Curl Formers

Guinan

Re-Branding
Are you ladies sleeping in your curlformers? Or do you air dry them? Also what's your night time routine? How do you refresh in the mornings? TIA.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

I tried sleeping with the CF but they are too uncomfortable to sleep in. I usually airdry for a couple of hrs & then use a hair dryer. To fresh, I spritz some AVJ 2xs a day. B/c I keep the curls pinned up, I don't have much to do but take my bonnet off & spritz AVJ.

sexypebbly

Thanks OP for this thread. I plan on using curlformers once I take these twist out. I got some from amazon but thinking I should get more to be on the safe side. I got a pack of 24

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Thanks OP for this thread. I plan on using curlformers once I take these twist out. I got some from amazon but thinking I should get more to be on the safe side. I got a pack of 24

Be sure to post your experience if you don't mind. I can't wait to get some. I may try the cheaper knock off ones or find some on ebay or amazon as well. If they work out fine then I will just use those. If they don't I might and that's a iffy kind of might invest in the originals.

HPG

VivaMac

I don't have any pictures to share however thanks to the OP for this thread. My tightly coily hair looks shiny and nice though somewhat anemic :blush: when I have removed the curlformers in the past but then the curls fall right away (within hours - especially if I have to sing and move around at church) they do not last:nono: My hair is fine so that may mean that I should stay away from the oil. I love that my hair is stretched but there is no style. Maybe I'll try it again this weekend with the Lottabody or flaxseed gel. I used Nairobi in the past (which I love but it doesn't give a hard enough hold). Another thing - the last two times I did this I slept in them and my scalp was sooooooooooo sore - it wasn't always that way.:perplexed

This has been my experience with curlformers as well, I have fine hair that does not hold a set.

Any fine hair ladies have any luck getting their set to hold; how were you able to achieve it?

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I got the knockoff versions off ebay as it's not worth spending that much to get the actual thing. The only thing I got from the actual site was their portable blowdryer as mine couldn't fit the generic curlformers in and I got tired of sleeping in them overnight.

I agree. I have both real and knockoffs. They are the exact same. The only difference for me was the hook. I prefer the real Curlformer hook. The knockoff kept snagging my hair. I'll post pics from my phone in a little bit.

I used to use either Keracare or Motions foam wrap lotion when I was relaxed. I've only done one set now that I'm natural. I used Jane Carter Wrap & Roll to try a natural product. I hated it. I'm still trying to figure out what to use on my natural hair. I may go back to "non-natural" products.

Here are curlformer pics from during my transition:

image-4272493762.jpg

image-2553807251.jpg

image-3899075021.jpg

Last edited:

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I agree. I have both real and knockoffs. They are the exact same. The only difference for me was the hook. I prefer the real Curlformer hook. The knockoff kept snagging my hair. I'll post pics from my phone in a little bit.

I used to use either Keracare or Motions foam wrap lotion when I was relaxed. I've only done one set now that I'm natural. I used Jane Carter Wrap & Roll to try a natural product. I hated it. I'm still trying to figure out what to use on my natural hair. I may go back to "non-natural" products.

Here are curlformer pics from during my transition:

Really nice....

Are you switching products just bc you are looking for something natural or does the Keracare or Motions not work for your natural hair?

HPG

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
Really nice....

Are you switching products just bc you are looking for something natural or does the Keracare or Motions not work for your natural hair?

HPG

I wanted to try something natural, but I'm slowly relaxing on my use of all natural products. I haven't tried motions or keracare on my natural hair yet.

Amarilles

Mine finally arrived yesterday and tell me why I decided to wash my head at 11PM to try them out :look: I went to sleep at 3AM (Curlformers took me 3 whole hours to install) wearing my soft bonnet hair dryer on the low/cool setting so make sure that it dried :ohwell: I did however wake up to perfectly dry hair so at least it wasn't for nothing, haha.

I got the hang of it real good at the end so I do hope I start cutting down on the install time with practice.

Attachments

• 20130912_033409.jpg
    20130912_033409.jpg
    336.8 KB · Views: 61
  • 20130912_095826.jpg
    20130912_095826.jpg
    450.2 KB · Views: 80
  • 20130912_103828.jpg
    20130912_103828.jpg
    340.7 KB · Views: 93

JJamiah

It takes me an hour to install, :) but I love them have used them from shoulder to Tailbone length (I had to cut hair off that stuck out from under the curl formers...YEP, didn't care) I used it relaxed an natural.

JJamiah

ForumRunner_20130912_152811.jpg

ForumRunner_20130912_152852.jpg

ForumRunner_20130912_153033.jpg

ForumRunner_20130912_153309.jpg

My curl formers

SORRY In advance for the side pics, I don't know how to change it.. :(

Sent from my (SPH-L710) Galaxy III using LHCF

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Mine finally arrived yesterday and tell me why I decided to wash my head at 11PM to try them out :look: I went to sleep at 3AM (Curlformers took me 3 whole hours to install) wearing my soft bonnet hair dryer on the low/cool setting so make sure that it dried :ohwell: I did however wake up to perfectly dry hair so at least it wasn't for nothing, haha.

I got the hang of it real good at the end so I do hope I start cutting down on the install time with practice.

You did a gr8 job!

HPG

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
My curl formers

SORRY In advance for the side pics, I don't know how to change it.. :(

Sent from my (SPH-L710) Galaxy III using LHCF

Wow you would cut the ends? Did that make your hair noticeably uneven? Very pretty sets btw.

HPG

JJamiah

Thank you :)

Yes it was uneven, LOL
I got a hair cut a few weeks later.. She was like :perplexed lololol

I truly just would prefer a nice style then long hair :) and it was still long, just not as long... :look:

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
JJamiah, you betta' buy some 29" knock off curlformers on eBay in lieu of cutting off your hair to fit the curlformers. :whip: :badgirl: Or use some perm rods on the ends that are sticking out.

OAN: That first photo is everything! :gorgeous: It could be used in a skincare ad campaign. Your skin looks flawless! It kind of reminds me of an Ambi ad from when Ebony was big.

gn1g

It takes me an hour to install, :) but I love them have used them from shoulder to Tailbone length (I had to cut hair off that stuck out from under the curl formers...YEP, didn't care) I used it relaxed an natural.

I need you to do my set, where are you located? :lachen:

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I have, but I don't have any pictures. It came out very nice though. It looked like a short afro of loose curls.

Thanks for sharing. That's what I'm thinking mine will come out like once I buy them and set.

HPG

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Hey HairPleezeGrow. You know my hair is short and very fine. I used them around NL. I think I posted pics in the TWA thread way back. Dont have the pics now.

My hair looked bone-laxed. But the nature of my hair is it stretches easily. I was ok with it, but with low density it wasnt as full to my liking. I will use them again but with bigger sections so the roots don't get so straight.

Also, yea, i sleep with them. THey dont cause me to lose any sleep when tied down with a durag and a bonnet on top.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Hey HairPleezeGrow. You know my hair is short and very fine. I used them around NL. I think I posted pics in the TWA thread way back. Dont have the pics now.

My hair looked bone-laxed. But the nature of my hair is it stretches easily. I was ok with it, but with low density it wasnt as full to my liking. I will use them again but with bigger sections so the roots don't get so straight.

Also, yea, i sleep with them. THey dont cause me to lose any sleep when tied down with a durag and a bonnet on top.

Thanks for sharing! I will look at that thread to see if I can locate your pics.

HPG

faithVA

[USER=10041 said:
JJamiah[/USER];18961853]It takes me an hour to install, :) but I love them have used them from shoulder to Tailbone length (I had to cut hair off that stuck out from under the curl formers...YEP, didn't care) I used it relaxed an natural.

At tailbone length how many curlformers do you have to use on 1 section?

JJamiah

At tailbone length how many curlformers do you have to use on 1 section?

actually whatever stuck out of the longest length that they have, I cut it off. I did not re check the length after my Curlformer cut. I truly just enjoyed the style.

JJamiah

JJamiah, you betta' buy some 29" knock off curlformers on eBay in lieu of cutting off your hair to fit the curlformers. :whip: :badgirl: Or use some perm rods on the ends that are sticking out.

OAN: That first photo is everything! :gorgeous: It could be used in a skincare ad campaign. Your skin looks flawless! It kind of reminds me of an Ambi ad from when Ebony was big.

I Thanked this message when you wrote it and didn't realize you said 29 inch. I will definitely be checking out eBay for the longer length.