My first salon visit in over a year, and I went to Walmart. LOL.

missbritt1986

Hello ladies,

Here is a video describing my experience, and a bit of rambling too:

YouTube - Salon visit results!

Here is a rollerset from 12/09. You can see the difference in growth :grin:

Picture0063.jpg

Nothing wrong with going to Walmart to get your hair done. Im in Greenville, North Carolina and since Im in the area temporarily, I was thinking of going there to get a pedicure.

Hair looks good, by the way.

Nothing wrong with going to Walmart to get your hair done. Im in Greenville, North Carolina and since Im in the area temporarily, I was thinking of going there to get a pedicure.

Hair looks good, by the way.

Thanks! I'm actually about 45 mins away from Greenville. Enjoy your short stay in NC. The food is addictive. LOL.

Very nice. I went to walmart before but your experience was better than mine. I may give them another shot since I live in another area.

I actually had a better experience in Wal-Mart than I did in JCPenny. The girl had no problem with my finicky requests (large toothed comb, selective about products, etc). She did a beautiful job on my hair...As a matter of fact...I think I'm going back to the same girl in Wal-Mart to get my hair done for Thanksgiving! Thanks for the reminder! :grin:

There are salons in Walmart? I had no idea. Your hair looks pretty.

Last edited:
nice! I always wondered how the Wal-Mart salon would do with black hair....I might have to give them a try :yep:
and OT, OP....are you the same MissBritt that lost all that weight? if so...then girl you look GOOD!!!!!!!!!!
woow :notworthy:

I'm in walmart fairly regularly and I'm always looking at the salon wondering why it doesn't say "relaxer touchups" (code - we do aa hair :) ) - only "perms", at least this is the norm in my area. However I did recently notice a black woman walk into the salon and by the time I was done checking out she was already being shampoo'd. She seemed to have a relaxer and might have been there for a wash n set or a trim. If they start hiring stylists who can blow out natural afri-textured hair that would be nice and convenient.

Your hair looks great! Great growth! When I was in college, my friend used to stay going to Walmart or JCPenney or something because there were/are no black salons in Blacksburg, Va... lol. Her hair always looked nice. I was thinking of going to this salon on my grad school campus for just a trim.

I'm very anti-salon but I've always liked the Wal Mart salons. I've always had good experiences and I love their products. I got my big chop done at Wal Mart

Back