His hair is like mine but its like your too!

Nia430

Ok so this bothered me. I have a three year old son and me and his father are no longer together. Just a lil back ground info his dad is mixed 1/2 black native american and mexican. So i have been trying to let my sons hair grow out in hopes of letting him get braids. But his dad keeps giving him whack hair cuts behind my back :nono:. So its growing out again and this weekend his dad says what are we going to do about his hair. So im like let it grow out like yours (he has long hair). So he says well he has hair like mine but its like yours too. :swordfigh So of course im like whats wrong with my hair. So he goes into his speach about how it does not look like his he wants to cut it blah blah blah. My son has curls for days and i dont see anything wrong with his texture I love it but thats my baby. Would this have pissed u off?

Attachments

• den1.bmp
    172.9 KB · Views: 290

C@ssandr@

formerly known as "keyawarren"
I'd be upset. I don't see what's wrong with growing it out as long as it's moisturized. Why are people afraid of natural hair? And if he's gonna cut your son's hair why doesn't he ever get him good shape ups and not the whack ones?

Leesh

You could have taken it One of two ways, I'm not too sure so I won't comment on that, I sometimes come off to be too negative, (so I've been told), I must say that I sometimes agree, so I don't want to lean You toward negativity if it very well may not be. But on the other hand, His Father also needs to respect Your wishes as well, You do have a say. But I had to say Your Baby is Absolutely Adorable!

Chameleonchick

I don't want to sound negative either, but at first dh would cut my son's hair off too, and I always wanted him to have braids. So I put my foot down and told him we are not cutting his hair anymore. It has been growing out for the past two years, no cuts only trims. Maybe (whenever it gets longer) he has to see you put it in a style. The thing that really irritates me about your situation is how he said his hair is like yours too. WTH is that suppossed to mean? His hair is beautiful I hope you can grow it out.

knt1229

So is he saying the child's hair is too "nappy" or "bad" for it to look nice if grown out. Or does he not want his son to have long hair?

Well if his problem is with the texture then I would be pissed too. And I would tell him to keep his hands out of my son's hair. And I would tell him that I am raising my son to love all of himself and to understand that all of his African American features are to be valued and not something to be ashamed of unlike his self hating father.

:lachen:Ok you can leave the self-hating part out. I would only say that if wanted to piss him off. You know for effect. :lachen:

But seriously you might want to leave the self-hating part out...if you want to :look:

ActionActress

Nia,

Your baby is ADORABLE!!! Look at the cute belly. I want more babies myself....yes even at my age.:yep:

Is that a Cavs shirt there??

Eritreladiee

Baby daddy’s reasoning or commentary on you and your son's hair texture wouldn't really piss me off. But I'd be pretty pissed that he has the upper hand in this situation (you can't control what he does to your son's hair while under his care) and is basically making the matter non-negotiable.

Convincing or guilting him into believing your son’s hair is “good” enough to grow out probably won’t work. If it were me, I'd probably use my upper hand (where ever that lies) in a way that would piss him off and send the message that I too have the ability to make things non-negotiable if i wanted- that's if he really wanted to play that game.

I don't even like braids or long hair on boys/men, but the whole non-negotiable thing would seriously irk me- and that's what I would do....

Also, your lil one is soooo sweet- I could just tell.

BostonMaria

For me I guess it would depend on what exactly he means. My cousin's son has beautiful, black wavy hair and his father ended up cutting it very short. My cousin was mad, but the father said he did it because everyone thought the baby was a girl *LOL* He did actually, but damn he could've at least asked permission.

If you really want him to grow his hair out I say put your foot down. If he's worried about the baby's hair being groomed then that's a different discussion that you and your ex should have.

ChristmasCarol

Hey, I'm glad to see the CAVS being repped up North!

Your son's hair is cute! I like short hair on boys - nothing to do with hairtype. If his father's hair was short, I would say to let him look like his father. But, his father has long hair, so his reasoning for cutting it is...whack.

HairBarbie

I can understand why he's cutting his hair. No offense, but if I had a son I would not allow his hair to be braided. :perplexed

Nia430

So is he saying the child's hair is too "nappy" or "bad" for it to look nice if grown out. Or does he not want his son to have long hair?
:lachen:Ok you can leave the self-hating part out. I would only say that if wanted to piss him off. You know for effect. :lachen:

But seriously you might want to leave the self-hating part out...if you want to :look:

His problem isn't the long hair because he has long hair he just has a problem with the texture because it doesn't look like his.

I think I might leave the self hating part out.:lachen:

Nia430

I can understand why he's cutting his hair. No offense, but if I had a son I would not allow his hair to be braided. :perplexed

Its not that big of a deal to me for him to have braids but his comment just pissed me off. I think im gonna have to cut it because I just cant take another whack hair cut. Last time I had to get it cut almost bald to fix it:sad: