My failed Elucence experiment

jazzyfunknastee

Well, I tried to use Elucence as a setting lotion and my hair came out horribly wrong. First I washed with Elucence's Clarifying Shampoo and then did a hot oil treatment with olive oil and cinnamon. I wash with CON and deep treated wih CPR. After that I used Elucence, rinsed and reapplied the Elucence. My hair was kinda tangly but I wasn't too concerned until the next step. I applied Break-Free and a bit of the Healthy Ends. That did it. My hair was tangled and hard. I tried to comb it with my wide tooth seamless comb and it wasn't happening. Then as a last resort, I decided to use a medium rat tail comb, some Elasta QP foam and rollerset anyway. I swear I heard my hair go "Oh no she didn't!
naughty.gif
" I just gave up and pushed it all back and left it alone. It's still wet but I'm thinking of just jumping in the shower and rewashing to see if that helps. I have no idea what went wrong but the only thing I did different was the cinnamon. I don't even know what to do. I don't want to use my flat iron/curling iron but it looks like I'll have to again.
frown.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
inthestars said:
What are the ingredients in Elucence?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ginseng, Irish Moss, Brewer's Yeast, Gingko Biloba, Anise, Peach, Biotin (vitamin H), Panthenol (pro-vitamin B-5), Squalane (derived from Olives), and Capric Caprillic Triglycerides.

You did a lot with your shampoo...do you always do that...so many products? It sounds like you may have over did it. I notice when I use to many products my hair comes out hard. I stick to one or 2 products(especially after I do my final rinse). If I do a deep conditioing I don't do the hot oil thing. Also if you introduce new products in your routine, try to limit it to one at a time...so you know which is the culprit. Also some products just don't work well together. Knowing me, I'd reshampoo(lightly) and just do a rinse out with conditioner...I wouldn't repeat all the other stuff you did again this time.

Jazz,

I have to agree with Sweetcocoa:

You did a lot with your shampoo...do you always do that...so many products? It sounds like you may have over did it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also if you introduce new products in your routine, try to limit it to one at a time...so you know which is the culprit.

[/ QUOTE ]

The second quote is SO true...be able to track where the problem started.

~Jade~

sweetcocoa said:
You did a lot with your shampoo...do you always do that...so many products?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. I usually use all those except the cinnamon. I actually do the whole routine week after week and my hair always comes out soft and detangled (with the CPR on alternating weeks). I just did one lathering with CON, and a bit of Elucence and it's the same. My hair may be getting back at me because I wasn't moisturizing enough this week (I was sick and the last thing I wanted to think about was my hair). Unfortunately, I'll have to let it dry and then straighten with the flat iron. At least it's ceramic
crazy.gif

I started using Elucence conditioner in June 2002. I stopped using it in March 2003 because it no longer detangled my hair. I gave both the Elucence shampoo and conditioner to my Mom.

Back