My Djiboutian Salon experience

YummyC

Hello everyone,
I just wanted to share my experience here in Africa thus far. The ladies here in Djibouti are really nice. They all have 2b, 3c type hair and its really pretty. I found a salon and the owner is from Ethiopia, she also had a roller wrap going on that was super soft and bra strap length. All the women here cover their hair when they go outside, but indoors they unmask. It averages about 115 degrees here everyday, so its a task to keep any moisture in the hair. My local sisters had me covered. A lovely sun hat helps during the peak of the day when the sun is just beaming down from all angles.
They love to use motions and they have this "steamer" dryer, where they put the conditioner in and you sit under the steamer for about 15 minutes without a cap. I felt at ease so I didn't force to use the products that I had with me. I only speak enough French to get by but they were patient. Long story short, my worries are over :)
I'll be here for six months and I'll be visiting that salon regularly.
Next step is to get some local clothes, they charge more if you are a foreigner lol