Morenita's Big Chop!!!

Morenita

I chopped yesterday after a 16 month transition :thud: I still can't believe that I did it! It was a spur of the moment decision. I mean, I had been contemplating it since March, but never to the point were scissors came anywhere close to my head :lachen: I guess I caught the B/C bug. :look:

So, yesterday, I co-washed, and decided to see what it would look like if I chopped some of the front....................and just kept going :grin::grin:

I am glad that it's over with. I was driving myself nuts going back and forth about it. Now I can't turn back, it's a done deal!

I am finding that my hair coils a LOT more than I had expected though, and I will be looking for much needed advice from all of you naturals out there! The like curls clump together (if that makes any sense) and it's difficult to separate them, and the ends will tangle easily when I try to. Do I just leave the clumps alone and not detangle as often, or finger detangle or what" :whyme: ?? Lol, I guess this is where all of the experimentation begins!!

I'm up for the challenge though :yep:

Anyway, here are a ton of pics!! :pic: In the first few, my hair is soaking wet, no product, it's not quite dry in the middle ones, and dry in the last couple. In the last pic, I just applied KC Knot Today, Oyin Whipped, and some Curl Junkie Coffee Cocoa Curl Creme for a light hold to control the frizz. The top of my hair has never acted "right," and as I suspected even before I chopped, it has a straighter curl pattern, so it looks kinda funky right now. I am sure that some relaxed ends remain, especially in that area, but I got what I could and left it alone because I've heard too many stories about people chopping too much in the front/top for this very reason. We shall see! :yawn:

Threw this one in for comparison's sake

Getting ready to cut:

My Cut Hair:

And VOILA!

Whimsy

YAAAAAAAYYY looks super beautiful... reminds me of my hair a lil...ur curls are bigger i think. YOUR HAIR IS FAAAAAAAAAB.

CONGRATS U NATCHAL THANG YOU!!!

MaryJane3000

OK when i saw that first pic and saw how long your hair was i was like WHHHAAAT? I'd die to have my hair that long and luscious. But then I saw your natural hair and it's even more beautiful. So yea you better do it girl! Can't wait to see how it looks when it grows out! :)

Jewell

Gimme that hair!! Its simply gawgeous, dahling. :grin: You grow girl. I looove it. All these BC-ers and their beautiful naturals are making me regret last week's texlax...but its all good! :drunk:

Morenita

Thank you so much everyone for all of the warm wishes and congratulations!! I am grinning from ear to ear over here from all of your compliments :)

OK when i saw that first pic and saw how long your hair was i was like WHHHAAAT? I'd die to have my hair that long and luscious. But then I saw your natural hair and it's even more beautiful. So yea you better do it girl! Can't wait to see how it looks when it grows out! :)

Lol, too funny! Thank you :D

YAAAAAAAYYY looks super beautiful... reminds me of my hair a lil...ur curls are bigger i think. YOUR HAIR IS FAAAAAAAAAB.

CONGRATS U NATCHAL THANG YOU!!!

Thank you Whimsy! I wish I would have been able to hold out as long as you did, but I figured, hey, what's another 6 months when I'm going to chop it off anyway... :spinning:

Very pretty! It looks like SouthernTease's curls.

Thank you! You and she are two of my inspirations :)

hehe yay! enjoy your new hair :)

Thanks to another of my idols! I think I told you in your Fotki that I use you as my marker since you B/C'ed right as I started my transition. I think you may have at least an inch on me though.

FindingMe

Very pretty! It looks like SouthernTease's curls.

THAT'S MY GIRL!!!! WHOO HOO, now we are no longer transitioning buddies, we are BC buddies!!!!!!!

Girl, your hair is LOVELY! I agree with Ediese, the first thing I thought of when I saw the shape and the curls was SouthernTease!

SOOOOOOOO Pretty! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!:grin:

:dance7: