My 1st Year Naturalversity

ScorpioRising

Professional Lurker
My 1st Year Naturalversary*

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to I guess, celebrate my first year since big chopping! I chopped it a year ago today after transitioning for 6 months. I had been getting relaxers since I was 5 and had no idea what my actual hair texture looked like. I was a 'salon baby' and never managed my own hair. :perplexed

I went through several set backs after big chopping and had to cut off about 3 inches of hair since bc'ing, but at 8 mo's post I finally got the hang of it all. :yep:

Below are pictures of my hair thinning after I started using 'no lye' ( :rolleyes: ) relaxers, my transition, my big chop (my hair was a H.A.M !), and now. Even after having to cut off 3' of hair, I managed to retain 6-7 inches :grin:

DSCF0111.jpg

310812_739051288415_28400028_36611314_1024386419_n.jpg

-3.jpg

11.5months6.JPG

Last edited:
Oh!!

I was about to sign off and I thought wow, they have a school for natural hair care now. Like, University...Naturalversity. I think we call it a naturalversary like anniversary. I may be wrong though and I'm sure somebody will come in in a few to set me straight.

No snark meant , I had to laugh at myself when I came into the thread. Truly your natural hair looks thick and healthy. That fro is beauty

Congrats on your first year! I love your hair and styling in that last photo; very divalicious.

Oh!!

I was about to sign off and I thought wow, they have a school for natural hair care now. Like, University...Naturalversity. I think we call it a naturalversary like anniversary. I may be wrong though and I'm sure somebody will come in in a few to set me straight.

No snark meant , I had to laugh at myself when I came into the thread. Truly your natural hair looks thick and healthy. That fro is beauty

me too I was like WoW :spinning:

In any case OP your curly fro is really nice !!!!

Yes, I love the shape too!! You look great!

And that lil' one is a cutie pie!

I kinda consider the hair boards a Naturalversity for me cause I've been schooled ever since I started stalking them. But I knew what you meant and thought it was cute :)

Oh!!

EEEEK!! That's exactly what I meant :lol: I made the forum then logged off and didn't even notice. Thanks for pointing that out !

Last edited:
Your hair is so pretty in the last pic. Is that a wng?

Thank you! Yes it is :)

Gorgeous! How did you achieve the last look?

Sent from my iPad2 using LHCF

Thank you! I applied some Giovanni's DLI after washing then parted my hair into 5 sections and raked in some Kiss My Face Upper Management Gel, then let it air dry :)

@Leesh and Ogoma I haven't gotten it shaped yet, that's its natural shape. I've actually been self conscious about that and wanted to make a Deva Cut appt stat, so thank you :)

ScorpioRising...Thank you . I was afraid you would be offended. I was truly laughing at myself for thinking there's a school for natural hair now.

As a matter of fact , I've been natural for over 8 years now and BC'd 2x in those years but I've never worn an all out fro. I basically do twist outs or other protective styles. I think I'll try to do mine like yours before it gets too long.

@ScorpioRising...Thank you . I was afraid you would be offended. I was truly laughing at myself for thinking there's a school for natural hair now.

As a matter of fact , I've been natural for over 8 years now and BC'd 2x in those years but I've never worn an all out fro. I basically do twist outs or other protective styles. I think I'll try to do mine like yours before it gets too long.

LOL! I actually appreciated that, I have a chronic illness so my brain is :spinning: sometimes.

And yea I do wng's most of the time, along with updo's and twist/braid outs. I did protective styles my first few months, but my scalp needs to be washed at least twice a week and the curls at my crown are loose. My hair would start looking a mess quickly, so it proved to be futile lol.

ScorpioRising....
Noooo, leave it alone. That is flyy. Looks like it was cut/styled like that. Its gorgeous.
I saw a pic of a girl whose hair was very similar. And I fell in love. Ima see if I can find it.

This isnt the exact pic I mentioned above, but its very similar. But none the less, FLYY!!! :yep:

Attachments

• Curly-Natural-Black-Hairstyles.jpg
    Curly-Natural-Black-Hairstyles.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 19
Back