My Fickle Hair History.....Help!

LoveisYou

I seem to have a problem with making any sort of committment to any of my hair decisions.

Here's a list of my hair history since starting my journey (it's been years)

1. started at ear length
2. Grew it to shoulder length
3. Got bored so I got highlights
4. still bored so I decided to get a pixie cut
5. grew my hair back out to ear length with weaves
6. got bored again and did the pixie cut again
7. decided to transition and ended up doing the big chop in October 2007
8. relapsed in February 2009 (relaxed and pixie cut)
9. big chopped again in October 2009

See a pattern? Since the beginning, I've wanted to grow my hair. However, I lack patience and get bored very easily. I recently bc'ed and I'm bored again :(. I still want to try and grow my hair. What is the best option for a someone like me to ensure that I stick with my hair journey and stay away from the scissors? I would appreciate your suggestions.

washize

I seem to have a problem with making any sort of committment to any of my hair decisions.

Here's a list of my hair history since starting my journey (it's been years)

1. started at ear length
2. Grew it to shoulder length
3. Got bored so I got highlights
4. still bored so I decided to get a pixie cut
5. grew my hair back out to ear length with weaves
6. got bored again and did the pixie cut again
7. decided to transition and ended up doing the big chop in October 2007
8. relapsed in February 2009 (relaxed and pixie cut)
9. big chopped again in October 2009

See a pattern? Since the beginning, I've wanted to grow my hair. However, I lack patience and get bored very easily. I recently bc'ed and I'm bored again :(. I still want to try and grow my hair. What is the best option for a someone like me to ensure that I stick with my hair journey and stay away from the scissors? I would appreciate your suggestions.

You seem to like yoru hair short. You need to ask yourself if you really want long hair. IF you do, I suggest getting your hair in cornrows, or flat twists. And buying a pixie wig, or a wig that you will not be bored with. I just think that you like short hair because you keep getting the same hair cut, you would get a diffrent cut if you were bored.

LoveisYou

You seem to like yoru hair short. You need to ask yourself if you really want long hair. IF you do, I suggest getting your hair in cornrows, or flat twists. And buying a pixie wig, or a wig that you will not be bored with. I just think that you like short hair because you keep getting the same hair cut, you would get a diffrent cut if you were bored.

I do like short hair, but I also want and like long hair. Wigs and weaves sound like a good idea. I like the idea of a pixie wig:yep:.

PPGbubbles

Well you see your own problem! Patience is a virture... hair growth does not come overnight! Most longer length take years to achieve (but Im sure you are well aware of that by now)

I would suggest aggressively Proctective styling but u cut after a weave... Perhaps put yourself on a 2-3 year NO CUT challenge... only S&D and if you need a new look get it via weave

I dont know what else to say. It is perfectly okay to have style ADD just dont take it out on your hair!!! cut someone elses..... next pixie cut betta be a fly 27 piece weave lmao!!!!

btw I love that audrey hepburn quote :)

LoveisYou

Well you see your own problem! Patience is a virture... hair growth does not come overnight! Most longer length take years to achieve (but Im sure you are well aware of that by now)

I would suggest aggressively Proctective styling but u cut after a weave... Perhaps put yourself on a 2-3 year NO CUT challenge... only S&D and if you need a new look get it via weave

I dont know what else to say. It is perfectly okay to have style ADD just dont take it out on your hair!!! cut someone elses..... next pixie cut betta be a fly 27 piece weave lmao!!!!

btw I love that audrey hepburn quote :)

Yea, there is some major hair ADD going on:lachen:

I joined the weave challenge, so I'm going to weave for awhile and get some wigs when I'm off weaves. Honestly, I'm not comfortable with the idea of wearing a wig, but I'll get over it, lol. At least I can get the change without making permanent and regretable hair decisions.

I'm going to write these down.