my first visit to a dominican salon

aregee

I found a Dominican salon here in Richmond. They rollerset my hair (which came out beautifully btw. i did not know that my 3C hair could be rollerset) and blew it out. That dryer was the hottest thing i've ever felt!! Last week when I stopped by there, they quoted me $20, but ended up charging me $25, i guess b/c of the length. My hair was so straight and light that the air from my car a/c had my hair blowing all over the place! A strange thing happened after that. I wrapped it to maintain the straightness, but when i unwrapped it, i had a head full of fluffy curls! Is that common?

That used to happen to me all the time when I first started getting rollerwraps. You just have to keep getting them done on a consistent basis, and you hair will start to "train" and hold the style. Back before I really started taking care of my hair and washing it frequently, I could wear rollerwraps for about 3 weeks before it started looking frizzy. HTH

[ QUOTE ]
aregee said:
I found a Dominican salon here in Richmond. They rollerset my hair (which came out beautifully btw. i did not know that my 3C hair could be rollerset) and blew it out. That dryer was the hottest thing i've ever felt!! Last week when I stopped by there, they quoted me $20, but ended up charging me $25, i guess b/c of the length. My hair was so straight and light that the air from my car a/c had my hair blowing all over the place! A strange thing happened after that. I wrapped it to maintain the straightness, but when i unwrapped it, i had a head full of fluffy curls! Is that common?

[/ QUOTE ]

Richmond, Virginia? DO TELL the name of salon and location, please!
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

Glad you hacd a great experience... maybe the humid weather is making it curly (natural State) just a thought!

I'm glad you enjoyed your experience. After my blowout I usually put in rollers and wrap my hair up.

maybe u sweated it out in your sleep. this happens to me sometimes. whyyyyyy cant i find a dominican salon in TX. woe is me
frown.gif

i think i did sweat it out some in my sleep, plus the high humidity recently would explain my wavy roots in some parts. i just don't understand how --after she blew my hair so straight that she had to bump the ends-- all the curls from the roller set came back. very strange. i will definitely be going back though. i think i will have them wrap it after the roller set instead of blow drying it, though, to cut down on the volume.

I think that's a great way to go. Just keep getting them done and you're hair will eventually stay the way she did it.

Back