• Pure MN

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Other, please explain

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
Could you please explain what type of MN you use and what you mix it with. Have you seen results as of yet? If so, how much growth have you gotten? Thank you all so much in advance :yep:

SW2011

I was consistently using it (straight out of the tube - no mixing) for about 3 weeks at one time, but I stopped due to headaches. I can't really say how much growth I got because I already had some crazy newgrowth. I tried MN again last week, and I got a headache on the first day. I can't do it anymore.

Sui Topi

I picked monistat only because it's all I had in my closet when I read that MN thread and I really wanted to try. I mix it with some oils and Hollywood beauty castor oil grease thing, and so far I dunno I relaed my hair October 3 and I started MN on October 26th I think, and I'm a little over 1 inch right now. That means I doubled my growth rate because I used to get a relaxer every 2 months to relax 1 inch of newgrowth. I feel like getting one now but I want to correct some thinning in my temple area first before I relax and 6 weeks seems a little soon to me

Evazhair

I mixed my Neosporin AF with some Carol's daughter hair balm and some wheat germ/emu oil. I used a color application bottle to get it only on my scalp, because that's where it acts and it dries out any hair it touches. I have only used it twice. I had newgrowth already, and it did cause me to relax at six weeks when I have been going for 8. I don't and won't be measuring, but I know it does give me a boost. I am considering using it again within the next week, but I won't be applying it everyday, because I refuse to have my roots dried out. Maybe once or twice a week for 3 weeks at a time. IDK

monieluv

I heard that alot of people got headaches from using MN. I've never experienced this. When I first started, it felt like little worms or something was crawling on my scalp. That lasted a week, but it was very aggrevating. I had to go to the restroom and take off my wig just to scratch my scalp. :grin:

hothair

Well back on my MN (I had a blocked application tip for weeks and hadn't realised:lachen:) I coloured just about 2 weeks ago and can see some lurvly black roots already, really aiming for Shoulder length this Dec :)

ETA: I use the CVS brand or regular 4% monistat mixed with Gyno-daktarin 2% mixed with my MTG - lol covering all bases...

InJesusName

I just started using MN and committed to doing it every other day. I am normally REALLY lazy with growth aids, but I thought I would give it a shot. I already have a ton of new growth at 9 weeks post, but I am gearing myself up for 2008. I am DETERMINED to get the 6 inches that people claim is "average" growth for hair. With all the vitamins, working out, water, healthy diet, and growth aids, 2008 MUST be my year!!

nakialovesshoes

I've used it & got crazy growth. I used the Family Dollar brand. I used iaec's (I think that's her name.) recipe. It was BB growth lotion, African 6 oil & sulfur & mixed together I think. No headaches then.

I also mixed it with JBCO & apparently b/c the mix kept separating, I kept putting straight MN on my scalp. The headaches were crucial. So if you do it, just make sure you have the MN mixed well because the headaches are crazy.

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
I use either Walmart's Equate brand or Family Dollar (each 2%). I used it for maybe a couple of months mixed with a lot of different oils and sulfur. But I got tired of all the oils (and the smell of the sulfur).

So I just started a couple of weeks ago using MN straight out the tube. It did dry my hair a bit but not too bad. Last night I got down to the very last of that tube and decided to only add ONE oil (castor oil) just to stretch it out until I get to the store to get more. Oh yeah, I also added a little peppermint oil just for the tingle. I'm not using 50 different oils anymore because I hate the drip in the summer heat and I like it creamy.

My scalp is still tingling and itching mildly right now which, to me, signals growth. I got a lot of growth but didn't get any tingles when I used it straight without the peppermint oil.

HTH!!