Mizani!

Namilani

Greetings, ladies! Okay, so I've pretty much ditched my pjism, right? Well, I still want to alternate my weekly Humecto with something else. I also need a new light protein since KeraCare doesn't have a light one, anyway. I went to a stylist for the first time in four years Thursday. I was told she used Keracare, so that's why I even went to her. Well, after she's half way done she them asks me what I normally use. Long story short, the only KeraCare product she'd used was the leave-in :eek:! So I look in the mirror... And my hair is soft, bouncy, shiny, and still healthy-- she'd used Mizani!

Now I've been using the Nighttime Treatment, but KeraCare everything else (minus my Proclaim Glossing Polish/Spray). So if there are any Mizani experts still left, please help!

Whats the difference between Moisturefuse and Hydrafuse? Fulfyl and Kerafuse? I'm looking to purchase a light protein one and a moisturizing one. Of course the pj in me (and impulse buyer) already had stuff I was set to order off eBay! Buuuutttt, I said "Hey, let me ask around first! Somebody knows something over here!" Thanks is advance!

Candiss

Fulfyl is a mix of protein and moisture, smells great and a little goes a long way. Moisturefuse is a deep moisturing conditioner. I don't know about the other two.

Namilani

Candiss said:
Fulfyl is a mix of protein and moisture, smells great and a little goes a long way. Moisturefuse is a deep moisturing conditioner. I don't know about the other two.

Thanks. My guess is Kerafuse is supposed to be a heavier protein. Now I just want to know if Moisturefuse or Hydrafuse is more moisturizing...

ryanshope

Fufyl and Moisturefuse are both lighter conditioners met for regular use. The Fufyl formula contains more proteins then the Moisturefuse formula. Kerafuse is a creamy, protein based conditioner and Hydrafuse(humectant)which is a moisturizing conditioner that attracts/retains moisture. The Kerafuse and Hydrafuse meant to be combined to create customized conditioning formulas for deep conditioning(such as after a relaxer application). The Fulfyl and Moisturefuse conditioners are marketed to consumers; Kerafuse and Hydrafuse are marketed to cosmetologists.

ryanshope

Mizani is the BOMB! I like the Moisturefuse and Fulfyl conditioners, both keep my hair soft and amazing. I have so many conditioners, but when I first started my hair journey these were my favs and I still like them as top 10 items...

blac_quarian

Been here from long time
sweetness0099 said:
Fufyl and Moisturefuse are both lighter conditioners met for regular use. The Fufyl formula contains more proteins then the Moisturefuse formula. Kerafuse is a creamy, protein based conditioner and Hydrafuse(humectant)which is a moisturizing conditioner that attracts/retains moisture. The Kerafuse and Hydrafuse meant to be combined to create customized conditioning formulas for deep conditioning(such as after a relaxer application). The Fulfyl and Moisturefuse conditioners are marketed to consumers; Kerafuse and Hydrafuse are marketed to cosmetologists.

I've used this combination on and off (more off recently though) for about 4 years and it works great. My former stylist recommended a mixture 2 parts hydrafuse to 1 part Kerafuse for my hair and it always did the trick for imparting strength and moisture. I think I'll revisit these products...

ryanshope

I have used all of the conditioners that Mizani offers; the Hydrafuse works really well with the Kerafuse for strengthenen(ms) the hair and imparting softness; Moisturefuse is works best as a weekly treatment or as a quick rinse conditioner(although it doesn't hurt to deep condition w/it)..

Namilani

sweetness0099 said:
I have used all of the conditioners that Mizani offers; the Hydrafuse works really well with the Kerafuse for strengthenen(ms) the hair and imparting softness; Moisturefuse is works best as a weekly treatment or as a quick rinse conditioner(although it doesn't hurt to deep condition w/it)..

So you've never used Hydrafuse alone? I was thinking of buying Fulfyl and Hydrafuse b/c I figure Hydrafuse was more moisturizing than Moisturefuse since it was marketed to cosmetologists as opposed to consumers. I don't want Kerafuse b/c I use the Affirm 5-in-1 for heavy protein if needed.

tapioca_pudding

Great thread.. I was thinking of trying some Mizani products (Although I just dropped a STUPID amt on Aveeda... ). I did buy the Overnite treatment tho, gonna give that a go.

*Michelle*

Be careful with moisturefuse...it WILL coat your hair at some point (depending on the frequency used). Moisturefused was designed to be used AFTER a relaxer is rinsed but BEFORE the neutralizing shampoo. Because it gives SO much slip it is FREQUENTLY and almost always overused...the long term effects will catch up with your hair.

On the other hand Hydrafuse was designed to impart major moisture, it has a smaller molecular structure therefore allowing it to penetrate the cuticle deeper in the strand) and mixed with Kerafuse you can come up with a great personal balance between moisture and protein. Be VERY careful with Kerafuse used to frequently and/or not moisturizing immediatly is SURE to cause breakage.

Fulfyl is VERY light conditioner. I would NOT rely on it if it is your ONLY source of conditioner...say weekly. However if your shampoo more than once a week and just need a quick conditioner and you will not using heat or stressing your hair...it may be your choice for that day.

Trust me I used to work for Mizani but resigned after they sold to L'Oreal. I have also used a Mizani relaxer (almost since its inception). I still use some products every 3-4 months because it is an excellant product. I mainly use Redken (two of the main chemist for Mizani, and Biolage were Redken chemist...my hair loves Redken also)

I digress...

bLackButtaFly

Pixel Lady said:
Be careful with moisturefuse...it WILL coat your hair at some point (depending on the frequency used). Moisturefused was designed to be used AFTER a relaxer is rinsed but BEFORE the neutralizing shampoo. Because it gives SO much slip it is FREQUENTLY and almost always overused...the long term effects will catch up with your hair.

On the other hand Hydrafuse was designed to impart major moisture, it has a smaller molecular structure therefore allowing it to penetrate the cuticle deeper in the strand) and mixed with Kerafuse you can come up with a great personal balance between moisture and protein. Be VERY careful with Kerafuse used to frequently and/or not moisturizing immediatly is SURE to cause breakage.

Fulfyl is VERY light conditioner. I would NOT rely on it if it is your ONLY source of conditioner...say weekly. However if your shampoo more than once a week and just need a quick conditioner and you will not using heat or stressing your hair...it may be your choice for that day.

Trust me I used to work for Mizani but resigned after they sold to L'Oreal. I have also used a Mizani relaxer (almost since its inception). I still use some products every 3-4 months because it is an excellant product. I mainly use Redken (two of the main chemist for Mizani, and Biolage were Redken chemist...my hair loves Redken also)

I digress...

Wow good information. I may hav eot get on the Redken band wagon. I only use the moisturfuse products once every two weeks, my hair likes to be a little dirty, so I'm mostly a no-poo girl. But i could see how eventually it would coat your hair. hmmm....good info!

alwayzalady22

riddle me this....how do moisturfuse and hydrafuse compare to humecto? i'm researching good moisturizing deep conditioners, and i wanna know which you ladies think is the most moisturizing! :cool:

Namilani

I knew ya'll would hook me up! Thanks SO much, Pixel Lady!! I will be buying the Hydrafuse and Kerafuse! My hair seems to be feeling the overnight H2O treatment (and I just won 4 off eBay for $50!!), so I'm hoping my hair's gonna act right!

Oooooh! I'd like a comparison to Humecto, as well. That's the conditioner I'm gonna be alternating the Mizani with.

blackberry815

I digress...

So does this mean you should not use moisturefuse weekly? or does it just mean that you should clarify more often?

Ruby True

Bumping for an update. Im trying to simplify my reggie. I bought the kerafuse and the hydrafuse as well as the reconstructing mask and moisturefusion. What has been your experience? Any tips? TIA

MsSanz92

Does anyone still use the Mizani Moisturfusion Silk Cream Conditioner? I was interested in picking this up.

blackberry815

Bumping for an update. Im trying to simplify my reggie. I bought the kerafuse and the hydrafuse as well as the reconstructing mask and moisturefusion. What has been your experience? Any tips? TIA

I just bought the hydrafuse and kerafuse and am going to use it for the first time this weekend... I'll post how it goes. I'd love to see more responses to this. I use all mizani and my hair loves their products so I'm hoping this is no different.

Ruby True

Can't wait to see your results. Are you mixing them I understand there is some kind of pin wheel. What other Mizani products do you use???

blackberry815

I will be mixing them. If you google "mizani custom blend" it will lead u to some directions on how to mix it. I also use the puriphying shampoo, the botanifying shampoo, moisturefuse, fulfyl, the foam wrap lotion, the d'tangle leave in conditioner, the spradiance serum, the sheen spray, the H20 intense night time treatment, and the therma strength heat protectant. And the nourishing hair dress. That's it. My stylist used all mizani products and I wanted the same salon results at home and now I don't need her anymore lol... ( Except for relaxers)

Bnster

blackberry815 yes let us know your results. I am just discovering the world of Mizani, I just did my relaxer with it's BB and loved something about the whole relaxer process. I am off to google "mizani custom blend" thanks for the tip!

blackberry815

@blackberry815 yes let us know your results. I am just discovering the world of Mizani, I just did my relaxer with it's BB and loved something about the whole relaxer process. I am off to google "mizani custom blend" thanks for the tip!

no problem, I definately will post my results tomorrow night! good luck to you!

Ruby True

I will be mixing them. If you google "mizani custom blend" it will lead u to some directions on how to mix it. I also use the puriphying shampoo, the botanifying shampoo, moisturefuse, fulfyl, the foam wrap lotion, the d'tangle leave in conditioner, the spradiance serum, the sheen spray, the H20 intense night time treatment, and the therma strength heat protectant. And the nourishing hair dress. That's it. My stylist used all mizani products and I wanted the same salon results at home and now I don't need her anymore lol... ( Except for relaxers)

I also bought the H2O intense night time treatment. I think I use too much cuz my hair was a bit stiff. How often do you use the moisturefuse?

blackberry815

I also bought the H2O intense night time treatment. I think I use too much cuz my hair was a bit stiff. How often do you use the moisturefuse?

It says to use it 2 to 3 times a week. And only a very small amount. It stops breakage for me right away. I use it twice a week when I see breakage.