Moisturized rollerset

MissB

I recently read that inorder to have a moisturized rollerset the following steps should be taken:

*Spray on Leave in Conditioner
*Spray on Setting Lotion
*Apply essential oils
*And then set the hair with rollers.

Has anyone tried this method? Was it successful?

Thanks,

MissB

I haven't tried this, but it sounds interesting
smile.gif

I do everything listed except for the setting lotion part. Most of them make my hair crispy and not very combable.

[ QUOTE ]
myco said:
I do everything listed except for the setting lotion part. Most of them make my hair crispy and not very combable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto

[ QUOTE ]
bocagirl said:
[ QUOTE ]
myco said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto squared.
smile.gif

This is exactly how I do my rollersets. The oil I use is a dab of coconut oil. You only need to use a few sprays of setting lotion--I think that is the part where most overdue it and get the "crunchy" effect.

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
[ QUOTE ]
bocagirl said:
[ QUOTE ]
myco said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto squared.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto cubed!

Thanks everyone! I have jojoba oil, Keracare Essential Oils for the hair, and Lisa's Hair Elixir (CD). Does it matter which one I use?

[ QUOTE ]
greenidlady1 said:
[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
[ QUOTE ]
bocagirl said:
[ QUOTE ]
myco said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto squared.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto cubed!

[/ QUOTE ]
Ditto quadrupled?
laugh.gif

I have found the Pantene Prov V Relaxed and Natural Wrap and Set Lotion to be a good one for roller sets. At least, it never left my hair crispy.

northernbelle

[ QUOTE ]
myco said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. Setting lotions dry out my hair.

this method sounds really good...so, do you just mix them all together and put it on, or do them one after the other??? and also, does the order in which you apply matter??
~T~

[ QUOTE ]
MissB said:
I recently read that inorder to have a moisturized rollerset the following steps should be taken:

*Spray on Leave in Conditioner
*Spray on Setting Lotion
*Apply essential oils
*And then set the hair with rollers.

Has anyone tried this method? Was it successful?

Thanks,

MissB

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I have. Try is to have the hair really wet so the other products won't weigh it down. It will come out nice and shiney.
I use water first
Salerm or Neutrogena cream leave it
Motions foam wrap
roll
sray with water if starting to dry and top with Olive Oil.

this is the method I plan on trying next time. I tried it without setting lotion and that just doesnt work in this FL humidity, I should have known better! I spent a whole hour under the dryer, then wrapped. when I took it down it looked good but I could tell it wouldnt hold up, so I went to get the mail and by the time I came back it was already over. that was my 5 minutes of fame!
ha, but I really like design essentials foaming wrap lotion and plan to purchase that again, and I also have some elasta qp that I like.

[ QUOTE ]
this method sounds really good...so, do you just mix them all together and put it on, or do them one after the other??? and also, does the order in which you apply matter??
~T~

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question. My question is: Do you apply this all over the hair before roller-setting or do you wait and apply it in each section that you are about to roll?

I apply all over before roller setting. I use the leave-in first and mix the other ingredients together in a spray bottle. But, you could mix them all together for one application.

that is the exact method i use too. I have to use spray leave in condioner because i found that when i use cream, it takes my hair longer to dry and the curl does not last as long. I also use end wraps when I do my hair. i know most people do not use this but I find it keeps my ends moist and the curl last longer.

Do you wrap the end papers around the ends of your hair or around the roller itself? I bought a box, and when I tried to put them on the ends of my hair, I don't think I did it correctly.

i apply oils, then spray my leave in, then roll my hair.. and wrap it for 10 min under the dryer once its dry.

I do almost the same as listed. However, I use a smidge of Salerm21, 4 droppers of revitlaizing drops, and a very small amount of oil and highly diluted setting lotion. Then I wrap and go under the dryer for 10 mins. As to crispy sets ... just dilute the setting lotion. I fill my squirt bottle 1/5 Lottabody, 4/5 water. I like to keep my hair wet as I roll so I spray every setion before I roll. I've never had a crispy set.

In the past, I have used a little Keracare Silken Seal on the ends. This method worked pretty well. At the salon, I have seen the stylist mix Biosilk with Bedhead After Party.

I use Salerm 21 and John Frieda's texture correcting serum from the Relax line. This combo is like the holy grail for me. I apply both while my hair is dripping and comb through to distribute. Then I give my entire head just 2 or 3 sprays of setting lotion. As others have mentioned, more than a little is too much. I keep a spray bottle of distilled water next to me in case my hair beings to dry out as I roll.

Back