Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Maybe/Not sure

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I enjoy this song very much, I don't want to hear it at church and it would not be in my worship service. but I enjoy the song and have no problem listening to it, while I am driving, cleaning the house, workout etc,.

:yep: I'd have this on my MP3 while I'm on the treadmill... :yep::yep::yep: Yep, I'd do that. It's a good rhythm to keep me 'moving' towards my 30 minutes of treading...

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
@Nicola... I appreciate your post and understand what you mean about 'vague' songs. This song is very clear about Jesus :yep: The beauty of all this is every one's musical taste is different and I respect that. Just because a person doesn't like a song or musical genre doesn't mean it doesn't honor God or that He is not pleased. Only He knows...

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
@Nicola... I appreciate your post and understand what you mean about 'vague' songs. This song is very clear about Jesus :yep: The beauty of all this is every one's musical taste is different and I respect that. Just because a person doesn't like a song or musical genre doesn't mean it doesn't honor God or that He is not pleased. Only He knows...

It's not the genre, I like the song musically in that it has a catchy beat. I'd listen to it. I think it's more a question of what is and is not appropriate to offer to the Lord and why or why not. I don't claim to have that answer, but I don't think that the goodness or badness of worship music comes down to personal taste. There are differences among us all, but I still think it's both ok and necessary to examine such things.

This was on my mind particularly because I was reading Malachi and the Lord had much to say about His people offering unholy sacrifices. Again, I don't have an answer with respect to what does and does not fall into that category, but I do think it's a question that should be taken to heart by believers as we offer sacrifices of praise.

Sent from my LS670 using LS670

GraceV

If a joyful noise is good enough for God, it's good enough for me. While the beat can be distracting for some, especially those who are not inclined toward that kind of music, the words show the intent: to praise God. It may be all kinds of wonky, lopsided or wanna-be-clubby but I think God is gracious enough to look at the heart of whoever is offering praise and thus judge the quality of the offering.

Michal didn't think David's form of praise was respectable or reverent enough but it was exactly the kind of praise that the situation required. All our offerings can not be the same, and I think God prefers it that way.

That's the beauty of the God we serve.

Laela

Amein~

Michal didn't think David's form of praise was respectable or reverent enough but it was exactly the kind of praise that the situation required. All our offerings can not be the same, and I think God prefers it that way.

That's the beauty of the God we serve.

:lol:
:lol: I didn't notice that... lol..
Hey, we're taking back the music..
:grin:

I listened to 20, maybe 30 seconds of it and it reminded me of that song "Goodbye" the one that goes nah nah nah, hey hey hey, goodbye. And Britney Spears " If you seek (ahem) Amy" and something just felt off in my spirit so I stopped the video. But if this song helped intrigue anyone in becoming interested in seeking God, then I think that's great. But this song isn't for me atm.

Laela

I gotcha... :yep:

Yeah, we need to be careful with the bolded, because the heart -- our core being, ie. the spirit man -- is where we communicate with God. It's hidden from men, but not from God. So someone can appear pious to others while offering tithes/offerings and sacrifices but it would be a stench to His nostrils, not a sweet savor. Someone can come into the church wearing rags and smell bad and be more in right standing with God than anyone in the congregation.

I'm glad that GraceV mentioned Micah and David. That's a great example of seeing things only with our natural eyes. Not directed at you of course, because you brought a great point on holiness to this discussion.
:yep: So my question to you is, what is holy? What is worship to you?

This was on my mind particularly because I was reading Malachi and the Lord had much to say about His people offering unholy sacrifices. Again, I don't have an answer with respect to what does and does not fall into that category, but I do think it's a question that should be taken to heart by believers as we offer sacrifices of praise.

Sent from my LS670 using LS670