My boyfriend wants to learn how to do my hair!!!

InNeedofHairapy

I think it's sweet, and you should let him help. Sounds like he not only wants to help you, but to cut your hair time in half so he can spend more time with you.

indigodiva

I'm officially hating now! Girl I'd give anything for my man to say those words! LOL! First, I'd have to get him to realize that its ok to put non tradtional things in your hair..he still can't get over the fact that i put egg in my ORS mayo!:lol:

rdm

Teach him!!! You will need it, especially as your hair gets longer. He is a "keeper".

lana

I think this is very sweet. Let's just remember that we should be just as interested in their "hobbies" as they are in ours. My bf told me that the best side of my personal interest is how happy I get over hair. When I bought the MG I almost fainted with happiness. He was laughing with me because I was so happy.

Now I just have to exercise patience the next time he wants to go fishing. I enjoy fishing and being on the boat..but when it gets dark I'm ready to go HOME! He on the other hand insists that fish can't see as well in the dark so they should be easier to catch.

I just have to keep in mind that he's just as into fishing as I am with hair. :)

spelmanlocks

That is really sweet. My SO once spent about three hours helping me to detangle my hair after it matted really badly.

Everything Zen

lana said:
I think this is very sweet. Let's just remember that we should be just as interested in their "hobbies" as they are in ours. My bf told me that the best side of my personal interest is how happy I get over hair. When I bought the MG I almost fainted with happiness. He was laughing with me because I was so happy.

Now I just have to exercise patience the next time he wants to go fishing. I enjoy fishing and being on the boat..but when it gets dark I'm ready to go HOME! He on the other hand insists that fish can't see as well in the dark so they should be easier to catch.

I just have to keep in mind that he's just as into fishing as I am with hair. :)

Oh absolutely! We're both musicians in bands so we have a great time jamming out and he's playing bass on my upcoming record but his other passion is golf. I am very interested in learning so he takes me to the driving ranges and tomorrow we're watching the British open.

jtsupanova

That is sooo sweet! Train him good girl, shout I wish my man was willing to do my hair. I'd have him twisting and roller setting like it wasn't nuthin

Zawaj

Definitely take him up on his offer! I asked my fiancee' if he would ever help me with my hair very early in the courtship and he said of course :D that's how I knew he was the one :lol:! the fact that he is willing whether I ever take him up on it means alot!

Babydall818

THat is awesome that he's showing interest like that~! Good guy.

Let him learn. Education beat ignorance.
I had to deal with that too - interracial relationships are great learning experiences.

LocksOfLuV

ella said:
Ditto.
Einmal und nie wieder!

I would let him help you tough,when I saw your thread I immediatly asked DH if he would help me too.To me this is just sooo sweet

I want him to help me flatiron because everything else I really love doing.

I made a thread about it on DGz (hair board):lol: I even posted pics.

rabs77

JenFleets said:
He didn't understand what the big deal is because he washes his hair in 5 minutes blah blah blah... He thought that when I didn't want to hang out tonight, it was because I was blowing him off and washing my hair was an excuse. So I explained to him how much work goes into it (he's Irish) and then told him about the forum and he turns around and said he wants to help me and learn how to do it! :eek: I mean everything- wash, flat iron, curl, etc...

Any thoughts?

You've got a good man, my friend:) Hold onto him. I found out yesterday that my sister's boyfriend sometimes sews her weave's in for her. Was kinda jealous when I heard that:ohwell: He is English(white), I wonder if this is a U.K. thing?

tnorenberg

rabs77 said:
You've got a good man, my friend:) Hold onto him. I found out yesterday that my sister's boyfriend sometimes sews her weave's in for her. Was kinda jealous when I heard that:ohwell: He is English(white), I wonder if this is a U.K. thing?

Where are these men at!:eek: My DH is Phillipino and I can't even get him to massage my feet. :( :lol:

DivaRox

STLCoverGirl said:
Teach him, I think it's sweet. My SO is always asking me if I need to take more pics of my hair, he loves to take the length shots from behind. He gets real serious, like he will grab the brush and make sure every hair is perfect it is soo funny. He has the nerve to get mad if I move, lol. Unfortunately, half of the pics he is supposed to take of the back of my head end up being focused at my bootay, lol.:lachen: What would we do without men?

Oooh, this was too cute!! Jen I say let him and enjoy every minute of it. This is a rare offering(from my experience) so have fun teaching him a thing or two.

Angelicus

My SO still believes that suds=clean so he tangles up my hair when he shampoos it. I try to tell him nicely that it's the friction from your fingers that get the hair clean-- not the suds. And also, he doesn't understand that I need a handful of conditioner in my hand as opposed to the speck that he believes that I need :nono:

I try to be thankful but when he leaves, I get back in the shower and do it over :lol:

vandidix

I say let him help. I try to get my hubby to help me with my hair and he runs in the opposite direction. Literally...runs! :whyme: