My hair grew the fastest when......(PICS)

this is the best thread i ever read :)

my hair grew very fast when i used to go jogging almost every morning, ate healthier.. lol lots of peanut butter, egg whites, whole wheat, brocolli, shrimp.. less sugar and lots of water. my skin was very clear and i would get my hair washed every two weeks and always got a deep conditioner

IMFOCSD

Braids/twists under my wigs daily and s curl daily...that's it....super simple..
I wash/DC once every two weeks.

Kimiche

My hair grew fastest when I had it braided in individuals. I had so much progress with braids. Too bad I only like when my cousin braids it and she's in another country.

Monaleezza

If there is one thing I've learnt since joining the forum, what works for one person's hair won't necessarily work for another.
If you've found a way to make your hair grow long, strong and healthy then care not what a stylist has to say.

(dont judge me)

When I left my hair COMPLETELY alone. As in I got a sew-in weave and left it in for 7 months straight. I washed my hair ONCE a month and used braid spray occasionally. I retained 7 inches (no exaggeration). My stylist retightened the tracks once a month. (Mind you I consider myself a weavologist :lachen:it looks good from day first to day last)

However a new stylist made me feel like crap when I was talking about it once. I felt so ridiculed. Needless-to-say I haven't done a weave AT ALL since and I'm back to 1/8 - 1/2 in a month :sad: :perplexed

ETA: before I told this stylist this she was complimenting me on my ends (even though I never had a real trim) and the overall health of my hair... ugh i would love to say how its best to ignore peoples opinions, but coming from a stylist, it really hurt to hear her say all the crap that she did AFTER complimenting me on my hair's health)

Chevelure618

When I started doing scalp massages with melted, warm Extra Virgin Coconut Oil. This gets me more than my average 1/2" per month. This is a hairstylist recommendation now as well. I believe EVCO has special properties that other oils do not have.

NeicyNee

My hair grew the fastest when...my mom was taking care of it for me.:lol: Ever since highschool when my mom let me make decisions about my hair, I have been ruining it. But I'm going to go back to what my mom did when I was younger. Braids braids braids. I'm currently wearing a sew in.

~Hair~Fetish~

When I was pregnant and did a 6 month stretch while mostly PSing. Oh yeah.... And no heat. I think a combination of everything gave me some serious length/retention.

Last edited:

Charla

My hair grew fastest when I learned the concept of protecting my ends. Then I bumped my growth more with sulfur oil. Afterwards I switched to MN and got another bump in growth. All the while still protecting my ends.

Angelinhell

Before my hhj: When I washed once a month(gross I know), didn't deep condition, just put sulfur 8 moisturizing lotion on wet hair, airdried, flatironed. My scalp was a mess though:sad:. The problem? Scissor happy stylist.

Now on my hhj: This past relaxer cycle I washed, dc'ed, airdried everyday. My newgrowth was coming in a lot faster. I'm just too lazy to wash everyday though.

*~*Afrolicious*~*

My hair grew from a little bit above APL to a little below MBL in 10 months from lots of protective styling and giving my fine hair all the protein it wanted and then some. I washed with only protein conditioners, mixed in liquid protein with my leave-in and spritzed my hair with a protein spray lol.

Ravenhairedbeauty

My hair grew fastest when I co washed everyday and applied my leave in conditioner afterwards that's all I did and I went from a twa to shoulder length in no time

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Monaleezza said:
If there is one thing I've learnt since joining the forum, what works for one person's hair won't necessarily work for another.
If you've found a way to make your hair grow long, strong and healthy then care not what a stylist has to say.

I completely agree with this.

Monaleezza

When I put it in weave and simply keep it moist with natural oils and water underneath.
And in those months, life is so simple.

atlien11

My Hair grew fastest when i stopped relaxing, and stopped blow drying it with a comb attachment (i had no idea this was the culprit for at least a good year). Also vitamins and exercise and lots of water helped.

sunnieb

Ok, my hair grew the fastest when I joined the six month HYH Challenge last year and just stuck to my basic regimen and left it alone.

4 years later and my answer is still the same. :)

Basically bun and be consistent with my basic regimen. I get lazy and my hair suffers.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using LHCF