Elasta QP + Motions CPR conditioner?

Soul♥Flower

ElastaQP Breakage Control + Motions CPR conditioner?

I want my hair to stop breaking off so I'm re-doing my regimen, using only products made to stop breakage. Anyway, I know Motions CPR works but I need it to work a little faster. I was thinking I could either use the Elasta breakage control serum as a pre poo while using motions, or using the motions and then using the elasta BC. Has anyone tried these two products together? How did you use them and what were your results? Any other kind of input would be greatly appreciated:D

Last edited:

LynnieB

i'm no expert but seems to me you really need to assess whether you're getting breakage due to lack of moisture or lack of protein.

if you can sort out which it is, i think that'd better determine which product would work well for your hair.

if you're already using alot of protein products then you're breakage will not get any better and could possibly get worse.

maybe you can post what you're doing now as far as pooing and conditioning....i think the gals can better steer you in the right direction then.

Soul♥Flower

I just took out my braids, but before I was using:
Shampoo: Optimum care Triple Strenth Shampoo
conditioner: Lekair Cholesterol:ohwell:
Leave-in: Optimum Care Tangle Defense
Then I would are dry with some oil or Hawaiin silky 14 in 1

LynnieB

i'm sorry i don't have any experience with any of those products rinygirl. hopefully you'll get some feedback about them.

i know braids tend to be drying to hair (i wore twists and if i didn't keep up with it, my hair would feel so dry) if not moisturized properly everyday. what were you using to maintain your braids rinygirl?

i'm not a braid woman so my answer may not be right but if i were you i'd go with some really intensive moisturizing treatments and maybe even layoff the poos for a bit and try conditioner washing. you don't want to strip anything from your hair and a poo will definitely do that.

alot of the ladies love vo5 but you could use whatever you'd like. i'd also try and stay away from silicone poos as they have a tendenacy to build up. the build up isn't really a bad thing it's just that'll you'll need a good strong shampoo to remove it else you're hair's gonna feel dry.

do some deep moisture conditioners like the cholesterol ones you were using.

if you're into organics there's aubrey's gpb (very mild protein but alot of moisturizing properties and the honeysuckle rose is extremely moisturizing). you can get it at most healthfood stores.

step up the moisture for a few days and see if things improve.

also good natural oil or shea butter can help seal the moisture in.

try not to manipulate your hair to roughly, don't use direct heat right now. you'll want to be extra gentle with your hair until you get it back on track.

hang in there - hopefully some of the other ladies can chime in and help more.

it'll be ok.

Soul♥Flower

Thanks LynnieB. I don't know what's going on with my hair. I know I have at least an inch of damaged hair (and my hair is layered!) which could be contributing to the breaking, but I think my hair is also falling, I don't know because most of it isn't popping out with the comb...it's coming out even if I just slide my hand through it! I never seen anything like it.

LynnieB

if you're just coming out of braids that would be perfectly normal!!!

think about it, depending on how long you had your braids in, that's how much shedding that's accumulated and is normal :)

stop worrying about the shedding right now.