Curl Formers (New Size) - Super Long Spiral Kit?

MsJamerican

My hair is currently 10" long and I am growing it to 35" long (Classic Length on me). Should I buy the "Super Long Spiral Curls" Curlformers (They are the longest the line has ever made. 29 inches/75cms). I want to be able to stretch my natural hair so I can stop getting ssk and tangles. Wouldn't it be a better investment to get those verses the 14" ones that my hair will eventually be too long for?

On the official website they said if your hair is too long for the set you can slip the curl formers down so is covers your ends. When I do that in the future with the 29" ones it will still look right verses the shorter ones. I don't want to spend money on their products twice.

I may be over thinking but I need feedback.

http://www.curlformers.com/styling-kit-spiral-curls.htm

Last edited:

JJamiah

That is what I did in order to not have to spend double. Unfortunately, 29" wasn't out at the time...

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
OP, I hate putting perm rods on my hair that sticks out of the Curlformers. The website normally has a 20% off discount for BF and Cyber Monday. Also, you can order the 29" Curlformers here at less expense. The option is No. 18, which is the last one.

nlamr2013

Gurl bu ebay has them at a fraction of the price they dry faster and are long. Ill measure when I get home

MsJamerican

That is what I did in order to not have to spend double. Unfortunately, 29" wasn't out at the time...

Thank you for responding. This reassures my decision.

Did your hair shrink up in the curl former right before you took the rod out since it's still "open"?

OP, I hate putting perm rods on my hair that sticks out of the Curlformers. The website normally has a 20% off discount for BF and Cyber Monday. Also, you can order the 29" Curlformers here at less expense. The option is No. 18, which is the last one.

This is great. Thank You so much! :)

Blairx0

i had both the knock off and the name brand. COuldn't tell the difference once I mixed them up

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
^^ I know the above question wasn't directed towards me, but I air dry my hair in them. Also, my hair looks chemically or thermally relaxed when I use them. HTH!

Last edited:

Lilmama1011

I don't own them yet but when I do own and use them, I would air dry over night in them.

They are hell to sleep in even though I saw a video where the girl put it up in a ponytail and went to sleep, I was thinking wouldn't my hair come out sticking straight up. But that was the worst sleep with them in my hair

MsJamerican

They are hell to sleep in even though I saw a video where the girl put it up in a ponytail and went to sleep, I was thinking wouldn't my hair come out sticking straight up. But that was the worst sleep with them in my hair

I seen a video by Naptural85. She gave tips on how to sleep in them comfortably. You loosen them at the roots a bit, then you put the front sides in ponytails so they won't get in your way and you move the back around based on how you want to sleep...

JJamiah

I sleep fine and I'm with no loosening. I use one of my kids to 2t or 3t t- shirt over the curlformers and my head so they barely move. comfort isn't an issue when I do this.

MsJamerican

You ladies think 40 is enough or do I need more?

I was thinking of buying 2 packs (I am waiting for some type of discount or sale on ebay. I never shopped on that site before).

Last edited:

RUBY

I've just seen the new sizes on the curlformers website but I'm gonna wait for the Black Friday sale to buy.

MsJamerican

I've just seen the new sizes on the curlformers website but I'm gonna wait for the Black Friday sale to buy.

I don't buy anything during Black Friday because many companies trick people during that time. They hike up the price, mark it down then call it a sale so they don't lose much money...

Ogoma

I want to buy the dupe. I have the regular long ones.

I noticed it is being shipped from China. Did you guys have any problems with the vendor? How long did it take you to receive it?

Ogoma

I don't buy anything during Black Friday because many companies trick people during that time. They hike up the price, mark it down then call it a sale so they don't lose much money...

For something like this that the price is already known, I am not sure jacking up the price would work just before BF.

Sally had a good deal last BF.

yellagirl730

Sleeping in Curlformers is so uncomfortable, I keep dh awake with all my tossing and turning. Have you ladies seen the dryer that attaches to your blow dryer? I bought one at Sally's and it dries the hair pretty fast, just have to figure out what to do so they won't flatten when sleeping because I refuse to sleep with them in my hair.