Mud Hair Wash=NO DC?

HanaKuroi

I don't know why I stopped weekly mudwashing. I started monthly washing because I was concerned about doing it too often even though I had been mudding weekly for months and my hair loved it. Lesson learned. My routine was mudwash, aohsr or aorm and then hair dew and burnt sugar pomade and jbco every other day.

Damaged but not out

For the mixoligists out there.

I was tempted to buy this BUT I'm heavy handed, some months I wash 5-6 times, a $20(plus shipping) 16oz product won't last me long. G-d forbid I like it and get attached.

So instead I played around with my clays and came up with this. Usually my clay mixes are clay plus water or tea, greek yogurt consistenty

4oz multani mitti/bentonite clay ( i used multanni)
4oz rhassoul clay
2 fl oz aloe vera
2 tsp sea salt
3 tsp oil ( i used argan, baobab and hazlenut)
Enough water to achieve the terressential consistency

I washed like naptural85, acv first, followed by the clay wash on wet/dampish hair. I left it in for about 30-40 mins uncovered and rinsed. I was able to finger detangle, did not try combing. Even thought the clay mix was as watery as T-hair wash it was still too thick for a comb. My hair feels nicer than it does after a normal clay treatment, softer.

I will try this again, this is my most sucessful clay mix to date.I have never used salt or aloe in my clay mixes. Over the course I would like to use teas to bind, add essential oils. Add yogurt, exclude the salt. Then try it with salt yogurt and aloe.

HanaKuroi

Damaged but not out said:

I was tempted to buy this BUT I'm heavy handed, some months I wash 5-6 times, a $20(plus shipping) 16oz product won't last me long. G-d forbid I like it and get attached.

So instead I played around with my clays and came up with this. Usually my clay mixes are clay plus water or tea, greek yogurt consistenty

4oz rhassoul clay
2 fl oz aloe vera
2 tsp sea salt

I washed like naptural85, acv first, followed by the clay wash on wet/dampish hair. I left it in for about 30-40 mins uncovered and rinsed. I was able to finger detangle, did not try combing. Even thought the clay mix was as watery as T-hair wash it was still too thick for a comb. My hair feels nicer than it does after a normal clay treatment, softer.

I will try this again, this is my most sucessful clay mix to date.I have never used salt or aloe in my clay mixes. Over the course I would like to use teas to bind, add essential oils. Add yogurt, exclude the salt. Then try it with salt yogurt and aloe.

What is the salt for?

Curlykale

4oz rhassoul clay
2 fl oz aloe vera
2 tsp sea salt

This is interesting because products with salt or dead sea water (= salty water) have always been amazing on my hair. IT cuts through hard water, grease, and it leaves my hair very soft or it makes conditioners more effective, sort of the way apple cider vinegar rinses do. Maybe salt can be good, as long as one rinses it out. At the end of the day, people use baking soda which is harsher than salt, without ill effects. Always wondered this. Maybe there is a difference in salts as well, who knows.

ajargon02

@ajargon02
Thanks so much. I even have lindenflower extract. When you have all the kinks worked please post your mudwash. Do you dc after the mudwash?

I will certainly share it once it's ready :D

I don't have to dc anymore :D. If I am gonna dc, I will dc on dry dirty hair, then I will mud wash. After the mud wash, I will use a watered down creamy leave-in and seal with oil, twisting w/ fsg (flax seed gel)

nakialovesshoes

I've been on hiatus. I was happy to see this thread still going. I was doing my own mix but decided to return to the real thing. My hair loves this mud. After I use it, my hair is so light & fluffy.

I alternate between the lemon & the lavender. This is definitely a staple for me!

faithVA

I mudwashed yesterday with a mix of the lavender and lemon. I have mudwashed in weeks. My hair felt really good. I DCd as usual with my AO White Camellia. For some reason it went on very easy and I used far less than I usually do.

HanaKuroi

I mudwashed yesterday. I used vanilla silk dreams as a dc left it in for several hours. Put in a few big twists to dry until damp. Added a liberal amount of hair dew and sealed with jbco.

I was having tangling issues after sleeping in henna. The areas that got smooshed kept tangling. I even tried cones. I kept trying things on a small section of hair. I tried aohsr, matrix biologics detangling serum and balm. Nothing worked until I mudded. I also did a acv rinse to make sure my cuticles would lay down.

kinkycurlygurl

I was inspired to check out Terraessentials after seeing Naptural85's video. I felt that the price plus shipping was prohibitive so I set out to find a more wallet friendly option. That's how I came to re-purpose Queen Helene Mud Masque as my mud shampoo. I find I get the same easy detangling experience that the Terraessentials talk about and I don't use any conditioner at all. My hair feels clean, but not stripped after I wash and it holds moisture a lot better.
Best of all the product costs about $5 for 8 ounces and is available at most drug stores and beauty supply stores.

300.jpg

HanaKuroi

Terressentials ingredients: organic aloe vera juice, bentonite clay, organic extract of organic linden flower, essential oils of organic lemon, organic lime, organic extracts of organic nettle, organic chamomile, organic shavegrass, essential oils of bergamot, wildcrafted bay and organic pettigrain.

If not for the zinc oxide and parabens it might make a good base.

I don't know what phenoxyethanol is.

Last edited:

HanaKuroi

I looked it up.

"Phenoxyethanol is a preservative that is primarily used in cosmetics and medications. It also can depress the central nervous system and may cause vomiting and diarrhea".

They make a point in Europe to put on their products that they don't contain phenoxyethanol.

The FDA was warning against this ingredient as well.

faithVA

Terressentials ingredients: organic aloe vera juice, bentonite clay, organic extract of organic linden flower, essential oils of organic lemon, organic lime, organic extracts of organic nettle, organic chamomile, organic shavegrass, essential oils of bergamot, wildcrafted bay and organic pettigrain.

If not for the zinc oxide and parabens it might make a good base.

I don't know what phenoxyethanol is.

My hair is drier than most and low porosity. All of that extra stuff in the Terressentials helps my hair.

Thanks for the update on the phenoxyethanol.

HanaKuroi

I can't buy from Terressentials anymore because they only ship ups now.

Is there anywhere online that I can purchase the wash from?

AtlantaJJ

I watched the video, looked at the shipping cost and thought next! But I would love to explore making this mixture myself!

faithVA

[USER=17100 said:
AtlantaJJ[/USER];16249977]I watched the video, looked at the shipping cost and thought next! But I would love to explore making this mixture myself!

If you read through the thread, you can find those who are or have tried to make it themselves. There may be some tips to help you.

Ogoma

I can't buy from Terressentials anymore because they only ship ups now.

Is there anywhere online that I can purchase the wash from?

I just ordered from them and they shipped it through USPS.

I heard Sagenaturaceuticals takes phone orders and you can order from here as well: www.nothingnaughtynaturals.com

Phoenix14

Help! I've been using the Terresentials Lemon Wash and the first time it went great. However the two times since my scalp just hasn't felt clean. I have buildup leftover and I even preface using the wash with a ACV rinse like Naptural85. Any advice you ladies have would be great. TIA

faithVA

Help! I've been using the Terresentials Lemon Wash and the first time it went great. However the two times since my scalp just hasn't felt clean. I have buildup leftover and I even preface using the wash with a ACV rinse like Naptural85. Any advice you ladies have would be great. TIA

I've never had the issue but I know a few do. Dilute your mudwash with water first. Equal amounts of water to mudwash. Do you DC after?

You may want to do your ACV rinse after the mudwash and before your DC.

I know Naptural85 is washing her scalp with ACV to get it clean and then making sure she puts the mudwash on the 1" to 2" away from her scalp.

AtlantaJJ

I'm so late to the party, I never finished my research. :lol:

I'm trying to see if I should check out the mud wash.

I'll start reading again...

Last edited:

HanaKuroi

I haven't mudwashed in a really long time. I don't even know why. My routine is off. I need to write it down. I wish I could buy it locally. I am going to ask the hippy store to carry it.

nakialovesshoes

I still love the mud wash. I did have to do another detox though. I started using things like Surge, Ecostyler gel & that MN mix & because these products weren't truly natural I no longer got the great results that I was used to. I did away with all of my unnatural products, did a detox & am back in love with my hair!

faithVA

[USER=324511 said:
HanaKuroi[/USER];17385717]I am trying anita g's mud cubes. I want to see if this is better than terressentials.

Let us know how it goes. I remember seeing a review of it but I don't remember now.

I only buy 1 bottle of the mudwash a year, since I only use it once a month. At this time I will probably stick with it. Since you know I struggle with finding things that work with my hair :yep: