Monthly growth question?

glamgal198

I know i'm probably going to sound really stupid asking this :spinning:, but hey, a closed mouth never gets fed, right? Anyways, i know the "average" amount of growth one gets per month is half an inch. I was just curious, would that be, a half inch of new growth? Or would it be it be a half inch if the new growth is permed? I don't seem to get half inch of new growth a month, but i was wondering, if my new growth was permed, maybe it would be? Lol, i know...stupid, but seriously, which? :ohwell:

I'm a little confused by your question. :perplexed

The average rate of hair growth is 1/2 inch per month. Natural hair in it's natural state appears shorter than it really is [in general] so it may appear as if you have less growth than you really do. If you were to straighten the new growth out somehow you would see the real length.

That said, 1/2 inch is just an average. Many people fall above and below that average, which is completely normal.

By permed I guess you mean straightened so I would say yeah. 1/2 of straightened or stretched hair is the average, but not 1/2 of new growth in it's shrunken, natural state.

Back