MSM Detox??

TrulyBlessed

Man this stuff can be the devil. So I've been taking MSM for about 5 months now and I haven't been having any major problems with it. I usually take it right after a meal. Well the other day I had a light breakfast (cereal) and I fixed a bottle of water with MSM in it. I intended to sip some after a midmorning snack but I caught myself sipping on it before then. About 2 hours later I started feeling extreeemely sleepy and dizzy and my tummy had this really empty feeling but no appetite at all. I snacked on a few crackers and half a sandwich and about 45 minutes later it all came back up. I took the rest of the day off and needless to say I'm still stuck at home with a headache, mild appetite, and fever and what my doctor diagnosed as a "virus". Is this possible that it could be a detox effect of MSM on an empty tummy? I probably only sipped about 500mg worth. Has anyone ever had a problem with MSM after using it for a long while?

Honey6928215

Tasha112 said:
Man this stuff can be the devil. So I've been taking MSM for about 5 months now and I haven't been having any major problems with it. I usually take it right after a meal. Well the other day I had a light breakfast (cereal) and I fixed a bottle of water with MSM in it. I intended to sip some after a midmorning snack but I caught myself sipping on it before then. About 2 hours later I started feeling extreeemely sleepy and dizzy and my tummy had this really empty feeling but no appetite at all. I snacked on a few crackers and half a sandwich and about 45 minutes later it all came back up. I took the rest of the day off and needless to say I'm still stuck at home with a headache, mild appetite, and fever and what my doctor diagnosed as a "virus". Is this possible that it could be a detox effect of MSM on an empty tummy? I probably only sipped about 500mg worth. Has anyone ever had a problem with MSM after using it for a long while?

Like the doctor said it may be a virus. I don't think MSM has anything to do with it.

HairPhoenix

Tasha112 said:

When you mentioned you were sipping on it before eating and started feeling bad, I was thinking your system was reacting to that. Most pharmaceuticals need to be taken with food. But then you said you had a fever, which is usually an indication of infection or virus. I don't think it's the MSM.

TrulyBlessed

I agree with you both, I guess I'm not completely denying that it is a virus but I know that detox consists of the body ridding itself of bacteria or viruses that remain dormant in the body, so I'm wondering if taking it on an empty stomach kind of "woke up" any bugs that were in my system.