Most Potent Natural Protein Treatment?

Best Natural Protein

• Total voters

Honi

There is no board.
I use coconut creme concentrate with heat when I run out of AO GPB. End up with very strong hair!

SoSweet08

Egg and Evoo is the best

Yeah, Motowngirl has some awesome recipes. I haven't visited that site in months, so I think I will go over there and re-read some of them. Thanks for the gelatin heads up too. I think I will pick some of that up too (geez, my hair eats more food than I do).

that_1_grrrl

Is this always the case? I think that it is really important to read labels.

I used to think that mayo was protein but then I looked at the Nutrition Facts. Hardly any protein in the organic one I have at home.

Molasses makes my hair feel like i have had a protein treatment but according to the Nutrition Facts there isn't any in it.

But does the amount of protein in the ingredient really determine how potent it is? For instance say an egg has 9 grams of protein and a serving of yogurt has 18. But maybe that serving of yogurt is a full cup and the egg is a small egg. Wouldn't the egg really have more protein (if you had the equivalent of 1 cup of eggs/ as much eggs as the yogurt)?

I'm thinking too much so feel free to ignore me...but I think it's a valid point. :look:

I noticed that the other day! I always thought it was too. I know once I had put my hair twists and put honey and mayo on them. WOW! It straightened and strengthened my hair

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I've used a greek yogurt, wheat protein, and Hairveda's Cocasta & Shikakai Oil mix 2x and my hair loves it. Now I've been upping my protein overall too so it could be a cumulative effect. I'm fascinated with coconut milk and just want to add it into my reggie somewhere. This might be the place. In the grocery store where would it be? Same place as maybe condensed milk?

Carrie A

I did an egg, coconut milk protein mix, but I didn't follow with a moisturizing conditioner so my hair was hard and crunchy. Is everyone following with a separate moisturizing conditioner?

mkd

I did an egg, coconut milk protein mix, but I didn't follow with a moisturizing conditioner so my hair was hard and crunchy. Is everyone following with a separate moisturizing conditioner?

I DC for an hour with banana brulee. My hair is very hard after the egg.

morehairplease

I add an egg to whatever moisturizing conditioner I have on hand w/oils weekly and so far I have suffered no breakage(my hair seems really thick too).

Netta1

I voted eggs. It always feels like I'm doing an aphogee treatment when I use eggs.:drunk: I've been wanting to try yogurt...How are you ladies using the yogurt?

I use one (cage free) egg mixed with 2 spoonfuls of plain white organic yogurt, a touch of castol oil and a splash of coconut conditioner. I whip the mix to make it creamy and fluffy. Then I pour the mix on my head, place a plastic cap on and a towel over the plastic cap.

I let it sit for however long I want-then I wash and condition my hair as usual.

The mix I use smells good, does not drip and does not make my hair feel hard.

Last edited:

MagnoliaBelle

I've used plain eggs for the second week in a row. Last night I left it on for 2 hours while watching a movie with DH. My hair was beautiful with the egg on (it could almost be a styling product) and when I rinsed, it was amazing-soft, strong, curls were beautiful...

Be sure to test the shower water before you rinse the egg (especially in the summertime when water is abnormally hot). I mistakenly started out with warm thinking that it was cold, and I got a few scrambles. LOL.

Nadege

Coconut concentrate cream (1.5 tbs), Coconut oil (2tbs), and 8oz plain yogurt (or nonfat in my case since that is the only one I can find). put a platic cup on and tie it with a towel and leave it on for about 3hrs. My shampoo and conditioner are Giovanni 50:50

I am rocking it at this moment, hope it works. I have I think 4a, 4b, 4c, 4z hair type.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Nice idea ladies I will use a few of these ideas. I will definitely be cheaper than Aphogee2 step

Lita

Full fat yogurt + Blaskstrap molasses + Knox gelatian= Very Strong Hair.
Mix together with warm water into a smooth paste then apply to hair.Plastic cap 45 min-1hr
low-heat.cowash (rinse) DO NOT PULL HAIR WHILE WASHING. Use moisturizing DC for 45min With Heat. Or over nite with out heat. Happy Hair Growing!

adw425

Co-signing with the poster who said aloe vera. It has the full spectrum of amino acids. I use from the plant or food grade gel. Also, using unflavored gelatin is a pretty potent protein treatment.

spritex

So is coconut milk a protein? If so - mild or potent?
I love it as a DC (mixed with honey or EVOO) but I don't want to overdo the protein.

hair4romheaven

I use one (cage free) egg mixed with 2 spoonfuls of plain white organic yogurt, a touch of castol oil and a splash of coconut conditioner. I whip the mix to make it creamy and fluffy. Then I pour the mix on my head, place a plastic cap on and a towel over the plastic cap.

I let it sit for however long I want-then I wash and condition my hair as usual.

The mix I use smells good, does not drip and does not make my hair feel hard.

I like the sound of this mix. I am due for a strong but not over bearing protein treatment. I may use EVOO instead of castor oil & may skip the conditioner because I plan on DC with QH cholesterol with coconut oil after wards for moisture.

lwilliams1922

I did an egg and EVOO treatment back in the day and it was great. I got the recipe from Motowngirl's website. Someone in the thread about gelatin also mentioned that you could use unflavored gelatin powder as a substitute for the aphogee 2 step protein treatment.

can someone post that recipie with gelatin? I looked on motowngirls site but didnt see it?

thanks

RaeCam

My hair is breaking really badly. Do you think yogurt, Knox gelatin and an egg would be too much protein? I was this close to buying the super aphogee treatment but would rather be natural about it.

Also if I go ahead with this protein treatment can I still henna in the same week or should I wait for that? Thanks!

hair4romheaven

Jherri Redding

100% natural revitalisant that rebuilds damaged hair, protects prior to perming, conditions during coloring services, maximizes curl retention.

Natural Protein Conditioner helps reduce damage and mend split ends, adds body, luster, resiliency and strength to hair, can also be used when coloring or perming hair.

Directions:

Conditioning:
Shampoo and towel dry hair. Work 1/4 to 1/2 oz of Natural Protein Conditioner thoroughly into hair. Leave on for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water, style as usual.

Color work and permanent waving:
Add 1/4 oz of Natural Protein Conditioner to tint, toner, bleach or permanent wave lotion for added conditioning.

For pre-perm conditioning:
Apply 1/4 to 1/2 oz of Natural Protein Conditioner to hair for 5 to 10 minutes before perming. Do not rinse out, wrap hair and proceed with curling lotion as usual.

For better curl retention after perming:
An acidifying rinse is recommended. After neutralizing, rinse, and towel drying the hair, comb a mixture of equal parts Natural Protein Conditioner and Apple Cider Vinegar through the hair for 2 to 3 minutes. Rinse and proceed with styling.

Ingredients:

Water, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Sodium Chloride, Apple Cider Vinegar.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
l read some where that the egg malecules are too big to penetrate the hair shaft.

and that it only works well on the outter layer