My Big Chop!

nikki5852

hey all I finally big chopped (Sept. 25th, 2009). My plan was to transition until june of next year which would have been 20 months but I couldn't take it anymore and ended up chopping at 9 months and 3 weeks.

I got it chopped at the Michael Bianc salon in nj and the service was AMAZING! After she chopped it she fingercoiled my hair and sat me under the dryer.
day1.jpg
day2.jpg
This is day 1 and day 2 after getting it styled at the salon.

d3.jpg
First pic is my hair wet with no product. The rest are my attempts at two strand twists.

d4.jpg
d5.jpg
I kept the twists in for a day and then did a twist out.

countrychickd

Congrats lady! Your hair is so long and thick! You did a great job with your transition, and your hair is just gorgeous!

nikki2229

Pretty hair. Congrats on your BC!
Do you mind me asking how much they charged to do your BC and style? I live in NJ and when it's time to end my transition, I may go to a salon but I don't want them over chopping.

Vonnieluvs08

Congrats!! Your hair looks great. Thanks for sharing. Come join us in the BC Thread Tracker.

OT: How did you get your pics side by side like that?

nikki5852

Pretty hair. Congrats on your BC!
Do you mind me asking how much they charged to do your BC and style? I live in NJ and when it's time to end my transition, I may go to a salon but I don't want them over chopping.

I'm not sure of the price because my cousin paid for it for me and never told me the price but they have a website. It's http://michaelbianc.com/
the service was great, i arrived 45 minutes earlier than my appointment and they had no problem getting me started right away and they work really quick. I watched one stylist straighten and trim another customer's hair in like 30 minutes. They cater to all types of hair, natural, relaxed, dreads, etc. i definitely recommend it.

nikki5852

thanks for the compliments ladies :D at first I was a little apprehensive especially after my mother's reaction (she hated it and had no problem verbally expressing her dislike of my hair lol) but I love it and i'm sooooooooo glad the transition is over

MummysGirl

Congratulations :) You have beautiful hair and AMAZING growth for almost 10 months!

I'm only a couple of weeks behind you and I don't think I have as much new growth.

Enjoy your natural journey, I'll join you in June 2010 :)