My BIG CHOP (pics inside)

brebre928

My plan was to either BC at 9 months post (Sept 27 a day before my bday) or at least wait until next year or so. But on May 23rd I was 4 months post relaxer, I went into the bathroom with a spray bottle, conditioner and scissors. I looked at myself in the mirror and kept sayin "Are you sure you want to do this Bre"...I wet my hair applied conditoner and..."SNIP" I started with the middle first, I took a little bit off, than I moved towards the front, than the back and eventually all of the relaxed ends were gone.

I didn't feel any kind of way after I finished cutting. I'm used to rocking a short cut...I've had the "Rihanna", and the "Nia Long" cut. I like the way my natural hair feels, I can't wait until it grows out more...I love playing with my coils and everything. ok, ok, ok, I know you guys want to see some pics...lol, so here you go.

NOTE: This pic was NOT taken the day of the BC, this is what my hair looked like a couple of weeks ago.

hair-1.jpg

Relaxed ends:

Hair2-1.jpg

Afterwards:
Hair3-1.jpg

The next day...I pulled it back with a head band:
Hair4-1.jpg

Hair5.jpg

The look definitely suits you! It looks like you have quite a bit of growth for 4 months considering the shrinkage....Beautiful!!......I wish I could go natural without giving my grandmother (who is 90 btw) a heart attack!

Congratulations bre....it's beautiful!

Slightly OT: but the look that you have on your blog with the jet black hair do you mind me asking if you flat ironed/wrapped to obtain that style?
tia,
tishee

Congratulations bre....it's beautiful!

Slightly OT: but the look that you have on your blog with the jet black hair do you mind me asking if you flat ironed/wrapped to obtain that style?
tia,
tishee

Are you talkin about the pic with the White eyeshadow? If so, that's not my hair, that's a wig :)

Congrats on the BC lady! I was so waiting on you to post pictures! So, you're gorgeous, and the BC is gorgeous as well. It really looks great on you. Rock it with pride lady!

Last edited:
Gorgeous! Congrats!

I think the summer will see a lot of impromptu big chops. That's when I did mine: near the beginning of June 2002, at 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning.

Back