MY FIRST WEAVE COMPARISON!

Wolftrap

I went to a family funtion on Saturday and I had my hair in a curly ponytail. I have been washing my hair and putting it in Bantu knots taking them out and putting it in a cute ponytail. My aunt comes up to me and she goes "Girlll, you are working that hairpiece"
I said this is not a hairpiece this is my hair. Of course my other aunt who is a hater of the hair boards says to her "Oh God you don't know how big you just made her head". And she sure did. My hair is not even that long. Its collar bone in front and just grazing shoulder blade in the back (It grows in that dreaded V) I was so excited for the rest of the night. My hair has never been the length it is now, even when I was a kid. I'm so happy I found the boards. Just wanted to share.

AceH

<font color="blue">
I'm pleased to read that you deal with weave comparisons with a positive attitude. Well, that makes one of us! I'm having a hard time not having an attitude with my weave comparisons. I'll learn. Congrats on your achievement
</font>

Leslie_C

WTG wolftrap! Sounds like you are like me and will take any weave comparison as a compliment!

Wolftrap

[ QUOTE ]
andreamaria said:
<font color="blue">
I'm pleased to read that you deal with weave comparisons with a positive attitude. Well, that makes one of us! I'm having a hard time not having an attitude with my weave comparisons. I'll learn. Congrats on your achievement
</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? You shouldn't feel like that. It should be a compliment. It's great that means that your hard work has paid off. As long as you know its not a weave then all should be good. People are paying thousands of dollars to get what you grew out of your head naturally with a little hard work.

teerama

Hot Mama!
Wolftrap- I say 'You Grow Girl!"...I cant wait to get compared to a weave. People sometimes tell me my hair looks like a wig (it can be pretty thick at times) but it is not long YET!!! I am looking forward to having your experience.....

Wolftrap

LOL @ compared to a wig. I wish I had thicker hair. Thanks girl you will get there. You are doing all the right things so trust me you will be there. My hair isn't even that long so the comment to me came out of nowhere. I think I will have hair anorexia as it grows. You know when you think its short and its really long.

AceH

[ QUOTE ]
Wolftrap said:
[ QUOTE ]
andreamaria said:
<font color="blue">
</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? You shouldn't feel like that. It should be a compliment. It's great that means that your hard work has paid off. As long as you know its not a weave then all should be good. People are paying thousands of dollars to get what you grew out of your head naturally with a little hard work.

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="blue"> I know
You are absolutely right. It's just I'm highly annoyed by people who wouldn't know a weave if somebody slapped them upside their head with one asking me if my hair is a weave. Yeah, I'm annoyed, and I show it
I wear my hair in a bun until I can learn to not be annoyed or at least not show it (as well as until I reach my goal comfortably) </font>

Jenai

Congrats Wolftrap! Isn't it great to get your first weave comparison? Write this day down, cause you know you are on your way to even better hair.

swirl

IG: rhonda_hair
i get that all the time. it really irks my husband when people think my hair is fake, though. its to the point that he doesn't like me to wear certain hairstyles, especially high ponytails. he so krazy