you are doing too much to your hair. You are using alot of stuff that could cause build up also which could lead to breakage. And your doing to much manipulation.

MariposaSexyGirl

never even thought about it like that...guess im a lil too eager :nono:

Yeah it happens to all of us sometimes:grin:.

Just make sure you not doing to much protein. I know CON, ORS,and some others can cause build up because of the ingredients in them. I love ORS it's a light protein. CON has protein in it also. You might want to find something else to co-wash with besides the ORS.

Tarae

thanx and do these smell like garlic? lol
I use the Alter Ego and the smell isn't too great. But I don't apply it to the length of my hair, only my roots, and I follow up with a good smelling, moisturizing DC and the garlic scent is gone. It definitely works for the shedding.

For your cowashes, you can try a different conditioner. I love Herbal Essences conditioners for cowashing. I also use Dove and Silk Elements, and V05 is a good, cheap choice also.

collegeDoll

lol im reading these posts like 'what are yall talkin about?????????" i meant to type that i mostly co-wash with Suave tropical coconut. idk why ORS was on my brain...need to start re-reading before i post....

eta: all my cowash conditioners are in my fotki

joib

I have to agree with others. Try no to comb you hair as much. I went from combing my hair 2x's a day to combing it on wash days only. I know it's hard- you can do it

cecilie

Hello ,maybe you can give your hair a rest with a protective style like cornrows and after try the low manip like others said . Good luck .

~*Tigget*~

I am relaxed. My hair did this recently--- twice. I too was using m.n so for one I stopped that. I then did the strand test that sistaslick wrote about & it was too much protein. So I went on a quest for only moisturizing condtitioners mostly all natural kind. Then it slowly came to a hault.

Well I started co-washing frequently with the MCers & over did that so I gave myself a aphogee protein trmtmnt & it seemed to help.

Another thing to access is ur newgrowth...if relaxed the two diff txtures can cause brkg. HTH

collegeDoll

great advice! thanx everyone. i will work on limiting my combing to once a week and try to lessen manipulation. also im gonna go buy that garlic stuff and/or a aphogee treatment and see how it works. im also gonna relax at the end of the month to see if that was it. as you can tell, their is still a lot i need to learn about my hairs needs lol....getting there though....

~*Tigget*~

Remember when using aphogee follow it up with a moisturizing conditiner....u may already know this :)

great advice! thanx everyone. i will work on limiting my combing to once a week and try to lessen manipulation. also im gonna go buy that garlic stuff and/or a aphogee treatment and see how it works. im also gonna relax at the end of the month to see if that was it. as you can tell, their is still a lot i need to learn about my hairs needs lol....getting there though....

bermudabeauty

Ok OP I am giving you an update I tried Nutriene unscented Garlic Hot Oil Treatment and Nutriene Unscented Garlic Shampoo. It was very nice. A pleasant smell and everything. I followed up wtih Neutrogena Triple Moisture recovery mask for deep conditioner. I am going to try using this twice a week for the next few weeks and hopefully some of the shedding will be reduced.

collegeDoll

i im still gonna buy the garlic poo/conditioner, but for now im gonna go easy on the moisture or add more protien. i dc for an hour with Mane N Tail, used my leave-in and Vatika oil and bunned. no hairs came out at all! plus my hair is nice and shiny. im about to go running so i finger combed my hair into 2 side buns after spraying a little moisturizer on each side. im not gonna comb it til my next wash day

MissNina

Libra Girl
I would NOT cowash with ORS. I love it but it's strictly a weekly DC. And it contains light protein.

ITA. :nono: ORS shouldn't be used more than once a week, nor as a co-wash. It's definitely supposed to be used as a treatment. On the back of my packet (don't have the bottle) it even says to sit with it on for 45 mins.

I'd also stop coming so much. I comb/detangle twice a week now. Used to be once but detangling got a little crazy with my growth aide. . .

collegeDoll

ITA. :nono: ORS shouldn't be used more than once a week, nor as a co-wash. It's definitely supposed to be used as a treatment. On the back of my packet (don't have the bottle) it even says to sit with it on for 45 mins.

I'd also stop coming so much. I comb/detangle twice a week now. Used to be once but detangling got a little crazy with my growth aide. . .

thanx but i dont cowash with this. it was an accident that i typed it and i corrected it in another comment but not in the original post. sorry for the confusion