My Great (First) Self-Relaxing Experience! (LONG)

Chichi

[ QUOTE ]
TigerLily said:
YAAY! Glad it worked out well!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thx! Two weeks later and still enjoying the results...

Chichi

Mamacita

[ QUOTE ]
Chichi said:
[ QUOTE ]
Mamacita said:
What exactly is the Sustenance Fortifying Treament?? And why use this instead of the 5in1. TIA

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe that the Sustenance Fortifying Treament is for Affirm Fiberguard and the 5 in 1 is for regular Affirm.

Sustenance Fortifying Treament also doubles up as a deep conditioner so I will be using it for that purpose as well.

Chichi

[/ QUOTE ]
Did they recommend for you to use this conditioner instead. I'm getting ready to order the Affirm products and have no idea what to buy. TIA

azul11

bump. I am considering self relaxing or at least doing assisted home touchups. God bless you all.

Chichi

God bless to you too!

You can do it.
It was the best hair gift that I have ever given myself and wish that I had started sooner.

Chichi

azul11

I have a question not sure if you would know but my stylist before used to use affirm regular on my hair. However I think it is a bit too harsh for my hair because it comes out too straight and lacks body and thickness i am accostumed to. Do you think the fiberguard would do the trick or should I use the regular and just leave it on for less time? God bless you all.

Chichi

Good question. I think that both applies since I have also used regular Affirm too. However, I noticed that with the Fiberguard, my hair felt and looked relaxed but it didn't looked like the life was stripped from it.

To explain better... I could style my hair anyway the next day, whereas with regular relaxers, I would have to wait until the first wash before my hair was back to normal. If this makes any sense, my hair almost looks like it did when I was a little girl, straight but not bone straight.

I am thinking that regular Affirm could do this too if you don't leave it on for too long. I chose Fiberguard because it said that it maintains the tensile strength of your hair (and I believe it
). I chose the mild strength because as a newbie, I wanted to control the relaxing process; I will be sticking to the mild also because I want to keep my hair at only like 65% relaxed.

If you are going to a stylist, you will have to be your own advocate; that is, watch how long she keeps the relaxer in your hair. It may be hard too because you won't be able to see or feel how straight your hair is becoming. But if you go to someone that you trust, you shouldn't have a prob.

God Bless,
Chichi