My friends mother is dying...

CandiedLipgloss

She is currently in the hospital with cancer of the arteries, kidney disease and several other ailments. The doctors said if she goes into cardiac arrest again, they won't bring her back. They don't expect her to make it another week.

I love my friend like a sister, but she is no longer a Christian, she has other beliefs, but I continue to pray for her.

I'm not sure if her mother is religious, but from the stories my friend tells me, it doesn't seem so.

How can I ask my friend if her mother has accepted Christ without offending her? (not that I should care but..) Because even if I tell her what to say, she might not want to do it, since she doesn't believe anymore.

I don't think her mother has much time, and its heavy on my heart to tell her. If she does it or not, I won't know, but I don't want to be held accountable.

Please help.

Thanks

KnottyGurl

I'm very sorry to hear about your friend's mother. If you think that your friend won't be open to hearing about Christ, maybe you (or you and a group of christians) should pray for her mother. Also, have you thought about going to visit the mother in the hospital to see how she's doing and talk to her?

MA2010

So sorry to hear that Candied Lipgloss.

I honestly don't know what advice to give. Keep praying and I'll say a prayer now.

CandiedLipgloss

Thank you, well they live in Chicago. I went ahead and asked her if she would mind my mother praying and talking to her mom on the phone. She said it was ok. She's actually happy that we want to pray for her.

So all worked out, thanks ladies. :bighug:

ILYandY

I'm glad she accepted your offer. OP when your stable in your faith you can pray for anyone it's called "intercessory prayer" it's praying on the behalf of another or group or any situation, your standing in the gap for someone. Remember when Moses prayed to the L-rd for forgiveness of the Jew sins, he was standing in the gap for them.

More examples:
Ezekiel 22:30 And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.

Isaiah 59:19 And he saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no intercessor: ( The Almighty/G-D is always looking for an intercessor)

Matthew 5:44 ....pray for those who despitefully use you and persecute you. Just so you'll know prayer is universal.

So no matter what anytime you feel the need and or is ask to pray for someone just do it!

Last edited:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I'm glad she accepted your offer. OP when your stable in your faith you can pray for anyone it's called "intercessory prayer" it's praying on the behalf of another or group or any situation, your standing in the gap for someone. Remember when Moses prayed to the L-rd for forgiveness of the Jew sins, he was standing in the gap for them.

More examples:
Ezekiel 22:30 And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.

Isaiah 59:19 And he saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no intercessor: ( The Almighty/G-D is always looking for an intercessor)

Matthew 5:44 ....pray for those who despitefully use you and persecute you. Just so you'll know prayer is universal.

So no matter what anytime you feel the need and or is ask to pray for someone just do it!
This is a beautiful answer Ily. You have spoken the heart of God our Father.

Therefore to our OP: CandiedLipgloss:

I set my heart in agreement that this precious soul of your friend's mother shall not perish but shall receive the love of Jesus and have everlasting life. Her spirit and her soul are still alive and can hear, and receive, no matter what state her physical body may be in, for our bodies are only a shell which shelters our inward being.

Therefore, hope is not lost, neither will the prayers that surround her be in vain. It is well and she shall believe and receive the heart of Jesus with all of her inward being. For it is the perfect and sure will of God that no one should perish but have everlasting life and so it shall be with her.

In Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen. :Rose:

Prudent1

I am in total agreement w/ Shimmie and ILYandY. I have just finished praying for you, your friend, and her mom.

CandiedLipgloss

Thank you so much ladies.

Unfortunately my friend got to the hospital too late, and her mother already passed, so she didn't get a chance to put the phone on speaker phone for my mother to pray for her.

However, we prayed for her that morning in church, and I continued at home. So I am believing that she is with our Father now.

My friend is doing fine, as she was expecting this. I am continuing to pray for her as well.

CandiedLipgloss

Update:
Great new ladies. I found out my friends mother's cousin is a Pastor. He baptized her at home during her last days, she got saved as well. :drunk:

Prudent1

I am sorry for your loss but so happy to hear of her baptism and acceptance of Jesus as her personal savior!! :)