My Hair Grew Fast When _______________

charmtreese

What shakes and protein bars are you eating? Quest protein bars are like 20g of protein per serving, and with protein shake (pre and post) workout I try to use at most 40g per shake. Also, combing foods like eggs, bacon and sprouted bread increases the protein content.

You don't necessarily have to eat that much protein. I do it to preserve as much lean muscle mass as possible while "leaning" so that my metabolic rate doesn't slow down.

I usually eat Quest bars or GNC Lean Bars. My shakes normally contain 20-30g of protein. Right now I'm eating at a deficiency so my main focus is to stay within my calories, hitting my protein goal is a close second.

ag00

My hair grew the quickest and longest when I was broke and could only afford a bottle of ORS hair lotion. I just wet my naps everyday and applied that and I had shoulder length hair in a couple of months. I later found out my hair grew like crazy because that product had coconut oil in it. The other side is that it contained alcohol. Which I don't trust at all. So I don't know.

ilong

God's Own
What does the vit C do? I've been taking collagen for about a month or two but only started taking the vit c based on someone mentioning it in another thread.
@snoop there are varying opinions on this. But speculation is vitamin C is needed so the body can absorb and use the MSM and collagen to do their work ( build cells, relieve pain, grow stronger healthier hair/nails etc.) . Neocell's collagen has C.

charmtreese

@charmtreese and @Unleashdakish - are the Quest bars pretty good? Any after taste? I would love to increase my daily protein intake.

They're pretty good! Not much or any after taste. Quest has a huge variety in flavors and at under 200 cal per bar they're great meal replacements or post workout treats. Trader Joes sells a limited selection at the cheapest price I've found.

julzinha

@snoop there are varying opinions on this. But speculation is vitamin C is needed so the body can absorb and use the MSM and collagen to do their work ( build cells, relieve pain, grow stronger healthier hair/nails etc.) . Neocell's collagen has C.

I've experienced the most benefits from my MSM when it is OptiMSM and when I take it with Vitamin C as well as splitting my doses. I know some ppl worry about the side effects, but the benefits outweigh them tremendously

Drtondalia

Circle as in beehive?
Yes, a beehive. The braid started behind my right ear and was braided in a continuos circle till the middle then the excess braid was sewn into the circle. I had this done at my hairdresser after a wash and deep condition. I left about an inch out in the front so I could blend it with my wigs for a more natural look. It worked out great. I wore a lacefront with a yaki hair texture and people thought it was my hair.

sugarbaybie

?>,m cx1vqw
When I was eating organic eggs for a year. My coworker kept her neighbor's six pet Araucana & “Easter Egger" hens while his home was under renovation. They laid so many eggs she'd distribute them at work. My hair looked fake; shiny, wiry with lots of body. It also went from layered APL/BSB to full waist.
How many eggs were you eating? EVERY day? 2-3 each day?

Yes, cleaning scalp with conditioner but shampoo up to every 4 washes (Not a hard and fast rule - if the scalp is extra dirty then I use shampoo). I wash my hair on average every couple of weeks. Using shampoo every wash, washing every week and, plus the addition of hard water was drying my hair out.

Hope that make sense.

So you were cleaning your scalp with conditioner? You wouldnt use ANY shampoo?

C@ssandr@

formerly known as "keyawarren"
Low manipulation allowed my hair to grow faster (through retention, of course).

But when I think of growth, biotin has been my go-to for years.

sugarbaybie

Yes, cleaning scalp with conditioner but shampoo up to every 4 washes (Not a hard and fast rule - if the scalp is extra dirty then I use shampoo). I wash my hair on average every couple of weeks. Using shampoo every wash, washing every week and, plus the addition of hard water was drying my hair out.

Hope that make sense.
ugh i'm with you on the hair water thing. it will dry and make that hair something it is not.

so you WOULD shampoo every so often just most of the time used condition, right?

on the flip side so just a once a week wash would make your hair fall out?

oneastrocurlie

Stopped doing weekly twist outs. I got it cut into a tapered style and have being doing wash and go's 95% off the time. I don't think my hair likes all that manipulation. But now I'm hitting that awkward stage where twist outs would help.

DC-ing weekly with heat

Using more protein

movingforward

Moving forward and onward
braids. My hair has grew out so much these last few months. But I'm transitioning so I'm going to be in braids for about two years.

Yes, I shampoo (Or shea moisture purification masque) every so often to get a proper scalp cleanse, use conditioner the other times.

Once a week wash (with shampoo) dried out my hair and scalp plus increased shedding.

ugh i'm with you on the hair water thing. it will dry and make that hair something it is not.

so you WOULD shampoo every so often just most of the time used condition, right?

on the flip side so just a once a week wash would make your hair fall out?

KinkyRN

Cowashing 4-5 days a week. Taking vitamins religiously. Drinking bamboo tea. Also being in braids and using liquid gold cream or oil every other day.